What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126W Penatrator 1st GEN LED Bloom: Grow Cabinet

Gravity, and Liquid KoolBloom should really not be compared. The Gravity is a Flower Hardener/Finisher, where as the Liquid KoolBloom is a Flower Booster/Ripener, a performance booster, and yes BOTH are boosters, but KoolBloom is used the WHOLE grow. It just acts as ur catalyst! The Gravity of course is gonna do more of the punching, cause that's it's purpose. I wouldn't use Gravity in Liquid Koolbloom's place, as I would Big Bud or Dutch Master Max. U comparing 2 products that don't do the EXACT same thing. if u wanna compare KoolBloom to something I would to the one's I mentioned. I USE BOTH IN MY GARDEN! Here I said I didn't wanna jack ur thread but I wanna list all my ingredients, so u don't take me wrong, as I'm just talkin with no experience. All of this stuff is used at the RIGHT times of the plants life cycle. NOT BEING USED ALL AT ONCE! All I'm tryin to say is, OF COURSE Gravity is gonna give more weight. I use Liquid KoolBloom thru out my flowering also, then after I apply Gravity, I then follow with 2 weeks of AN Overdrive, for MORE bulking!:biggrin: NOT TO FORGET MY CARBOHYDRATES...... EVEN FATTER BUDS!

Dutch Master Gold Grow A & B(2 Part Nutrient)
Dutch
Master Gold Grow MAX(Performance Supplement)
Dutch Master Gold Flower A & B(2 Part Nutrient)
Dutch Master Gold Flower MAX(Performance Supplement)
Dutch Master Silica(Specialty Nutrient)
Dutch Master Zone(Root Zone Conditioner)
General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus(Organic Supplement)
General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom(Bulking/Ripening Supplement)
Humboldt County's Own Snow Storm Ultra(Crystallizer)
Humboldt County's Own Gravity(Flower Hardener)

Advanced Nutrient Bud Candy(CarboLoad/Sweet Leaf) New product from AN
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive(Flower Enhancer)
Advanced Nutrient Final Phase(Flushing Solution)

Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
Botanicare Sweet(Berry & Grape)
Botanicare Clearex
Fulvic Acid
Hygrozyme

I

irishboy

Gravity, and Liquid KoolBloom should really not be compared. The Gravity is a Flower Hardener/Finisher, where as the Liquid KoolBloom is a Flower Booster/Ripener, a performance booster, and yes BOTH are boosters, but KoolBloom is used the WHOLE grow. It just acts as ur catalyst! The Gravity of course is gonna do more of the punching, cause that's it's purpose. I wouldn't use Gravity in Liquid Koolbloom's place, as I would Big Bud or Dutch Master Max. U comparing 2 products that don't do the EXACT same thing. if u wanna compare KoolBloom to something I would to the one's I mentioned. I USE BOTH IN MY GARDEN! Here I said I didn't wanna jack ur thread but I wanna list all my ingredients, so u don't take me wrong, as I'm just talkin with no experience. All of this stuff is used at the RIGHT times of the plants life cycle. NOT BEING USED ALL AT ONCE! All I'm tryin to say is, OF COURSE Gravity is gonna give more weight. I use Liquid KoolBloom thru out my flowering also, then after I apply Gravity, I then follow with 2 weeks of AN Overdrive, for MORE bulking!:biggrin: NOT TO FORGET MY CARBOHYDRATES...... EVEN FATTER BUDS!

Dutch Master Gold Grow A & B(2 Part Nutrient)
Dutch
Master Gold Grow MAX(Performance Supplement)
Dutch Master Gold Flower A & B(2 Part Nutrient)
Dutch Master Gold Flower MAX(Performance Supplement)
Dutch Master Silica(Specialty Nutrient)
Dutch Master Zone(Root Zone Conditioner)
General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus(Organic Supplement)
General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom(Bulking/Ripening Supplement)
Humboldt County's Own Snow Storm Ultra(Crystallizer)
Humboldt County's Own Gravity(Flower Hardener)

Advanced Nutrient Bud Candy(CarboLoad/Sweet Leaf) New product from AN
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive(Flower Enhancer)
Advanced Nutrient Final Phase(Flushing Solution)

Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
Botanicare Sweet(Berry & Grape)
Botanicare Clearex
Fulvic Acid
Hygrozyme

depends if using liquid kool bloom or the powder fourm. the powder kool bloom is used the last few weeks. plus u can get the same stuff with a $2.00 bottle of molasses

MeanBean

I don't mind you posting the info, but can I get more?

