What's new

<$150 led or 250w MH

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Day 15 update, first pic is veg cab with five seedlings centered on the shelf in front and last weeks rooted clones behind them against the wall. Bottom shelf is newly rooted clones in front and three trays with about 20 more not rooted behind them. The cup full of clones on the left are all bagseed clones taken when trimming and if by some chance they root, I will stick them in the woods somewhere and see what comes up.

Flower cab is out of control, I think the two COBs could handle the entire grow if they were more strategically placed now. Those lights are stupid ridiculous. I think my four ran at 1050ma in this cab would rock just about as well, I think my 1500ma setup could almost cover a 3'x3'. :)

First pic veg cab

Second pic shows the five new GSC cross seedlings in front and clones to the rear.

Third pic shows two of the seedlings that got leaf burn from being too close to the light, I had to move the shelf down since they are growing fast now.

Fourth pic shows flower cab, four females on the corners and two males in the center. The males are coming out tomorrow, the sacks are about to start opening.

Fifth pic shows the two males in center. I may just use the front one but I'll decide later when I have to deal with it.

Females featured in the next post.

Attachments

• HPIM0284.jpg
    HPIM0284.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 24
  • HPIM0285.jpg
    HPIM0285.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM0286.jpg
    HPIM0286.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM0288.jpg
    HPIM0288.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM0289.jpg
    HPIM0289.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 20

The Dopest

Veteran
Females day 15, first pic is an unknown bagseed plant we will call "Blue" for now.

Second pic is the GSCxOGKx(?) plant marked green.

Third pic is the two newer bagseed plants we will call "yellow" and "Orange" for now.

Attachments

• HPIM0292.jpg
    HPIM0292.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM0291.jpg
    HPIM0291.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 21
  • HPIM0290.jpg
    HPIM0290.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 23

Dion

could def cover a 3x3 but with those 4 in a 2x2 u are on par with the sun( almost lol)

3 in that space would match( a bit better) than a 315w LEC

enjoy running 30w less light than a 250mh brosef lol

The Dopest

Veteran
Forgot to mention I turned on another light yesterday so there are three on now. I also just flipped two clones that rooted on 5/30 and vegged under the single CXA3070 for 9 days. They are about 5-6" tall right now, I want to see where they finish. I'm undecided on finishing out the larger females or starting my perpetual sog so I started the two clones to be safe. The two clones are marked GREEN and YELLOW are day 1.

The Dopest

Veteran
day 21 brings big changes to the small flower cabinet. I decided to take the YELLOW and ORANGE out in the woods, hope they make it out there but to start my perpetual and get on schedule I needed the room. I may end up with the other two large plants out there as well but for now they are in the corners. The one on the left rear is the older bag seed plant and the one on the right is the GSCxOGK cross, it outgrew my cabinet so it don't get it's own light, I just can't bring myself to take it out back yet. Down low I have the first two clones I put in a week ago and behind them are two clones I just put in today. I plan to put two cups in each week until I run out of space, they will be flowered out in the cups. To the right of the clones are the (5) new GSCxOGK cross seed plants that also went in today. They will be sexed and females flowered out, hopefully cloned to decide which to focus on for future grows.

I need a bigger boat...

Attachments

• HPIM0293.jpg
    HPIM0293.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 21
  • HPIM0294.jpg
    HPIM0294.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 24
  • HPIM0298.jpg
    HPIM0298.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM0295.jpg
    HPIM0295.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 26

The Dopest

Veteran
BTW Skinny, that leaf/hand shot is the GSCxOGK.

Over in the veg cab things are starting to look more organized. I have a clone of each seed plant on the top shelf in the back for mothers/father plants. The two under the light are vegging to go in flower next week and I have some clones rooted below that will be vegging for the following week.

Attachments

• HPIM0297.jpg
    HPIM0297.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
BTW Skinny, that leaf/hand shot is the GSCxOGK.

That would be the Malawi male that hit that one. Yeah that one will get big. One of mine right now is over 6' tall. I cracked it in half. I am probably about 4 weeks ahead of you. I am getting some amazing smells from this cross. The resin production is impressive as well. I'll try to get some pics. Your plants are looking good.

The Dopest

Veteran
Great info on the Malawi male, Thanks! Have you decided what you are going to call this cross, are you going to name it? Funny you say you cracked yours in half, I tied this one to the pot early on and it still went for the stars. A few days ago I started snapping the stem at the top few nodes and night before last I accidentally went to far and it layed all the way over. I had to tape a piece of tubing to it for support.

I hope to find the short bushy pheno female in the new batch like the male I got from the first batch. The taller male is most likely the Malawi cross as well, it had the exact same structure and appearance as this female but it was male. I'll make some seeds from both males but separately so we can compare the offspring.

If you can get some pics that would be great, I'd like to see what I am working with. Thanks man!

The Dopest

Veteran
Update coming this weekend with pics.

NOTE TO SELF, batch #3 of clones went in today as day 1.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
I snapped some quick photos. Excuse the HPS.

