What's new

1200w soil grow - 1st timer

bterzz

Veteran
Awesome, now if only I could find it in the states....Do you know if it exists here?

Riskofwater, I dont mind at all if you bring by some cookies :D

bterzz

Veteran
LOL !! What a shame!!

Thats ok,.. I just misted my girls with a TAD hit of Nitrogen in the aqua.

Is it ok to turn on a GREEN colored floro during lights off in VEG...?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In theory, if it's green spectrum, but I've never tested it personally. I run my lights from 10pm til 10am too - it's a pain in the arse sometimes :D

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Light 16" above the plants @ 80* or 18" above the plants @ 76* ??

16" @ 80f? Sounds good to me - Ambient temperature (which is what you're measuring with that thermometer) is just the air temp, the actual canopy temp can be measured with a laser thermometer (I bought one for 60 bucks, but only use it a couple of times a grow, so not worth the hassle imo) - but Canopy temp should be lower than your ambient temps so don't worry about cooking your girls. Ambient of 80f at canopy level = about surface temp of 75f canopy in my setup.

But that said - higher temperatures will lower your relative humidity as warm air can hold more water than cold air. So instead of chucking lots of info at you...

I'd keep things how they are - let your girls get a bit bigger, then you can be a bit more aggressive (so to speak) - larger plants are more tolerant of higher temps and lower humidities. 2inches extra won't make that much of a difference (yea that's what the ladies say :biglaugh:)

bterzz

Veteran
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not sure if im at 16" but i know each notch on the chain going UP lowers my temps about 1 degree.

anyways, they look to be growing well.

I gave them some fresh water and some nutes tonight (2 tsp > gallon Grow Big, 4 tsp > gallon Big Bloom) the soil was really dry. It sucked it right up and spit it right out the bottom, even watering nice and slow.

I think i'm going to add a top layer of Ocean Forest tomorrow with about 80% perlite so I get some nice smooth drainage from the top.

I topped/fimmed 9 out of 12. I left three alone and im debating on what to do with those, probably top/fim them as well as i really like my results thus far.

Sammet should I be trimming any lower branches at this point? Should I be trimming any lower branches at any point in veg?

Thanks for stickin around man you're tons of help!

EDIT: PS, when I have my gauge on top of the pots facing the light I notice its about 7 degrees warmer as if my temp gauge 6 inche above the light. I think its a pretty good judgement @ canopy temps, but I have a laser gauge just incase. :D :D

EDIT #2: Sammet, look what I found..
http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetail.cfm/ItemID/766197/CategoryID/12000/SubCatID/2795/file.htm

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You've got loads of wattage so I wouldn't worry about trimming - I only trim lower stuff when I feel the light penetration ain't good. That Chi stuff sounds pretty good - anything like that might help - but it's not exactly the same as the leaf coat (which contains latex) - and sometimes the best advice is to just keep things simple. Like I said before, the bigger they get, the more hardy they become, so it might not even be neccessary. Enjoy your garden mate - I'll be lurking, if you need anything else give us a shout.

luvtogrow

Great strain from clone! I'm a norcal patient, just starting another grow and fighting low humidity. Many people recommend hanging wet towels in the grow to raise humidity. I use a humidifier and to bring it up another 4-5%+, i put a wet towel over my plastic laundry basket and aim the fan at it. As it dries just keep rewetting and hanging. Do mine 3X daily, while in early veg.

bterzz

Veteran
Thanks everyone for the comments.
I'm going to try the wet towel trick.

I get my fresh air from outside (I leave the garage door open about 10 inches, and i'm sucking air into the garage and into my grow-space)

Right now its raining, and the humidity is Humidity: 88%.

How in the world can my grow-space only be @ 30% humidity (or 23 on the other gauge, same one though) with a humidifier blowing @ full speed?

I think I need a new brand gauge.. What do you guys think?

bterzz

Veteran
I topped/fimmed 9/12 so far. Hopefully they do well. i also water/fed last night im pretty sure I over-watered.
251ro1.jpg

252gs9.jpg

253dt3.jpg

bterzz

Veteran
I did some High Stress Training, I think its called "Supercropping" to one of my plants.

I pinched my tallest, lankiest girls stock in half hoping it would train it to be lower lol but that wasnt the case. She is already standing up straight.

I'll go take some pictures.

B

BioPart

Good luck bro. Everything goes very well! Looking forward to follow closely., love your plants
best wishes

BioPart

bterzz

Veteran
Thanks BioPart! Here are some updated pictures for you.

Here is my tallest, lankiest girl. She is way to spread out for my liking so I broke her main stalk yesterday in hopes to get her to do some funny stuff (experiment) ... shes already standing straight up though. Time to TIE her ass down!
261as5.jpg

262eh9.jpg

A bit bushier, more of my liking..
263sj8.jpg

You can see where she was laying on her side yesterday.. not no more.. hopefully it toughens her skinny ass up!!
264bz3.jpg

Some new growth..
265wx9.jpg

some foliage
266cu4.jpg

I could take pictures all day..
267me2.jpg

Well,.. maybe.
268at1.jpg

comments suggestions criticism rages rants jokes welcome

bterzz

Veteran
Well shit, they were droopy! But I think they liked all the water I gave them for there BONE ASS DRY soil they were sitting in for so long. The reason I overwatered was because the soil was never "wet" all the way through and I felt like I was wasting water when I would pour it in and it would go right through the bottom. So I soaked her and let her sit..

I'll be back with pics. :D :D

bterzz

Veteran
here are the pics.. they're seriously loving it right now. Temps and humidity is perfect... yaa :joint: I'm getting excited. They're starting to take off. Hopefully they EXPLODE soon. I'm starting to see some stretch in some of them..any techniques to get rid of the stretch?

LST soon for sure...

271bn0.jpg

272tz2.jpg

274rl0.jpg

275uy8.jpg

276mh6.jpg

277rc0.jpg

278fo2.jpg

279ui0.jpg

2710no1.jpg

2711nf0.jpg

2712yn7.jpg