I need to see your feeding chart so I can see ho much of whjat to add when. That's alot of shit though, is it really worth it? like how much more bud compared to just base nutes??

i am sorry i made a typo. i ment .5tsp. for 3 watering. good catch bro. +rep
it takes 2 weeks for this stuff to work to its full potential. i dont know about hydro just saying for soil it works great this way.
Dude I didn't even see that u corrected urself. Dude + rep for being honest about mistakes.:biggrin: Now that u corrected that I will say...... UR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO APPLY!:biggrin: in soil. I would even do 1 tsp/5mL per g. for 2 watering, but .5tsp/2.5mL per g. for 3 watering would be safe.

I

irishboy

molasses in hydro?

it can be done, i am not to good at the hydro thing but believe u have to boil the molasses in water before you put it in ur resvior.

dude you want to keep it simple with hydro use the Lucas formula you will get great results every time. ill put money on it. and its very cheap to buy.

molasses in hydro?
NEVER!!!!!!!!!! LOL. MeanBean means good by his advice, but I'm DEFINITE he grows in soil, and that's sorta confusing u. NO MOLASSES IN HYDRO! That's why they make Carbohydrate products, like Sweet Leaf(no longer in USA), Bud Candy, FloraNectar, Sugar Daddy. There are others, but Botanicare Sweet doesn't have Molasses or Raw Sugar like the products I mentioned have. So I would recommend using Bud Candy(which I HIGHLY recommend. It fattens ur buds, adds MAD crystals, and makes ur bud even yummier. Plus it has a bunch of different vitamins in it! Check it out!), or one of the other "sweeteners" I mentioned

MeanBean

Well I'm gonna save the gravity for the next grow. Gotta see how much bigger my buds are from having no add-in nutes. I am about to complete a pretty good comparison.

I don't want to keep adding koolbloom if it's only helping a little. Ill put the $40 per grow elsewhere.

I

irishboy

Well I'm gonna save the gravity for the next grow. Gotta see how much bigger my buds are from having no add-in nutes. I am about to complete a pretty good comparison.

I don't want to keep adding koolbloom if it's only helping a little. Ill put the $40 per grow elsewhere.

you can use molasseses in hydro just depending on what kind of hydro. my friend uses it in DWC and has no problems with his air stones. as long as you boil it with water first. look around the web and you will find all kinds of info on molasses in hydro. it one of those things some say it works and some say it dosent. but my friend dose it with no problems in DWC. i am not saying it will work for you just saying it can be done.

but i am telling you the luaus formula is the best for hydro. look around and you will see. some of the biggest plants i have seen in hydro use lucas formula.

Dude if u still have 3 weeks left in ur grow..... Add that Gravity in there. I am guaranteeing u'll get bigger buds. Even if u have no other plant to do a side by side test. Ur res i small as hell, so u won't be using much of the product. With a res that size, u'll have it for a while. I've used it on 3 different 5 gallon(buckets) res twice on my last grow, and applied it to 7 soil containers(3-3 gallon, and 4-5 gallon), and I still got more than 1/2 the bottle left. I've had it for 1/2 a year now. The KoolBloom and Gravity aren't the same thing. So don't think ur throwin ur money away cause u used both.It'll get u bigger nugs dude.... TRUST! All I'm sayin is add 1/2 tsp per gallon, and run it for 10-12 days. u'll see the difference in ur pistils goin crazy! NOT TRYING TO PRESSURE U!. It's just u got the stuff in ur hands, why not use it? U won't be sorry, that's for sure, as long as u don't over do it!

MeanBean

OK You Convinced ME

I Guess I can just buy more lol!!

Sooo , I got a 15 Gal tank, that’s all the water they needs per week. So how many ML should I add to 15 Gallons? I should start next week? End of 4th week?

guess I could read back the directions but hey since were bs'in about it.

