What's new

1200w soil grow - 1st timer

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over-watering maybe? How often are you watering and what do you do to check if they need water?

bterzz

Veteran
I just see if the pots are light or heavy. I watered again tonight. I usually make sure the top 3-4 inches is dry.

bterzz

Veteran
216bv7.jpg

2161ht8.jpg

2164av6.jpg

2168zp4.jpg

2166om1.jpg

2163pt5.jpg

bterzz

Veteran
Guess what??

Well.. GUESS!!

Ok ok.. ill give you a hint.
There is something in the first picture that is missing and something that is added.
217sa1.jpg

Can you see it in this picture??
2172ww2.jpg

For all the half-blind people
2173tc0.jpg

FINALLY starting to grow again. WOW they got stunted.
2174bb0.jpg

2175ft9.jpg

I honestly believe half the reason they are growing so slow is due to the cold ass concrete they've been sitting on day in and day out..

So.... I added a pallet
2176xm3.jpg

One last look
2177hf9.jpg

2178zq5.jpg

maker

kush

kush

My kush is slowest to root, slowest to recover. needs time before molesting. you might need to give them some rooting help like Micchoriza and Roots Excerelateur go to the store and ask them. Before you bend a branch pinch it hard until it squishes then you can bend it without it snapping. It will bend where you squished it. My headband roots/recovers/grows twice as fast as the OGMK but i still love the Indica's. I have a room about the same size as yours with no humidity issues(dry is better than humid, just look at the norcal guys battling PM). i suspect you might not have enough water in there. check with your finger to the first knuckle. if it's wet/moist you're ok. Dont check in the same spot everytime either. I typically water every 2nd or 3r'd day sometimes 4th with slower plants like kush. You might want to start a mite prevention regimen even if you don't see them. They always seem to start triving at the same time as the plants, then you're going into flower and wont want to be spraying too much shit on them. Especially if it's toxic or oily. Neem just doesn't taste that great. Good luck.

bterzz

Veteran
Damn Maker, your first post was an amazing one! I'll +rep to that brotha!

I completely over-watered then LSt'd my plants which was more of a HIGH Stress training...taking FOREVER to recover.

the GREAT news is my friend GAVE me about 5 TSP's of Root Exculerater, he said it was about 100$ for the small bottle he had.

I'll give it a shot! Thanks a lot man..

As far as mite prevention thank you very much. I'm going to get some Einstein oil and spray them until I go into flowering every once in awhile.

Thanks for all the helpful tips man.
+rep

maker

no prob

no prob

I've been lurking for years and then icmag changed things so we/I couldn't search until registering. I've learned a lot here. But i've learned more the hard way. your thread caught my eye for some reason (maybe the CA patient thing) And i felt like some of your problems were similar to ones i've had and your setup is pretty much the same size as mine. My lamps are about 9" from the canopy without cool tubes but fans are blowing. I have AC and CO2 also. Pretty cheap for those. Summer will be hot in SoCal but i don't cool my lights so I don't know if you'll want AC or not.
One of the coolest things i've learned is that Indica and Sativa root ballls are totally different. Like afro and straight hair different. I think it says something about the growth speed/recovery thing. You might want to look into growing a mother and association grafting (hint: youtube) other strains onto it. So Fricken cool when you pull it off. Helps with your plant numbers and genetic material for the next round. God, i'm rambling...:joint:

bterzz

Veteran
Ramble my friend, ramble...I'll be here all night..

9" huh?? Thats LOW. today I felt my friends 250w HPS (not air cooled) and it was literally five times as hot as mine to the touch.

I mean, I can seriously put my hand 1 CM from the glass and I can barely feel warmth. but my tempatuge gauge that is sitting FLAT at canopy level reads around 78%. I feel like the meter is off and I feel like I can get WAY closer....should I risk it?

I grew a plant outdoors that was sativa dominant and the rootball was tiny but they went down really far and really skinny. Thought it was strange, plant was like 4ft+.

I'll check out the youtube videos. I dont know how close you live to the coast in OC but I'm pretty close, in VC. It stays pretty cool here I hope to not have to worry about heat issues, or AC.

You should be able to jam those hoods right on top of the plants. I run 400's, and the sativas often grow into the glass no prob. Grow looks great so far dood :D

bterzz

Veteran
Oh shit ya. So if the tempature gauge is getting directly BLASTED by the light and it reaches 90* should this be a problem?? I want these suckers BUSHY not STRETCHY :D

For me, the test is 'does it seem too close'. Close your eyes, and see if it is hot on the back of your hand (unless you are Johnny leatherhands, and smelt iron at work all day). With the 400's I can just smear my hand right there no problem. W/o glass, I can keep em ~4-5 inches from the bulb with the fans onthe bulbs, and I don't really go closer than 6-8" to be safe. Burnt tops suck.

Are they at 18" now? Try 12" and see how they like it for 3-4 days. If no problem, go a lil lower, etc.. Just test with your hand a couple of hours into the light cycle so the bulb/glass has a chance to heat all the way. I've seen a few pix with air cooled 1k's on movers in climate controlled rooms that are ~6" from the tops. Or should I say TOPS, lol.
(cause they were real BIG :D)

bterzz

Veteran
well ill tel you what Jersey, it just doesn't get hot to the back of the hand AT ALL.. barely warm.. AND my dad calls me "pussy hands" cuz hes a contractor with touch hands and I got soft girl hands he says lol.

Im lowerin that sucker

maker

lights

lights

Move them down as far as you have the balls to and check them often for a while every 20 min or so. If they get wilty move up a few inches and check again. I usually start high with rooting clones since light dont matter till you have roots. Then i move down to like a hand span and if they wilt , i go back up half way and check again and try to move down again and again (set your stove timer or something. you know how it is, you'll forget and burn them) different strains can handle lamps differently. That's why so many guys, especially up north, specialize in strains. And it's just a pain to grow a stretchy next to a compact. You just have to find the sweet spot and there's plenty of time to do that. Moving air helps a lot (think wind chill). Your plants will keep trying to stretch to their sweet spot and if you keep going up with the lamps so do they then thay fall over or just have too much space between nodes.

bterzz

Veteran
God info Maker. Thanks for the heads up. If I have a temp. gun, can I just aim at the top of the leaf and see the temp?? :D

Heres some new pics,..
219la1.jpg

2192sw2.jpg

2193hv6.jpg

2194ir1.jpg

lookin good man, awesome setup. did you build it all yourself? looks great either way. two questions....are you just vegging with one light? and what club/area did you get your og from? I was fortunate enough to find some og seeds, and my plant looks identical to yours. any info you have would be greatly appreciated! :joint:

bterzz

Veteran
Hey man thanks for stopping by!

I built the room just me and my dad. He helped me wire it up to its own separate breaker and everything.

I'm only vegging with 1 600w HPS until they get to big and I need to spread them out.

Once I put them under BOTH lights for veg, I'll LST, veg for a couple days and flower.

I got my OG clones from a friend actually not a clinic. Do you have any pictures of your plants??

nice setup, i plan to do something very similar when i have a bigger house to do it in! keep up the good work. happy growing and good luck!