What's new

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not my experience

Not my experience

This is my second LED grow (UFO 90 from a reputable US dealer). On the first grow my plants were barely growing until I got the light within 12". This grow I keep it under 6 inches and have lovely phat bushes (camel toe?) with lots of bud sites. Enlarge 2 times for details.

Unfortunately 2 days ago a transformer blew ( second time, their new UFOs have better transformes) so my grow is only getting 45 watts. Replacement already shipped, arrives tomorrow- just in time to go 12/12.

I decided to 'flush' with RO and 150 ppms of CalMag+. What do you guys/gals think... do you flush between grow and bloom nutes?

Sleepy

Veteran
update...

update...

thanks everybody for checking in, and all the warm & fuzzy!!:huggg:

the temps were way high for one night only, but yes, this grow has been stressed more than i intended...sorry about that.

i had some difficulty getting this space heater to stay where i wanted, temperature-wise. even though it has a thermostat, i could not get it...now i have it where i want it:

the plants look good, i am letting them dry out real nice between waterings...all 4 were fed on wednesday january 13th with the following: liquid karma; hygrozyme; cal-max; uncle john's blend; and grow fert...all pH'd to 6.5...i will start to give the bloom ferts/additives with the next waterings.

some pics:

new growth is coming in nicely...

have a nice weekend!

Skip

Veteran
What all the critics of LED lights need to realize is that growing with LED lights is like doing your FIRST grow all over again. There's lots you need to learn. Plus there's lots to UNlearn too if you're used to other types of lights.

I'm sure as this technology matures, there will be a whole new set of rules that people will adopt to ensure the best grow results.

We are just now discovering these rules. Until they're broken, you don't know what they are... ;)

R

Ronley

This is my second LED grow (UFO 90 from a reputable US dealer). On the first grow my plants were barely growing until I got the light within 12". This grow I keep it under 6 inches and have lovely phat bushes (camel toe?) with lots of bud sites. Enlarge 2 times for details.

Unfortunately 2 days ago a transformer blew ( second time, their new UFOs have better transformes) so my grow is only getting 45 watts. Replacement already shipped, arrives tomorrow- just in time to go 12/12.

I decided to 'flush' with RO and 150 ppms of CalMag+. What do you guys/gals think... do you flush between grow and bloom nutes?

Sorry about your transformer blow, I never flush between grow and bloom. But then I am doing soil and all I do is add PK 13 + 14. to the rest of my nutes.

Skip

Veteran
Another thing to consider is that this technology is new and evolving. Updated units seem to appear every few months.

So side-by-side comparisons with other lighting systems would be unfair since people are pretty much doing their first grows under LEDs and learning the ropes as they go, and they seem to be figuring things out quick.

Now how long have the other lights been around? How many grows do ppl have under their belts using the older technologies?

I think we are going to look back fondly on these first few tests by our members and chuckle at the problems and even the soon to be antiquated current LED technology.

You can see how this is moving forward, and with more feedback about people's grows the learning curve will level out and people will be able to get up to speed with LEDs quick and easy.

I expect to see the market flooded with cabs with built in LED systems. esp since it means less cooling and electricity will be required to run them.

I even have to question what appears to be a coordinated campaign to malign LEDgirl, her biz and LEDs in general. I think some people are getting worried that results like these will prove the technology, so they are trying to discredit it. Why?

Is it my imagination or has the cannabiz just become more cutthroat. (or is it always this way?)

Sorry to digress, just sayin'...

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Business, in general, is not for the faint of heart. There's no honor among thieves, right?

That said, the results of these grows will speak for themselves - whatever they say in the end. If they work, the nay-saying will ring instantly hollow. I can't wait - and I'm rootin' for 'em. :smoke:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
If they work, the nay-saying will ring instantly hollow. I can't wait - and I'm rootin' for 'em.

I would LOVE to be wrong on LEDs. Sleepy has no vested interest, he and SaH receive no profit for their statements. These are exactly the tests I've been waiting for. Prove me wrong. Please!

C

coxswain

Hot thread ... looks like the fun just started. Can't wait to see the end results. Good luck with the grow Sleepy!

flatcurve

I even have to question what appears to be a coordinated campaign to malign LEDgirl, her biz and LEDs in general. I think some people are getting worried that results like these will prove the technology, so they are trying to discredit it. Why?

Is it my imagination or has the cannabiz just become more cutthroat. (or is it always this way?)

Sorry to digress, just sayin'...

Some people may genuinely be trying to bad mouth her, but I think what I saw was mainly skepticism, which is a wholly different thing than trying to malign someone. There have been, undoubtedly, very questionable LED products up until now. Combine that with the fact that these lights are being sold with performance comparisons to HID lights that use almost 3x the wattage and that's just a huge recipe for FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt.)

It was a smart move on LEDgirl's part to give these lights out for tests to try and clear up some of that FUD. Let's just hope for her sake that these test grows are a success. After being jumped for trying to explain why I had some doubt myself, I'll just keep my opinion to myself until a couple of these grows go to harvest.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of the maligners probably have a vested interest in other light technology. Big Pharm and the oil industry wrote the book how disinfo works.

I can tell you from experience in selling hi-end audio components that people with no bonifides will blast things they do not know without ever having tried them.

Sleepy

Veteran
updating...

updating...

took some pics today...watered with pH adjusted water to 6.0 yesterday...

new growth is coming in nice and lush...

one garden shot and then 2 pix of each plant...click for a closer look.