I

irishboy

Dude if u still have 3 weeks left in ur grow..... Add that Gravity in there. I am guaranteeing u'll get bigger buds. Even if u have no other plant to do a side by side test. Ur res i small as hell, so u won't be using much of the product. With a res that size, u'll have it for a while. I've used it on 3 different 5 gallon(buckets) res twice on my last grow, and applied it to 7 soil containers(3-3 gallon, and 4-5 gallon), and I still got more than 1/2 the bottle left. I've had it for 1/2 a year now. The KoolBloom and Gravity aren't the same thing. So don't think ur throwin ur money away cause u used both.It'll get u bigger nugs dude.... TRUST! All I'm sayin is add 1/2 tsp per gallon, and run it for 10-12 days. u'll see the difference in ur pistils goin crazy! NOT TRYING TO PRESSURE U!. It's just u got the stuff in ur hands, why not use it? U won't be sorry, that's for sure, as long as u don't over do it!

very true if you have it use it untill its gone then try somthing els if u need. the only way to find out is threw trial and err.

you can use molasseses in hydro just depending on what kind of hydro. my friend uses it in DWC and has no problems with his air stones. as long as you boil it with water first. look around the web and you will find all kinds of info on molasses in hydro. it one of those things some say it works and some say it dosent. but my friend dose it with no problems in DWC. i am not saying it will work for you just saying it can be done.

but i am telling you the luaus formula is the best for hydro. look around and you will see. some of the biggest plants i have seen in hydro use lucas formula.
Honestly I've seen big grows using ALL formulas. Nute companies or custom recipes. And have ALL had great success. U have to take a lot into consideration. Media, temp, etc..... That all makes for a great end result. People swear up and down by the Lucas formula, but I see people using 1000's of supplements, and it shows in their bud sizes! Nothin a Lucas formula grow could touch. Was it the NUTES?????? or the strain??????? I use Dutch Master, and I'm ready/ HAVE BEEN READY to switch. Not happy with it..... BUT!!!!! I can give u links to grow journals where people are using JUST the DM base(a&b) and gettin better results than using the whole DM line as they say to use! And their girls are AMAZING, nothing I can replicate. So it's beyond the right nutes. I know people who use products that all DIFFER from different nute companies. They might use a GH base, and AN, Botanicare, and etc supplements. And get the BEST results I've ever seen. How do u think I got all my stuff/recipe. Just buying stuff I didn't know wat it was??? LMAO!:booked:
But seriously, my recipe is an imitation of another local grower around my way. And to be quite honest, I don't even have 1/2 the stuff he uses. I just got wat I thought would be best. He also adds Kelp, and Humic Acid, SuperThrive, Big Bud AND Bud Blood, H202(35% food grade)and a bunch of other stuff along with ALL the stuff I listed. That's why it's a little annoying when people say KISS. I've seen this dude's grow. HELL he supplies my whole area! And I only wish my nugs came out like his. And I've got some tasty nugs now! What I'm sayin is he DOES NOT KISS, and it shows in his final product. I mean he's pushing 6-8 OZ's of 1 plant and they're clippings, not straight from seeds. That's why I believe in tryin things out 4 urself!

OK You Convinced ME

I Guess I can just buy more lol!!

Sooo , I got a 15 Gal tank, that’s all the water they needs per week. So how many ML should I add to 15 Gallons? I should start next week? End of 4th week?

guess I could read back the directions but hey since were bs'in about it.
Depending on how long u wanna run it. for the 12 days I would do 1/2tsp/2.5mL per gallon.(I don't know if u change ur res weekly, but I did) If ur gonna do only 1 application for 1 week I would do 1 tsp/5mL. If ur not gonna change ur res, but wanna run it longer, I would run 3/4 tsp/1/2 tbs/7.5mL per gallon for the whole 12 days. And I would go ahead and apply on next feeding. Start with 2.5mL just to be safe bro. U'll see that the Gravity seems to start pullin stored energy from ur leaves, don't be worried, ur buds will keep getting fatter.

MeanBean

OK I change my nutrients on the weekends, once a week. That will mark the end of the 4th week.

I got 4 weeks left, last once will be for flush.

So, I guess that’s three applications at 15 gallons, never needs topping.

week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week8: Water only

What ML per Gallon should I do these three weeks? I imagine it would be different each week but what should I start with this weekend?

Am I going 1/2 nutes, 1/3, nutes or none for these weeks???

Also your saying I shouln't use the snow? When should I be applying that?

Thanks for the help!

