What's new

126x3w LED tent grow

oneshot

I'm out of bud and I think I am going to test sample one of my own tonight. Guess I'll try the microwave method with a vaporizer.

EDIT: Tiny tiny nug dried in microwave. Got me ripped. This is going to be a good harvest!

oneshot

If it was my grow, I'd give them another week or so (from monday), ie 9 weeks, then decide.

I gave them all a good scoping. Spent about 5 minutes per cola and they are all cloudy with some of them being fairly amber.

I have shut the lights off and they are going to be in the dark till around 3pm Saturday.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gave them all a good scoping. Spent about 5 minutes per cola and they are all cloudy with some of them being fairly amber.

I have shut the lights off and they are going to be in the dark till around 3pm Saturday.

I don't scope trichs myself. I try to look at the plant/buds as a whole.

What I see is lots of white hairs and a lot of calyxes that are not swollen and are not ripe/mature, so myself, I wouldn't pick it at this point.

Letting the plant go another week is going to let those calyxes swell up, ie add weight/bulk and increase yield and I really don't think you are gonna see all those 'cloudy' trichs turn amber.

I don't put a lot of stock in 'amber' trichs, especially at 8 weeks. I believe a lot of those 'amber' trichs are actually physical damage to the trich causing them to oxidize, ie turn 'amber'.

That damage is usually caused by the grower touching the buds and a lot of growers really like to touch their buds. The other damage that you see a lot in micro grows is unintentional bruising/touching while watering/moving/training, but it still causes oxidation of the trichs, ie 'amber trichs'

SATURDAY!

SATURDAY!

Can't wait to see what yer chop looks like! you going to post a wet weight so we can all guess at what dry will be? Ether way I'll be watching! :woohoo:

oneshot

Good news: Harvest is done.

Bad news: Most of my plants hermied like I thought was happening :( Waiting till they are dry to see how many actual seeds were produced on them and see which ones didn't. I already pulled about 13 GDP seeds out while trimming. On the bright side, I might be donating some GDP beans to the server fund. Overall pretty disappointing results :(

I'm exhausted right now, gonna go get some food and zone out. Harvesting/trimming is long/hard work!

I didn't weigh it wet unfortunately.

T

trem0lo

Hey man, sorry to hear about the hermies. What do you think caused it?

Regardless looks like a great harvest. Bud is bud, right? Let us know how much you end up when it dries.

oneshot

I think it could be a couple things.

1) the eShine light doesn't actually shut off all the way. I discovered this last night investigating the cause. Will post pics tonight (edit: NOT the cause. Verified this was not happening while it was in the tent)
2) fan blowing directly on the plants constantly
3) possible light leaks? Stress from supercropping?

Don't really know :( I think they are dry enough to jar them now.

Last edited:
I also am sorry to hear about the bananas :comfort: does it look like just the GDP turned? could be some good seeds if they went long enough to mature. never herd of those lights not turning off all the way would be interested to see what ya mean, But that does sound like the cause of hermies..
Did ya get enough trim to experiment with? hope so!:woohoo: