What's new

<$150 led or 250w MH

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Dion, I hope "stuck" in Europe is a good thing, best wishes!

Been crazy around here, finally getting to spend a few hours in the garden tying, trimming underbrush and taking pics. The temp has been tolerable but I gotta do something about the humidity. It's been almost record rainfall for the area and humidity averages 99% with lights off during daylight hours outside and 72% lights on night time hours. Hopefully this month will bring better numbers.

Day 44 for the bagseed plant "BLUE" in the first pic.

Day 44 for the GSCx#1 plant in the second pic.

Third pic is the spot where I broke her trying to keep her height down but she soared over 4' tall, even with the "s" bend, tying her to the pot and breaking her in several places.

Fourth pic is the pair that went in next, about 16 days behind the first pair to kick off my perpetual grow.

Fifth pic is the three new GSCx female plants from seed also 28 days in.

Last pic is the group shot with all 15 plants as of today.

I should be able to get a new pair in each week until the first pair come out near the end of this month. Also should be able to keep the heights more manageable once I'm working with only clones and figure out the stretch of each pheno. I think the perfect height in this cab is about 24" from the top of the cup.

Attachments

• PICT3950.jpg
    PICT3950.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT3954.jpg
    PICT3954.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT3952.jpg
    PICT3952.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 28
  • PICT3955.jpg
    PICT3955.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT3956.jpg
    PICT3956.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT3958.jpg
    PICT3958.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 27

Dion

that humidity is an issue will surely slow down growth =C

have you grown in this location before? how did u deal with humidity with your hps?

The Dopest

Veteran
All my previous grows were indoors and climate controlled, this one is and outbuilding that is NOT, all I can do is force more air through and cross my fingers.

The Dopest

Veteran
Crap news here, this will be a seed run only, I got PM in the cabinet from all the high humidity lately so no smoke for at least one more run. Hoping for better results when the temps cool off and the rain cuts back but it's been 60-99% humidity for the past month or better. The lights look like they will perform pretty well, this is strictly environmental issues due to the cabinet being in an outbuilding with NO climate control and piss poor weather. :(

Dion

sorry to hear it

im folllowing you on riu now as there are too many kunts on this forum allowed to run free

gl for the future

The Dopest

Veteran
Bad weather had me holding back but I just took 18 clones from four mother plants GSCxOGK cross. I will be flipping within days of rooting, I want to keep them small. Day 1 coming again soon.

The Dopest

Veteran
Nothing but bad luck with this location so far. The clones damped out, I finally got 3 to root last week and they are vegging now. I still have four mother plants, all GSC crosses and will be taking more cuts as I can to try and get growing again. The humidity in this place sucks, hoping to find another spot to make a run or two after the new year, I'll update as I go.

Thanks for checking up on me!

The Dopest

Veteran
I had an idea to modify my air flow and finally got around to trying it, the humidity in the cabinet dropped 19% in less than 10 minutes. This cabinet may actually work for me now. I'm going to do a test run with lights on and confirm.

The Dopest

Veteran
Lil over halfway through flower on the test run, rh is within spec and it's been raining a lot but I think the cold weather helps. I just dropped a bunch of gsc x ogk bx1 and if any germ they will be vegged a week then flowered. Fingers crossed!

Dion

Lil over halfway through flower on the test run, rh is within spec and it's been raining a lot but I think the cold weather helps. I just dropped a bunch of gsc x ogk bx1 and if any germ they will be vegged a week then flowered. Fingers crossed!

Where did we find the installation instructions for the te connectors? What wire gauge do they take?

Peace

The Dopest

Veteran
There should be a link in this thread or mention of it in our discussion, pretty sure it's 18ga.

The Dopest

Veteran
Back at it strong! Three plants at about 46 days or so but temps in the cabinet were down low from 38-48*f for about 10 days spread out over the past month which I'm sure stunted growth during that period. The two front plants are both clones from one plant and the others are clones from other plants. You can see that the front two are taller and got too close to the lights bleaching them about three weeks ago but they are recovering now. The rear right is shorter and more stout than the other two. There is another plant in the back that went in about 2-3 weeks behind the first three and one in a cup that just went in about two weeks ago. I will keep it perpetual until temps get too high out here and I have to shut down. All genetics are from a member here and they are a cross of GSCxOGx?, he hit them with pollen from several different males so the father is unknown but I have a list of candidates mentioned earlier in this thread.