OK I change my nutrients on the weekends, once a week. That will mark the end of the 4th week.
Perfect, just like I do:smokeit:!
I got 4 weeks left, last once will be for flush.
So u tech got 3 left, as I put it!
So, I guess that’s three applications at 15 gallons, never needs topping.

week 5: Apply Gravity @ 1/2 tsp if with nutes, apply 3/4 tsp w/o nutes.
Week 6: Same as above
Week 7: Back to reg feeding,
Week8: Water only

What ML per Gallon should I do these three weeks? I imagine it would be different each week but what should I start with this weekend? No u do same application both feedings. DO NOT do it for 3 weeks, bro. 12-14 days will suffice.

Am I going 1/2 nutes, 1/3, nutes or none for these weeks???
I would do 1/4 nutes-1/2 nutes. NO MORE!
Also your saying I shouln't use the snow? When should I be applying that? I personally think the Snow isn't anything great. If ur wanting to do a test......... That's wat I would do the test with. Let's put it this way. My local Hydroponic Store hands out Freebies of Snow ALL DAY! they have a shit load of free sample of different stuff in the back they won't give out(I get it because I'm cool with 1 of the dudes there. He always tells me not to say anything to the other workers, cause he'll get in trouble). BUT Snow Storm Ultra, they give away like hot cakes! So that shows me right there that it's a hit or miss! Check this out. The company that makes the product doesn't even market it. Look on their website. They also make Bushmaster, and Purple Maxx. All their products are pretty pricey! At least $30 EXCEPT for Snow Storm Ultra, at a mere $10-$12. Wat do u think????????

Thanks for the help!
Invest in some Sweeteners, like Bud Candy, or FloraNectar. Bud Candy will do SO MUCH for u. With bud size, and Crystallization, ETC!!!! Well off to work to make $$$$$ so I can support my girls:biggrin:! Hope I helped. Peace.

MeanBean

311, I messed up man! I ment I only have 3 weeks left!!! sory but can you give me your outlook again with the right amount of weeks!!!

This sat is the end of week 5!!!!!! Please let me know by then!!! Irish hows this look to you man?

This is my plan what you think?

Week 6: Apply Gravity @ 1/2 tsp per gallon : with 1/4 strenghth nutes

Week 7: apply 3/4 tsp per gallon w/o nutes.

Week8: Just water.

LEDGirl

Veteran
NEVER!!!!!!!!!! LOL. MeanBean means good by his advice, but I'm DEFINITE he grows in soil, and that's sorta confusing u. NO MOLASSES IN HYDRO! That's why they make Carbohydrate products, like Sweet Leaf(no longer in USA), Bud Candy, FloraNectar, Sugar Daddy. There are others, but Botanicare Sweet doesn't have Molasses or Raw Sugar like the products I mentioned have. So I would recommend using Bud Candy(which I HIGHLY recommend. It fattens ur buds, adds MAD crystals, and makes ur bud even yummier. Plus it has a bunch of different vitamins in it! Check it out!), or one of the other "sweeteners" I mentioned

Bud Candy is great (have some myself), but Molasses is also fine to use in Hydro, so long as you use it sparingly. Otherwise it can clog your sprinklers and overload your roots turning them brown... I only say this because I've used thick molasses in hydro myself, and it did just fine when I only ran it around 1/2 strength. Either way though, a product like Bud Candy with all of the extra vitamins/nutrients, would likely be the better choice ;)

MeanBean

SO wouldent the Bud Candy be replacing my koolbloom? I thought gravity was a hardner and was somthing diffrent than avitamins/nutrients boost.

I will def consider giving it a try.

WizeWizo

Bud Candy is great (have some myself), but Molasses is also fine to use in Hydro, so long as you use it sparingly. Otherwise it can clog your sprinklers and overload your roots turning them brown... I only say this because I've used thick molasses in hydro myself, and it did just fine when I only ran it around 1/2 strength. Either way though, a product like Bud Candy with all of the extra vitamins/nutrients, would likely be the better choice ;)

Ok, so I had never used molasses in my hydro units and heard great reviews about the stuff. So I gave it a go. I used 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, everything looked great for the first week. In fact plants looked incredible! Weekly reservoir change came around, swapped nutes, added 1/2 teaspoon of molasses once again. Next day I had this nasty thick ooze comin out from the bottom of my buckets covering the roots. Within 24 hours I had lost 2/3 of my crop. Never had lost a plant before that. Then blickity blam lost 2 out of my 3 bushes for that run. Thank goodness the 1 made it threw, as we all have to pay bills... ya know.... Anyways, if you do decide to give molasses a try keep a sharp eye out for nasty slime on your roots. I would recommend some other additive thats made specifically for hydroponic use.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts