What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

dirtyshawa

they look kind of sleepy, sleepy....did you put them straight in the soil? i use these jiffy peat type of organic sponges from my hydro store and they get the party started really fast. have you ever tried any?

Sleepy

Veteran
yeah, i agree...

i usually use rapid rooters...ran out, and could not find any locally...

i used peat plugs, and i don't like 'em.

i will be going back to rapid rooters.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am germinating in Sure 2 Grow starter cubes. They will be going directly into PVC couplers and started over a bubble system

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, i agree...

i usually use rapid rooters...ran out, and could not find any locally...

i used peat plugs, and i don't like 'em.

i will be going back to rapid rooters.

Had I know that you have had gotten some of those to.:) Well Sleepy it's all good. I got a surprise for ya soon enough anyway. I just transferred mine into pots this very evening and am using that new Biotanicare Soil with the CoCo so we will see.

You cannot kill Female Seeds so take heart in the fact the worst is over and we will see 4 pot's of blooming stanky buds soon enough.

Will be getting mine going once the cloner is done and then were off.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

apollonio

Hope this 4 left will be huge bud trees! :D

Hey mrwags, are going to do a grow diary thread too??

All the best sleepy!

:joint:

Sleepy

Veteran
Temperatures Are Much Cooler...

Temperatures Are Much Cooler...

my high temp is only 68 degrees!!

not sure how cold it gets...the light is on 24/7, so i figure its hovering around 66-68...

took a couple of pic today, nothing special, but they are growing!!!

peace!

Skip

Veteran
my high temp is only 68 degrees!!

not sure how cold it gets...the light is on 24/7, so i figure its hovering around 66-68...

took a couple of pic today, nothing special, but they are growing!!!

peace!
I guess this is a new problem, specific to LED grows:

It's TOO DAMN COLD! LOL!

You need to be at 70 to keep your plants growing (according to my buddy Jorge)...

Guess you need a heater in your growroom... LMAO!

Sleepy

Veteran
yeah, i figured the slow growth was a result of low temps...

(scratches head)...

thanks, for coming by, Skip!!

sx646522

Good luck with the grow, Sleepy!

Yep, sounds like either a Heating Mat, heating cable or such might be in order. Not an issue I've ever worried about with HPS!

Cheers,

-SX

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
After relocating my aero pc, my high temp dropped from 76F to 66F and growth has slowed quite a bit. Never thought I would need to slow down my fans so I have no speed control. I'm not using LED's, just referencing the low temps slowed growth in my current grow.
I have been thinking of trying one of those lights, thanks for testing it out for us Sleepy!!

THe low temp is definitely an issue (never thought I'd type those words) and is probably more so with soil. At least with Hydro you'd have a constant temp in the root zone. Maybe we should have a full arsenal, HID for Winter and LED for the rest of the year? Or maybe supplement with HID or Fluorescent in the winter to get the heat up. It'd be a shame to waste that energy on straight heat.