I also just popped a few seeds I made from the first run that got mildew/mold from high temps/humidity. They are basically just back crosses of the same genetics above. They will be going in randomly over the next few days/weeks to keep the perpetual going.

Attachments

• PICT3963.jpg
    PICT3963.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 30
  • PICT3962.jpg
    PICT3962.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 25
  • LT60chop2
    LT60chop2
    139.7 KB · Views: 34
  • PICT3960.jpg
    PICT3960.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT3959.jpg
    PICT3959.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT3965.jpg
    PICT3965.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 26

The Dopest

Veteran
One of the drivers in the flower cab is wigging out, it's in strobe mode so it's like a disco in there right now. I screwed up and mounted the drivers in a horrible place on the back of the cab and can not access them without some serious work so I plan to order a couple more this weekend and by the time they come in it will be time to empty the reservoir. I will take everything out so I can move the cabinet for access, then I will relocate the drivers for easier access while I have it out. I swapped wires to another COB to troubleshoot and it did the same thing with a different COB so it's either a bad connection at the driver or the driver itself. This is one of the times I am glad I didn't use a larger single driver, I would have been screwed, at least I can limp by on the other 3 lights until the new driver shows up and since I'm ordering a couple, I will have a backup if anything happens to one in the future.

The Dopest

Veteran
I just got the go ahead from the boss to relocate and upgrade my grow for the next run. It will be at least twice this size, possibly 3-4 times bigger. The room is better suited to weather change though still not really climate controlled yet but that could change as well with help from an ac or dehumidifier if/when the time comes. I'll be gathering supplies over the next few weeks and hope to have it running within a month. I'll start a new thread on the build and grow when I get around to building it and link to it from here so watch for updates.

This current grow should be wrapping up in 2-4 weeks max. The plants are looking amazing in person!

Dion

One of the drivers in the flower cab is wigging out, it's in strobe mode so it's like a disco in there right now. I screwed up and mounted the drivers in a horrible place on the back of the cab and can not access them without some serious work so I plan to order a couple more this weekend and by the time they come in it will be time to empty the reservoir. I will take everything out so I can move the cabinet for access, then I will relocate the drivers for easier access while I have it out. I swapped wires to another COB to troubleshoot and it did the same thing with a different COB so it's either a bad connection at the driver or the driver itself. This is one of the times I am glad I didn't use a larger single driver, I would have been screwed, at least I can limp by on the other 3 lights until the new driver shows up and since I'm ordering a couple, I will have a backup if anything happens to one in the future.

just switch to meanwelll hlg 1400 and rewire the whole thing

The Dopest

Veteran
Thought about it but it's about $70, I can get 7 Chinese drivers for that price and if anything happened to the meanwell all my lights would be out. I think I'll order the cheap ones and get a couple extras for the new larger space while I'm at it. I'll have to order some more 3070s for the new space too, may step up to the cxb's if the price is right but these cxa's are kicking ass!

I bought an 90watt led, test plants in veg grew very slow under it. The purple lighting also fucks with my eyes, I become temporarily color blind after leaving the cab. I think I'll go with 150 watt MH or hps any day.

Dion

Thought about it but it's about $70, I can get 7 Chinese drivers for that price and if anything happened to the meanwell all my lights would be out. I think I'll order the cheap ones and get a couple extras for the new larger space while I'm at it. I'll have to order some more 3070s for the new space too, may step up to the cxb's if the price is right but these cxa's are kicking ass!

im trying to make a template for the tE connector(working with cxb3590s at the moment)

been doing all moring they always come out off... that second pilot stem thing fuck

i think i need to do it on the comp and lay it over the plyboard then drill

doing my fuckin head in dude

i know ur handy with the tools give me a tip

Latest posts

Latest posts