What's new

15,000 watts and a few questions. Suggestions?

toohighmf

Veteran
If your room is 100% sealed, and you lost 0 room air, why would it be impossible? I believe you may have a leak, joe. i flipped at 16''. oh yeah and I played my sonic bloom cd to assist opening stoma and suck the co2 right up lol. http://www.sonicbloom.com

A healthy plant regardless is more resistant to anything. bubba kush is not pm resistant or mold resistant by any means, but in the right enviro, fed properly, their bullet proof.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
If your room is 100% sealed, and you lost 0 room air, why would it be impossible? I believe you may have a leak, joe. i flipped at 16''. oh yeah and I played my sonic bloom cd to assist opening stoma and suck the co2 right up lol. http://www.sonicbloom.com

A healthy plant regardless is more resistant to anything. bubba kush is not pm resistant or mold resistant by any means, but in the right enviro, fed properly, their bullet proof.

lol, they may dodge a few bullets, but not bullet proof, but i do under stand what your saying, all i was saying is that theres a lot of factors that dial in to the equation

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
but as for the leak im sure there isnt any, i personally sealed the room, panda film om the ceilling and walls, on the floor is elastomeric paint(grey, plants dont like light from under their leaves, thats why its grey), i used the red plastic tape made for sealing stuff air tight

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
nope, only when i close it, lol, but seriously yes it closes properly, and just to be sure i got insulating foam tape all around the door frame, and expanding foam in ALL the nooks and cranies

G

grow nerd

If you don't have any noticeable pressure differences, you can easily tell how much CO2 is escaping your room by looking at the sniffer reading and seeing how far it drops down to, just before lights-on.

I've seen plenty of rooms that get set to 1500ppm and keep >1350ppm 'til lights-on. (I've also seen plenty that'll get near ambient levels within half an hour primarily due to A/C.)

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i dont exhaust my room at all but i do know that my co2 ppm stays above 800 all through the night till lights on, but i keep the door open at night to circulate the air to the dehuey and the rest of the basment to try to drop the RH

toohighmf

Veteran
nope, only when i close it, lol, but seriously yes it closes properly, and just to be sure i got insulating foam tape all around the door frame, and expanding foam in ALL the nooks and cranies

I never built a CEA grow that didn't try to shut the door on me, and I'm not gonna tell you your shit's not sealed. :tiphat: You would know much better than I.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ha just found a leak on my co2 regulator in the bigger room, i just checked the room and it was out of co2 so i went to get a new bottle and upon screwing in i heard the pssssssssss. so i checked with a spray bottle and fou a leak, i removed the piece and properly lut some teflon tape and put it back in, now its all good and well see the diff im sure, that room is twice the size of my other room and its been running out sooner which i thaught was normal but not at that rate, now im gonna see the diff

L

lid

As soon as outside temps get a bit warmer, I'm going to have to hook this thing up. Anyone ever used one of these before? I've always hated portable AC's, but I think this is a beast. We'll see. I got it real cheap.

Yup. used them at work before. They do a good job but i think split a/c will be better.

G

grow nerd

If your door is being sucked shut, your room is not completely / properly sealed. It means that there is a fan or something else sucking out air from the room and causing that negative pressure. You do not want negative pressure in a sealed room, that's for fresh air rooms. You better hope that fan's intake is filtered.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
no he prolly has it on springs or a hydrolic door closer you see on doors at malls and places like walmart and stuff

toohighmf

Veteran
If the door gets pushed shut, you have a pressurized room. if the mylar gets sucked to the walls when the door is shut. your room is sealed

G

grow nerd

toohighmf, as usual you are highly confused. In a correctly & properly sealed room, you should have neither negative nor positive pressure in the room as no air should be exchanged. How do you think the pressure is being built, or removed?

Try turning your window A/C and your light-cooling fans off, and see if there is still a pressure difference. See what I mean? Better get to fixin' before you stink up the neighborhood. Just 'cuz you & I chronic stoners can't smell it doesn't mean John next door can't.

You really need to get off that couch and ditch that window A/C, replace it with a ductless split unit.

G

grow nerd

I would rather have positive pressure in CEA than neg pressure.
I would rather not have any pressure differential at all.

Oh, wait, there aren't any.

But to be clear, I (and you should, too) would much rather have negative pressure in an improperly configured CEA room than a positive, because the negative pressure smell issue can be taken care of most of the time by filtering the intake on the exhaust equipment. On a positive pressure, it's just leaking through every random hole / crack / seam / whatever.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
but I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees. I really have to just get in there, get after it, you know? I get all up in between them. When I'm crawling around on the inside, it feels like I'm in a jungle. Which isn't too far from the truth. So, I come up from under that shit, and just get after it, you get the idea?

That's the line Jenna Jameson used to get her first starring role.

Latest posts

Latest posts