What's new

15,000 watts and a few questions. Suggestions?

M

monkeysee

Sorry, I got carried away with the other BS on this thread and didn't even see your posts about the sick plants, Thaniel.

It looks like you might have some light bleaching, but you can also clearly see a Mg deficiency. Epsom salts or more Cal-Mag+ (I'm unfamiliar with PBP Bloom)?

(And no, Rednick, it takes auxiliary equipment, which happens to also require electricity, to run a grow... besides just lights. If you ran only 150A to run a 24-light show, you are clearly the idiot. Why would any non-grower future tenant need to know about 150A of unused wire? They don't. Again, you prove yourself to be the winner in the idiot's race.

Now, stop pretending. You and I both know why you hate, and it has nothing to do with your care for the well-being or "safety" of future tenants.)

Thaniel

Okay I really improved the spacing situation. Its now about 15 by 14 and a half feet, which comes out to about 68 watts per foot. I'm happy with the way it looks now.

The real issue has to do with the yellowing that I'm starting to experience. I think part of the problem was that the light was too intense, as the very tops of many of the buds is bleached. No question about that. So, I've raised the lights. I also just flushed for the past day, and added new nutrient mix. I'm at 15ml/gal pure blend pro plus I upped the cal mag to 4mL/gal. PH just under 6.0 at the momentThe water that I am using is tap, less than 100PPM out of the faucet. . Maybe I should add a bit more of the pure blend? I'll give it a day or two to see if the situation improves.

Hows it look for spacing?

Attachments

• IMG_3820.JPG
    IMG_3820.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 8

Thaniel

YELLOW!

YELLOW!

Again, thanks for the replies with advice and help!!

The last 2 photos here show the yellowing issue...

Also, I haven't changed the feeding at all since I started bloom, other than the first 10 days or so I was using half pbp GROW and half pbp BLOOM. I just now upped the CAL mag to 4 per gallon instead of the 2.5 that I had been using before.

And a note about the PH, It has been rising a bit daily.... Nothing too drastic however...

Attachments

• IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3828.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
M

monkeysee

The pictures in the last post show the problem much better, and it looks to me like classic light bleaching. Your lights may have been raised high enough "normally", but with that much WPSF I would think your plants saw much more intense than normal light at that hood height. You probably instantly increased your yield expectations a little by spreading those plants out.

I see a little P deficiency, nothing spectacular to worry about, but they can use more food with that much light & CO2, especially Mg (which is used in photosynthesis).

wizberry

hello...yellow

hello...yellow

So I mentioned that now is the time that I usually begin to have problems. I can already see it coming. A few of the plants appear to be getting slightly yellow. It is greener near the bud, and a bit yellow out on the leaves. I would say that it seems like a nitrogen deficiency, but in the past when I have then upped the N, it gets worse.

My EC is about 1.5, and PH between 5.8 and 6.2. I have been having to add 20-25 gallons daily. Each time I mix I use about 2.5mL/gal cal mag, plus 15mL/gal of pure blend pro bloom hydro formula. About once a week I drain the system, add fresh PHed water, and run for 24 hours. I then drain again, and refill with water with nutrient mix. Maybe something has built up a bit, it's been 9 days since my last flush. I'm going to drain and flush tomorrow

Hey Thaniel, I'm SO blown away I'm embarassed...REALLY nice attention to detail. Are you sure you're a beginner? It's ok, I've been a beginner for YEARS, hehe. You got balls, I will say, and more importantly you've got 15 LITES! OMG...I'm depressed, I mean impressed:) The only thing you've mentioned that's just a little tiny bit different is that you flush 24 hours straight every week in RDWC? Whoa nelly...u da man:D

BTW, just coincidentally, I just read an interesting post about flushing from someone I respect as an experienced grower (jmansweed)

Flushing with pH balanced water...dilutes these salts and lowers the overall ppm count within the medium. The plant will continue it's normal uptake but the solution is so diluted that deficiencies will occur. In turn, the plant draws nutrients from fan leaves and distributes them as needed. This process will eventually lower nutrient content within the plant material itself and create better tasting, smoother smoke.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?50463-Nute-Study

Just a minor indicator? Maybe that loooong flushing might be slightly screwing with the H20 flow, normally from a lower EC nute solution to higher EC plant tissues, so the plant stays erect. Osmosis & turgor, right? Flushing so long & often mite be diluting the plants internal "EC" which is supposed to be higher concentration than nutes. So increasing nute EC by adding N make the imbalance worse? A symptom of this could be the upturned leaf margins in ur pics as plant tries to conserve water?

Just a minor indicator tho...not a real serious prob IMHO cuz leaves are gonna yellow & die anyways. I'd just aim for stable ppms, no more dramatic shifts. It's a beautiful gro so far...gorgeous canopy. I luv ur garden... :)

Thaniel

Monkeysee, yup, I think, and hope, that is the case. Things will hopefully improve in the next few days. Thanks!

Thaniel

WB- That makes sense, I guess I won't be flushing like that anymore... Anyway, we're back to a fresh batch. Higher cal mag, a bit more pbp, we'll see what happens.

Also, these photos are from very low leaves on the plants. I guess I usually just ignore these when they are from low branches and fall off an die, but maybe it is an indicator...

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 10
M

monkeysee

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to (the P def.), from the lower leaves. (And yes, that is the indicator!)

I clearly remember (incorrectly) thinking that it was a N def. when I had 'em like that.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I'm at 15ml/gal pure blend pro plus I upped the cal mag to 4mL/gal.

