What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

U

unthing

It might be a stupid novelty idea, but in some of cold growspace-cases the heat generated by all electronics including ledfixtures and so on could be redirected to rootspace via water etc. In small enclosed areas like closet leds can aid to heating space up too. It might have efficiency problems and be free to correct me on that.

Even with big grow-op with (tens of)thousands of watts of hps, the temps will still drop significantly when the lights turn off in 12/12 or similar cycle if ambient temps are giving you problems.

Last edited:

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
just as I suspected. LEDs are gonna make growers rethink all grow room design and methods. 68 degrees with 24 hour light!?! ridiculous. gonna have to start insulating rooms to keep the heat in and buying portable heaters.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
just as I suspected. LEDs are gonna make growers rethink all grow room design and methods. 68 degrees with 24 hour light!?! ridiculous. gonna have to start insulating rooms to keep the heat in and buying portable heaters.

I don't know any growers who like the idea of adding 1500 watt heaters to there grows. its defeating the purpose of LEDS saving energy and increasing yields.

Temps in basements are usually 60ish without lamps heating the grow.
Just sit back and watch all we can do.
I'm glad you haven't altered your grow to fit the lights rather you altered yours lights to fit the grow.

Good job sleepy

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I don't know any growers who like the idea of adding 1500 watt heaters to there grows. its defeating the purpose of LEDS saving energy and increasing yields.

Temps in basements are usually 60ish without lamps heating the grow.
Just sit back and watch all we can do.
I'm glad you haven't altered your grow to fit the lights rather you altered yours lights to fit the grow.

Good job sleepy

I bet people growing on a medium scale could get away with using like 300-500w little space heaters to heat up the area. Anything bigger than like a 12x12x7 room might get tricky to warm up. but a little ocilating heater with a temperature censor would work well.

motaloca

You just have to move to the tropics. lol
Here even with led's it gets to warm for some strains.
Has anybody noticed that after working around the led that your vision has a green tint for a couple of minutes?

To solve the problem of lack of heat you could run a gas heater which will provide heat and co2.

You know, co2, that stuff that plants breathe that the climate change believers think is warming the Earth even though it has been proven that it isn't because the Sun drives the temperature and the co2 does sweet f#ck all. ;)
[/rant about climate change religion]

Sleepy

Veteran
update...repotted.

update...repotted.

repotted the sprouts into 4 inch pots...

watered with liquid karma.

ph 6.5

seven inches from tops of leaves to light.

repotted the sprouts into 4 inch pots...

watered with liquid karma.

ph 6.5

seven inches from tops of leaves to light.

You like liquid Karma? I entertained getting some yesterday and was DISSUADED by the sales clerk! He said all it had in it was humic acid and yucca... I might still get it just to round out the Botanicare nute line i'm using... otherwise i would use Tiger Bloom by Fox Farm, but it's not organic.

I see you are experiencing the down side of what i think of as an LED feature: Low temps. I got a 4" vortex fan today and i am a little worried aout the temps... without it, though it got pretty warm in there when the t5s were on... i might keep them on now just for the added heat because they're on now and i've got constant warm air coming out of the exit ducting. So, with the dehumidifier on, the temps should be about 80-85.

anyway, good luck with everything... i like that you're starting from seed with this light... party on!

LEDGirl

Veteran
Sleepy: you could try to run the seedlings in an enclosed space, as a single 126W is not going to produce enough heat for 1 room to stay warm. That would be similar to asking a 150W HPS (or better yet, 120W of fluoro) to produce enough heat for the same sized area. So for situations like these, either more lights are necessary to heat the area, a cheap space heater is needed (and they can range anywhere from 300W-1500W+ depending on the size of space you need to heat), or the grow space needs to be enclosed with insulated materials. Either way you go, it's not a difficult fix. ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont really worry about the low temps unless they go below 55!

sleepy, one idea for now would be to put a heated mat/propagator base under the pots. if you keep the soil temps up then the air temps dont matter so much.

i have all kinds of fun trying to control temps in my loft :)

V.

M

Mr-B

Looking good Sleepy!

You know, I have a little heater for my dog house and it would work perfect for grow rooms. It doesn't get too hot and wont burn anything down.

B

Latest posts

Latest posts