What's new

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

M

medi-useA

now i feel the need to explain something...recently, i have been attacked by a member here who thinks i get everything for free, and is obviously jealous. when i joined icmag.com in late 2004, i was amazed that there was even a forum dedicated to growing our favorite plant, let alone an entire community of 'like-minded' folks here willing to share and teach...i was welcomed and i felt welcomed...

recently, there is a lot of open hostility here, and i think it stinks...i try to ignore a lot of it...i try not to argue, and i try to offer assistance when i can based on my own first hand knowledge...if something worked for me, i am happy to pass on the experience. it might help someone else.

so when member x started a thread expressing his/her dissatisfaction with male/female ratios from seeds obtained by a vendor here, i offered the following advice: start more that one or two seeds of each strain, and you will have better odds to get some females out of the grow. (i was tempted to tell him/her to buy female seeds, but i did not, as the vendor's forum the thread was started in does not offer female seeds...i felt that would not be suitable)....later on, i went back and gave member x negative rep points and justified my reason in the following manner: i did not think it was the breeder's fault that he got males instead of females, and he/she should probably apologize to the breeder for slamming him in open forum...after my post in said thread, i got two nasty PM's from member x, including lots of cursing and assumptions that i have never paid for any of the strains i've run, and/or until i pay for some seeds or equipment, i should 'keep my fucking mouth shut"...

i also posted a question to the thread starter asking him/her if everyone who posted in the thread got the same nasty PM's and visitor messages...no reply came...

until recently, i never got anything free except the freebies i was given with paid seedBay orders, many of those were passed on to my buddy to try to grow....when Dutchgrown posted up opportunities to be a tester, i 'threw my hat in the ring', and had the same chances as anyone else here who met her requirements...the same holds true with OldPink's tester offers i responded to, as well as LEDGirl's offer to test the light i am testing here...

anyone here is entitled to apply for testers when the offer is made by Administration...i am in no way some sort of whore looking for free stuff...unfortunately, that is the perception. i am truly sorry you feel this way about me...when a freebie/test is offered, and when i think i would enjoy the product, i apply like everyone else...i am not always chosen, either...

i figure we will see him/her posting in my threads soon, as now i have my own personal troll...:elf:

in closing, i would like to say thank you to all of my friends here at icmag.com for teaching me a little something along the way, and thank you to the people in charge here for offering such a place for me to hang out... i respect you all very much.

back to the test.

peace.

:fsu: Nothing but :respect:

ps; I vote the troll smiley is made permanent...so damn apt!

muA

j6p

picture.php
Looks like growth will be rapid from here. I've always noticed super tight nodes under LEDGirl 126w lights on other runs.

recently, there is a lot of open hostility here, and i think it stinks...i try to ignore a lot of it...i try not to argue, and i try to offer assistance when i can based on my own first hand knowledge...if something worked for me, i am happy to pass on the experience. it might help someone else.
Best thing is to disregard without responding, in my experience. Not worth the time and energy IMO, and responses just encourage them. I would however report them if they were jacking my thread. Just my 2 pence. Happy growing!

opt1c

Veteran
glad those seedlings are finally starting to grow; how slammed do you have the led lights on them?

as far as trolls go i don't even bother reading the pm's and just disregard the neg rep; although i've found when u call someone out for needlessly neg repping you other users give u a disproportionate amount of positive rep

I

irishboy

plants are looking good bro, things should take off now. good luck brother.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
uh hi, uh billy here uh, i know this may sound strange but uh, i dont think it is fair that only sleepy has hi own personal troll so uh, since i dont have alot going on right now, i uh am offering my services a personal troll. with me trolling you, it is almost definate that you will gain popularity by me trolling you. anyway, pm me for details. serious inquiries only.

I'm in Sleepy. I would really like to see these light kick azz.

Jealousy is awesome though! 'cause it tells its subject that he is doing something right!!

Word to the wise(and Sleepy's troll), if you are interested in getting some free stuff around here, the thing to do is show your skills, follow through on promises, photograph everything, be respectful of everybody, especially those with a lot of grow logs and esteem in these parts.

I mean, sure, it's great instinct to be a huge crybaby and to start trolling popular members when you're feeling gypped, but I'm a bit of a former PR pro, so you'll have to take my word on this "contrarian" advice.

I know that's probably a lot to remember, so just try this to start: don't be a douche.

mmmkay, vinegar and water boy...

-dTv

W

whatissixbynine

this [LCDs] is the one thing i think has a real chance of beating cmh.

Just giving the plant the EXACT bits it absorbs best :>

Hope the sailing stays smooth.

apollonio

hey sleepy, it is obvious that this dude has some issues with himself.. maybe he needs a woman. hehehe who the hell starts two seeds of a certain strain and start a thread like that? but as someone said, just ignore him.. i almost for him to buy female seeds also ahahha

the plants are getting bigger and good looking!! keep it green!

C

corkushy

keep it comein. lookin good its crazy how jelous and offensive people can be when you are just trying to help them . it would be cool if you ran two tents side by side one with the 126w LED and another with a 250w hps and have HPS/LED grow off.

Sleepy

Veteran
lil update...

went out and got a heating mat...

it goes under the tray...i did not realize this!:xmasnut:

and the plants:

they seem fine...some root tips coming through the bottom of the pots on the larger two...

the larger two have been topped...

thanks for the kind words!:thanks:

Che

Veteran
I have the same one Sleepy, I usually use a piece of tile on either end to space the tray off the mat.. or it can run too hot and dry your little ones out. They look happy!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Looking good Sleepy. Startin' to kick some ass and no name taking, just layin' down the law on them plants.

Peace!

Bunkerer

I sleepy, I like this thread you are doing a good job.
Do you have any ideas why the plant are still so small? Do you think it's because of the lack of heat?

Sleepy

Veteran
thank you for the positivity!!

thank you for the positivity!!

Che!!>>thanks for the tip, i would not have realized this!! thank you!!
mpd!
>.glad to see you! thanks!!
Bunkerer!!>>yes, i absolutely think it is from being too cold.

since installing the heating mat, temps are stable at 74 degrees!!:jump:

they are really coming around, and they look good.

pics taken earlier today:

peace!