There is your problem. The only time the label calls for 15ml of Bloom is in the transistion, with 15ml of Grow, to total 30ml/gal of nutes.
The label on my PBP states 30ml/gal for flowering, 45ml/gal for AGRESSIVE fruiting/flowering. You look like you are in the Agressive stage by now, probably a month into flower, yeah? Plus I also supplement that with compost tea.

I would be careful using too much Cal-Mag, because that doesn't seem to be the problem. Many of the snake oils are touted as fix-alls, but really they just mask other problems or make them worse.

Don't worry about the bottom leaves yellowing and falling off, on your last month of flower that will steadily happen as they suck all the N and other nutrients from the leaves. It can be a great thing for the taste of the final product. I had some shit that flushed sooo long the leaves turned gold, black and purple (had some low temps and it was a kush), best tasting shit of that strain among all my friends.

In conclusion, your bloom solution may be a little weak.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i agree, from the looks of the leaves looked like a def in P and a little bit in K, and btw good move raising the lights you'll see even with that much wattage when you raise the lights the plants dont slow down because now instead of having one light real close , now they have 2-3 lights a bit farther away that are cross beaming light, so it eaquals out to about the same amount of light, if not a bit better imo, but all this i said has nothing to do with spreading plants apart, just raising the lights

M

monkeysee

Wrong advice as usual, Rednick. As unfamiliar as I am with PBP, I do know that it's very low in Ca/Mg and oftentimes requires it particularly in bloom. And especially in sealed rooms with CO2 enrichment / lots of light, you can easily run into Mg deficiencies.

Also, giving advice based on nute bottle "label directions" is, for the most part, horrible.

Go read a book, or a nute company feeding chart, or something. I'm sure those things teach you everything you need to know. Not all leaf yellowing is from a N deficiency, but you wouldn't know that 'cuz most books don't tell you that.

Rednick

Veteran
Wrong advice as usual, Rednick. As unfamiliar as I am with PBP, I do know that it's very low in Ca/Mg and oftentimes requires it particularly in bloom. And especially in sealed rooms with CO2 enrichment / lots of light, you can easily run into Mg deficiencies.

Also, giving advice based on nute bottle "label directions" is, for the most part, horrible.

Go read a book, or a nute company feeding chart, or something. I'm sure those things teach you everything you need to know. Not all leaf yellowing is from a N deficiency, but you wouldn't know that 'cuz most books don't tell you that.

As usual, when someone disagrees with Grow Nerd, they are immediately wrong.

Go ahead Thaniel, do everythig Grow Nerd tells you to. Afterall he knows so much about growing, and is so successful at it, he can't even afford to hire an electrician.

It is your garden Thaniel, just trying to throw some different ideas out there. Because I use a lot more bloom than you.

Oh, btw Grow Nerd. I use PBP, so go fuck yourself yet again. Sit on your hand until it goes numb, then give yourself a stranger.

PBP Bloom:
N 2.0%
P 3.0%
K 5.0%
Ca 1.0%
Mg 0.5%

For a micronutrient, it doesn't seem too low in Mg to me. Certain strains use more Mg than other, I have a Sour Deisel that needs the extra Mg.
But most the time, it is deficiency/abundance of your MACRO nutrients that causes people problems.
Perhaps Grow Nerd would care to Quantify what constitutes being low in Mg.

M

monkeysee

Sure "low in Mg" means "lower than required amounts to keep healthy plants." And/or maybe, "lower than most other base nutrient programs". Go ahead and punch the numbers into a calculator, and see for yourself. Or you can just keep resisting and struggling, keep going opposite of what I say just because you're my #1 fan. You will surely get excellent results doing everything wrong.

See, it's not that you're immediately and instantaneously wrong if/when you disagree with me. It's just that, I happen to have good, correct info an extremely high percentage of the time. How does that happen? Is it because I'm holier than thou? No, it's just that I don't adamantly state facts that don't exist, I don't argue non-existing points, I try to speak on things I feel I have a strong(er) understanding of. I try my best to not go blabbering about things I have no understanding of, and I try my best to do my homework.

Try it for once, you might actually find yourself making sense, actually adding to the forums, and perhaps gaining respect from folks who really know what's going on. I'm not here to make friends with clueless, stubborn assholes with nothing to offer; I'm here to talk shop and discuss topics with like-minded adults and maybe meet someone cool along the way if it so happens. So don't feel hurt or take it personally if I'm not "nice" to you.

toohighmf

Veteran
can't you just come back as grow nerd, so people who like you will listen, and those who don't, won't. it's getting hard to keep up who to block..

M

monkeysee

toohighmf, you've proven yourself "wrong" just about every single time on just about every topic that you felt so strongly that you were "right" about. Why are you interested in blocking me? So you can stay ignorant?

I guess I'll just stop posting useful info, since you love to be wrong so much. I would hate to take that pleasure away from you. As you say, you're fuckin IN, I'm fuckin OUT!

Thaniel, I think your plants need some cyanide & gasoline. I'm told they're the best bloom boosters and will wipe out the yellow.

Rednick

Veteran
You have Qualified low in Mg...
But you have not Quantified low in Mg, Grow Nerd.

If you need a dictionary, there are plenty of free ones on the Internet.

Edit: Is all this hostility because I said I hoped you burned down along with the house? Well, I am still hoping for that.

Latest posts

Latest posts