What's new

1200w soil grow - 1st timer

bterzz

Veteran
Alrightyyyy so I did it. I live in california and a proud MMJ patient. I will be growing legally in a room I built in my garage.

8x4 room - not finished, obviously. Will be adding weatherstripping and a door sweet at the bottom so no light gets out or in.
growroomfinishedps2.jpg

6" Vortex (carbon filter soon) through 6" insulated ducting cooling both lights and out the room.
flexuk6.jpg

Exhaust
flex2zc1.jpg

OG Kush
growinguo5.jpg

12 of them
oggyb1.jpg

Tempature/Humidity
tempatureyh0.jpg

Since then my humidity has dropped CONSIDERABLY. To about 35%. Is this bad?

Any comments/questions are completely welcome. I'll be lurking the internet until then :joint:

G

Guest 6345

hellou man, i hoped that you finish yours old thread about 1200w.

I started follow up your threads, because yours resolution is good.
I will start similar project as you, but i now waiting to good places for my secret room.

good luck man.

about humidity:
on veg time is good humidity about 60-70%
on flowerr time is good humidity about 30-50%

bterzz

Veteran
Hey man no I actually couldnt find my old thread??? So I started a new one.. This will be it.. :)

Thanks for following man!
I need to get a humidifer for the night time cuz my humidity is WAY to low.

P

PeacefulGrower

Nice project mate... wish you best of luck on your first grow adventure!!!

bterzz

Veteran
Sup everyone.
My clones are OG Kush and I got them from a friend who works at a dispensary here in California. He said they're exclusive and that hes not even getting rid of the others he just took some cuts from his mother for me.

Thanks for the best of luck I have a feeling im going to need it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on raising the humidity?? Its as low as 25%!!!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Don't sweat your humidity that much. Just be sure their containers don't dry out too much. I have some Hashberries in veg that deal with humidity levels ranging between 13-60% and they look spectacular.

-Funk

bterzz

Veteran
thats great to hear!! My humidity was ranging from 20% to 60% as well, more-so being really low though.

I bought a humidifier anyway, we'll see if she helps. :yoinks:

Thanks for the response

bterzz

Veteran
Hey guys. I've been MIA on this part of the forums because I was busy getting help elsewhere!

Anyways, i'm back to this thread now that i'm back on track.
So, for awhile there I didn't see any growth and was getting worried.
Here is some updated pictures
231oi6.jpg

234fk7.jpg

235qx3.jpg

232bp7.jpg

233jz5.jpg

Ohh, and almost forgot...
Added some weather stripping and a door sweep to get rid of all light escapes.
236xp6.jpg

ANDDD 1 more coat of mud...damn that stuff SUCKS.
237my8.jpg

Germanator

You can raise humidity by adding a Co2 burner... or by buying a humidifier.

With low humidity your leaves will dry out faster, its not something you would notice unless you keep 20% humidity or lower in my experience...in the form of slower growth. Once you are watering more frequently in a higher volume you will see your humidity raise a bit.

I would suggest supporting those OGs as much as possible...I've had a bitch of a time getting them to do anything but fall over once they put on weight.

Looks great so far!

Be easy,
Germ

*Just saw you got a humidifier already...Yeah, I smoke that good...haha.

bterzz

Veteran
Thanks man. I'm not sure what to do about my humidity. To be honest I think the gauges are both inaccurate. I'm going to buy a decent one here soon.

I also got a carbon filter i'll be attaching soon. Anyways, im not sure what to do about my humidity. I've tried a bunch of things and my conclusion keeps pointing me back to the gauges.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
hey man nice work on the room ive built a few similar rooms and it is the best way to go >>>> yours looks sweet>>>> have you started flowering 12/12 or are you still veggeing

bterzz

Veteran
I believe im going to be vegging these things for quite a bit more time.

Thanks for the nice comments. The plan is to get a full canopy and then move six pots to the other 600w light and LST all 12. Once I LST them I will veg them for another week and then do the flip, hoping for the largest yield I can get.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi bterzz,

For the humidity - I use
255.jpg
It's a latex spray that you squirt on the underside of the leaves, and it slows transpiration by covering the stomata. So it helps against low humidities, fungi and helps prevent insects. Any kind of leaf-coat type stuff might help. Otherwise you just have to water your girls a bit more frequently. Bonuses of low humidity are you won't have to worry about mold :D
Your room looks good - keep em coming. :wave:

Edit- the more veg they get, the bigger they'll get (to a point). But you're starting to get alternating nodes so you should be starting to see pre-flowers soonish (even earlier if you flip soon).

bterzz

Veteran
Sammet and Wwonka thank you so much!! Pull up a chair (preferably one on wheels) so you can get a 360* view of my ladies.

Sammet, thats an awesome idea. Lately ive just been misting the top of my soil to get the humidity up. I have a humidifier running 24/7 but my exhaust just sucks it right out.

During 12/12 my lights will be on from 10 at night until 10 in the morning, so I will beable to use a fan controller to slow down my fan and leave some of the humidity in there.

Sammet, i wish I could see a bigger picture. is that called "Leaf Coat" ??

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
21338seedlingnutrients.jpg

Yep - it's made by Biobizz (excuse the other stuff in the photo), but there are other products out there - that's just the one I use. It stops the plant losing water so fast, so it copes better with the low humidity.

Latest posts

Latest posts