What's new

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

alflud

Sure looks like the LED's are doing the job anyway. Those are some healthy looking plants there. Is the strain a naturally short (indica) one Sleepy? Or do ya think the short bushiness is completely due to the initial temperature issues?

F

Funkhouser

Very bushy. This is after 2 weeks flower? Or 1 week? Would you also mind posting pics with the tape measure as you update please.

Would really help us get an idea of the growth rate week by week

Looking real nice :biggrin:

Tonyton

I can't wait to see how the pistils look as they start to grow full, sleepy your doing a heaven of a job with that light. the bud shots will tell all.

Strains

thats some crazy bushes, can i lure you in some way to take a picture from the side, looking at the main stem at a short distance? :D

R

Ronley

Seepy, have they shown sex yet? What size container are they growing?
They are really looking fine.

Sleepy

Veteran
ok...

ok...

took some pix last night...with the tape measure.

i am pulling gently to see the main stem (they were all topped)

the timer was engaged on 1/12/2010...so today is day 10 of flowering.

a couple white hairs here and there...

i have never grown this strain before, so i don't know how they normally grow. this light seems to produce tighter internodes than my T5, though.

they are in 2 gallon grow bags...that's what they will finish in.

have a nice weekend!

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
looking fine brother that light seems to be doing its job and nows the time for IT to shiine during flower so to speak

F

Funkhouser

Thanks for the updated pics, WITH the tape :dance013:

I have another question. You stated at the start of this thread that you normally run 8-10 plants and yield approximately 1oz per plant (8-10 oz's total). So is it safe to assume that with 4 plants, your "expected" goal is 1oz+ per plant. Keeping the per plant yield on par with what you normally yield under the 400 HPS?

Seems like a somewhat fair comparison except for one issue. Is the sq. ft./ per watt ratio being kept constant in relation to the 8-10 under the 400 HPS? By giving the 4 Ice more room, is it fair to assume that the yield might increase due to more plant area being exposed to more light than say if there was 6 more plants packed in there?

I know it might seem trivial, but I thought it might be a valid point to bring up. Given more room to widen out, more of the plant will be exposed to the light. Might be possible to skew the results somewhat?

Just thought I'd throw a few points out there.

Looking very impressive so far. Lets hope these don't disappoint at the end.

Sleepy

Veteran
good points...

good points...

Thanks for the updated pics, WITH the tape :dance013:

I have another question. You stated at the start of this thread that you normally run 8-10 plants and yield approximately 1oz per plant (8-10 oz's total). So is it safe to assume that with 4 plants, your "expected" goal is 1oz+ per plant. Keeping the per plant yield on par with what you normally yield under the 400 HPS?

Seems like a somewhat fair comparison except for one issue. Is the sq. ft./ per watt ratio being kept constant in relation to the 8-10 under the 400 HPS? By giving the 4 Ice more room, is it fair to assume that the yield might increase due to more plant area being exposed to more light than say if there was 6 more plants packed in there?

I know it might seem trivial, but I thought it might be a valid point to bring up. Given more room to widen out, more of the plant will be exposed to the light. Might be possible to skew the results somewhat?

Just thought I'd throw a few points out there.

Looking very impressive so far. Lets hope these don't disappoint at the end.

yes, i agree...yes, i expect at least an ounce of dry herb from each plant. at least!

hey chucky...thanks for ppepin'...

Che...rockin' the new zombified che avatar...sweet!!!

Bobby, good to have you...excellent smoke reports you put up!!! very wu-tang!
:smokey:

Sleepy

Veteran
F*CK!

F*CK!

wow, i was pissed off last night...

i went down to check on things, and the heat was up again...110 degrees this time!

WTF??

one of the Ice plants took a beating i am sorry to say...

damn, i can't seem to get this heater to stay between 75-80 degrees!

i don't get it...its got a thermostat!

fuck!

i watered all of them and rotated them around the trays...

i haven't been down to see them today, but i think i'll go check them out...

argh!:booked:

R

Ronley

wow, i was pissed off last night...

i went down to check on things, and the heat was up again...110 degrees this time!

WTF??

one of the Ice plants took a beating i am sorry to say...

damn, i can't seem to get this heater to stay between 75-80 degrees!

i don't get it...its got a thermostat!

fuck!

i watered all of them and rotated them around the trays...

i haven't been down to see them today, but i think i'll go check them out...

argh!:booked:

OH NO!!, Its not worth buying a cheapo heater. Thing is tempremental...

Sleepy

Veteran
yep...

the one plant wilted a little, but that's it...shge should come back no problem...

checked on 'em a little while ago...they seem ok.

peace.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
thats that home depot heater 18 bucks ,that fucker will burn your house down(i hope not) so they can sell you All the new materials to build a new house and then sell you another heater ,watchout its a vicious cycle.J/K brother hope ya get it worked out

cre8iv fuel

Oh no! Glad it wasn't worse though. I'll speak at least for myself here, but I'm so interested in this grow/thread/comparison, I'd be willing to donate for a better heater for you. We can't lose such a critical analysis study to something like a heater burning your plants! Good work though, I know it's not your fault. Keep it up and can't wait to see what's next.