Did you get some Super Skunk also? Here is a pic of the taller sativa pheno. There is also a golfball pheno. You might want to hold off on sprouting these. I'll use this pic of the one Super Skunk for scale of everything else. It's not quite 6' AFF. Almost though.

picture.php

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Here is a pic comparing the top bud size. Super Skunk (left) vs. Serengeti Kush (right). This is probably the short pheno you found.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Here is the one you want to find. This would be OG Kush x GSC x Tom Hill's Haze. These pics will do it no justice. Rest assured when it is done there will be better pics. I get high just thinking about smoking this. I get baked just smelling this. This may be my holy grail. When it gets done be looking for my phone call. Road trip and its on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In this last pic is another plant with the Malawi dad in the background. The plant in the foreground is the plant with the Tom Hill Haze father. Both of these plants exceed 7'.

picture.php

The Dopest

Veteran
Your plants look awesome and HUGE!!! I can't wait to see them finished!!! How many days do you think you'll be taking them to? July 24th will be day 63 on mine, I will be chopping somewhere around there I think. If you want to plan a road trip, try to plan it a week or two(or more) after then if possible and we can compare smoke, until then I am smokeless. It will be great to see you and smoke out again!

BTW, you did send me some Super Skunk seeds but only a few and I didn't want to risk losing them to extreme temps so I'll be popping them in the fall. There were plenty of the GSCx seeds so I didn't mind risking those to run now. You also sent some Lavender and I tried popping a few but they damped out so I will be trying those again in the fall too when the weather is more favorable.

NOTE TO SELF: Day 35 here for the first round, out of the 5 new GSCx seedlings, two were males, one with variegated leaf I kept and the other chopped. Three are females all broader looking leaves than the first one so probably a different pheno/father, I'll be taking clones from those this week. I defoliated the others a lot to help out with humidity, it's been really high lately(95% outside, 70% in the building the cabinet is in) but it rains almost every day. My cab is lit from 8pm to 8am since it's cooler ambient at night and my cab runs mid 90s lights off daytime and low-mid 80s lights on night time. I flushed the reservoir and added ~200 ppm of KoolBloom for the first time earlier this week. Two more GSCx GREEN clones went in today marked #4 DAY ONE. I am up to 13 plants in flower now. The males I put in the woods outside died but the taller one dropped pollen on GSCx GREEN and bagseed plant BLUE before I moved them so there will be a few sees but not like planned, that's why I kept the new variegated male. The two bagseed females I took outside are barely hanging on, they went from feeding 4x daily to once every other day or so when I can sneak out there, not good for small coco pots... There was a mild mildew issue in my clone dome but it only affected the bagseed plant ORANGE clones so I may be dropping that one from the lineup next round unless it is super-duper spectacular bud. Camera issues should be worked out soon and I will update with pics to bring the thread current.

Sorry to disturb here, i've read the beginning but not the whole thread.

I'm planning to build a led panel, and i wonder where do you take the 12V from to plug the fan ? From a driver ?

Sorry again, thanks ...

Dion

Sorry to disturb here, i've read the beginning but not the whole thread.

I'm planning to build a led panel, and i wonder where do you take the 12V from to plug the fan ? From a driver ?

Sorry again, thanks ...

cell phone charger is fine usually about 5v

or you can buy special ac-dc adaptors-some with adjustable voltage

check out the pc fan thread in the micro grow section

if u need help with parts step into the led faq thread linked below

cell phone charger is fine usually about 5v

or you can buy special ac-dc adaptors-some with adjustable voltage

check out the pc fan thread in the micro grow section

if u need help with parts step into the led faq thread linked below

Thank you Dion,

i used the links you gave in this thread to aliexpress, and i think i will buy drivers and CXA3070 cold and warm white to go on heat sinks i can buy per meter, 4 cob's per meter, but i have to use a fan or 2 fans because i want to drive them at 40 or 50 watts.

Dion

Thank you Dion,

i used the links you gave in this thread to aliexpress, and i think i will buy drivers and CXA3070 cold and warm white to go on heat sinks i can buy per meter, 4 cob's per meter, but i have to use a fan or 2 fans because i want to drive them at 40 or 50 watts.

the cxa has dropped in price lately- because of the cxb

check out the cxb3070 from digi key

the cxa has dropped in price lately- because of the cxb

check out the cxb3070 from digi key

The CXB is the same price on digikey than the CXA on aliexpress !

The CXB are more efficient ?

I can't find COB's holder, have you got a link on digikey or aliepress ?
Do you pay taxes when you receive from china ?

Dion

The CXB is the same price on digikey than the CXA on aliexpress !

The CXB are more efficient ?

I can't find COB's holder, have you got a link on digikey or aliepress ?
Do you pay taxes when you receive from china ?

cxb are more efficient yes
i got my cob holder locally-got lucky
u shoudl order off digikey and you can get a holder there i think
i dont pay taxes because i think its over 100 euro that they start charging

Is the thermal glue strong enough to stick a driver on a flat part of a heat sink (over it)?

u dont need to do this

lets move this discussiong into the faq thread-this is the dopests thread for his build/grow

@dopest
on a side note im stuck in europe for at least another 9 months so will stil be hanging around

Last edited: