What's new

150 watt Bogglegum SCROG

immortal

ok well its been about a week since I started the clones and im expecting to see roots any time now. I still Gotta finish a few minor details on the flower cab and test it out.

Ill update again after I see some damned roots.

immortal

mmm scissor hash. Damn am I glad i kept forgetting to scrape those scissors. One of the best hash buzzes ive ever had even those it was only the size of a BB. I had to scape every inch of two pairs of scissors to get it and I diddnt think it was enough to get me high either.

So anyways, My clones still dont have any roots. I must confess though that my mums were in shitty condition when I took the clones, they had almost died less than a week before, so a few of the clones have a few almost dead leaves now and all of them are yellowing around the edges.(Next Time I wont forget to water them.

I root pruned my mothers today. I trimmed a 1/2 inch off the bottom and 1/4 of all sides and put them back in 4 inch pots with fresh soil. I water them with a gallon of water with 1/4 tablespoon superthrive and 1 tsp pure Blend GRow.

I have my flower chamber running and temps are at 83 degrees 1 inch below the glass with the door closed. With the door open it rises around 10 degrees slowly but when I close the door it drops quickly down to 83. I still have to add a 3 inch and 4 inch pc fan to my setup which I bought and newer used. I think one will blow air across my bulb towards my vent fan while the other blows under the glass keeping plant tops cool. with these additions I hope to get temps to 75 degrees. I think maybe I could fit 20 of those 4 inch pots in there too. thats 20 6 to 8 inch fat colas. With that many clones i could break the 150 yield record.

so my clones are now under the hps. They should have roots by now so maybe the hps get them to grow enough to show.

Thanks Sleepy.

oh yea and I sprayed the clones and mums with a lil of the fert solution that I used to water my mums. Hopefully theyll green up a lil. Later.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hi immortal
Ahhh scissor hash. I too got a little bb size hunk my last trim, I too thought it wouldn't get me high, boy was I surprised :joint: :bat:

Like the new setup idea, looking forward to watching them grow out... :lurk:

immortal

thanks Mr GJ

I have good news. One of the clones was rooted. Was until I pulled it out, I felt the root snap and then looked on the side of the peat pellet and saw a root poking through. I accidently pulled one out and saw no roots developing whatsoever so I started tugging on a few others to see if there was any resistance.

I think maybe ill keep the best 6 out of this batch and start another 6 in a few weeks.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Can't wait to see the new set-up in full operation... :lurk:

Should be fun and keep you busy... :canabis:

immortal

Unfortunately temps here hit 94 yesturday and my cab stayed around 90. It was still at 88 at 9 pm. I had moved my clones closer to the light and they were badly wilted so I shut off the flowering cab and put them back under fluros. They are doing ok now even though I took the lid off the humidity dome last night.

immortal

wow! That was one powerfull pinch pf pot. I managed to scape a pinch of some pot out of my homemade mini stashbox that otherwise appeared empty. Got me a better buzz than that scissor hash I think. Now I am officially out of pot again.

So my clones are still under the 150 with the top of the dome off. I opened the weakest looking ones to check for roots and there were none so I have 9 clones left now.

I have confirmed roots one one. It has poked through in two spots. Im waiting untill I see new growth or lots of roots comming out of the peat pellet before transplant. I figure if I fully root the peat pellet first the clone will take off in veg. I wanted to transplant into 2 1/2 inch square pots for a week of veg, then goto the 4 inch pots for flowering but I dont have enough of the little pots right now and the store I got them at is out, I bought all of the 4 inch ones they had left. Ill go back before I transplant to check though.

Ive been thinking about taking pictures but my clones are looking so abused that im embarrased. Ill show pics when they look healthier. If they ever do. Next time ill take clones when the mums are in a healthy state. Lesson learned.

immortal

ok so I decided to germ the rest of my seeds. 5 skunk x African durban and 5 bogglegum. I souked the skunk briefly then stuck em in the paper towel. the bogglegums were in a shot glass in the grow area since yesturday afternoon. Most of the bogglegums have cracked and tails are starting to emerge. I moved them to the paper towel with the skunks. The skunks have not cracked and all the others ive germed seemed difficult. I really want to try something other than bogglegum and I dont plan on buying seeds for a long time so this is my last hope.

Now my veg area is only 10 inches wide by 20 long so ill either have to train all seedlings into bonzai mums or I may sog from seed with my clones. The clones are now all well rooted into the peat pellets. I poured a weak nutrient solution into the bottom of the tray they are in so all the pellets are really wet. I will probably transplant into the 4 inch pots when they dry out a lil bit.

I really dont know if its a good idea to sog from seed as well as from clone in the same area. It may get tricky. Id love some advice from anyone who has ever done a sog or a sog from seed. IM more worried that the skunks will get too much bigger for comfort because I think they are a sativa dominant strain.

Anyways after such a long time of being depressed with growing its starting to get exciting again. Soon ill have my hands full. Did I metion im completely out of pot now. Ive already picked the last stem clean twice.

Wish me luck guys.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
No experience to share on this one, but I'm gonna take a seat and watch. Sorry to hear the branch is picked clean :badday: Soon you'll be in the green :yummy:

immortal

Ive decided to abandon the sog from seed idea. All the seeds will go into a single plug tray and formed into mums from the getgo. That little veg chamber is gonna get pretty crowded pretty quick. Later.

Oh yea, how do you enable reputation, mines disabled somehow. And where does everyone get the current mood thing and where the hell is mine.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Your rep is a tick box in [USER MENU] - (MY OPTIONS) and your mood is in (MY PROFILE)

immortal

thanks Gmt.

It doesnt look like any of the skunks are gonna make it. they hadnt even cracked so I squeezed them to pop em and still no tails. The last Bogglegum has cracked but its tail isnt comming out.

immortal

OK I Transplanted the 6 that were showing roots into 2.5 inch pots. The other 3 had roots but were a few days behind and a little smaller than the others. I got pics. Havin trouble uploading

immortal

well the last Bogglegum stuck his tail out today so I put it in soil. None of the skunks were showing any tails yet so I carefully peeled off the shell on a few. All the tails were kinda black and they just diddnt look too viable. Put em in dirt anyways maybe 1 or 2 will surprise me. The first Bogglegum I planted has sprouted.

immortal

Hmmm, I been smokin fan leaves again, courtesy of my mums, a few dead leaves that needed to be trimmed. Anyways im thinking that this whole sog is not such a great idea. I think that the quality of the bud would be much better overall under a scrog not to mention that it will be almost maintenance free after the first few weeks of flower.

immortal

I already bought a ton of little pots though. good thing they were only like 20 cents a piece for the 4 inch ones.

Latest posts

Latest posts