What's new

12 Blueberries, Soil, T5 Lights, Advanced Nutrients

MileHighGuy

Veteran
@yosun - These T5's rule, I can actually take a bulb out with my bare hand no matter how long it's been on... they are hot... but not that hot.

I like to keep the lights within about 3 inches of the top... sometimes closer, but usually not just in case I forget to check and the grow really fast. Also, my canopy isn't perfect so the lights are 3" from the tallest plant.

The other thing I like is the ProGrip light hangers... with Several T5's you can organize plants by canopy height and raise or lower each light according to it's own needs.

You will notice that two of our plants stretched to DOUBLE the normal size and we didn't do much to control it.

With only 1 or 2 HID lights in the tent, this would have been devastating... either ruin the two that are stretching by not allowing light to reach the top cola's or keep ALL of the lights to far away from the canopy just for the 2 that stretched...

With multiple T5's of different sizes you can easily adjust the lights to evenly cover ALL the plants.

I have to imagine that Several T'5s would be IDEAL for growing Multiple Variety of Strains in the same tent.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
That's 1296 watts of T5 power running now...

I'm praying for 2.5 lbs or more or at least .87 grams per watt.

Hopefully adding the extra 432 watts at the end will help get us there.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
this t5 promise really good , your baby start explode in thousand buds ..that's right!!! high class grower...fo su!!! keep it up...i'll be watching with a chair!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
2 Days Later.... slight color change...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Can't wait to throw them into "overdrive" haha

MileHighGuy

Veteran
UPDATE:

We had to cull to plants :(

I check all the plants daily... a few days ago I saw what I thought was the beginning of a Nanner on the Tallest plant. (She got burned on the light so I was checking her more often)

Turns out... BOTH of the Stretched out lanky plants had Nanners developing, last night I found several, all premature, but still a problem.

Since they were the two tallest worst plants, we decided to chop and dry.... This will be some daytime personal smoke.

We really didn't want to risk pollinating the other plants because they look sooo dank, would be a crime.

Now there are 10 plants and they all have an EVEN canopy and the lights are maximizing their efficiency by being within a few inches of EVERY plant.

I'm hoping that this better use of the lights will lead to increased yield to make up for the two we chopped.

I'll snap some photos later as day 40 is tomorrow!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Photo Update:

Now that the two tall girls are gone, the lights are all on the same level.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Two Tall girls are chopped and now drying in our drying rack...

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Overdrive seems to be working!!!

I have noticed LOTS of new white hairs since adding Overdrive on the last feeding.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Just found some Sweet Tooth clones!!! Hell Yes, local and quality...

The guy has a mother that he ran several times, now, to see if these sweet Tooth seeds are any good to start with...

Already planning the next run, we took some blueberry clones from our current grow, had 100% success and then neglected them, they got overrun with bugs and then got thrown in the trash because I don't fuck with bugs...

Everything happens for a reason, time for some SWEET toof

Last edited by a moderator:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
UPDATE:

Noticed the signs of nutrient lockout on some of the oldest leaves...

I used a Flushing agent with almost 2 gallons of water for each plant at the last watering.

SOOO stoked because it worked and there is lot's of new growth... check it

picture.php

picture.php

Getting Much Denser... lot's of new growth

picture.php

picture.php

Starting to fill in one solid cola...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cant wait to feed again... but... I'll be patient and wait until it's time.

Goodnight!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Learned the hard way the last couple grows....

Popcorn nugs aren't worth the PM, mold and bugs, I keep em Clean from veg through flower....

picture.php

Those plants are looking great MileHighGuy! Good job keeping the bottom clear of leaves and branches. I clean mine out, the tiny buds down there aren't worth it your right. Beautiful grow!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks Everyone, I love coming here to find I have had a couple of posts....

Last Feeding Today!!!! Finally, I'm getting closer.... I can't wait until the first cured bowl.

Anyways,

Fed today at about 1600ppm.... Stong, but they should love it....

Next will be to flush until they are ready, I'm thinking they will be done in about 2 weeks.... a few more days until the next water and about 10 days of flush with a flushing agent should do the trick.

Now, time to do some research on drying and curing... although I've cured several times, It seems there has to be a more precise way to go.

I'll update with more pictures in about 4-5 days when I start flushing.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
1 New picture today:

All the ladies are starting to add more weight everyday, I chose this picture because you can see all of the new lighter green growth everywhere... they just keep getting heavier...

this one I had to tie up today.

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Can you find the fly on the bottom right leaf?

They land on the leaves... Get stuck worse than fly paper and die... so far only a few though.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All these were taken within the last week.

Last night was the last flush, 3 gallons each plant.

Lights went off at midnight last night and will stay off for 2 days before harvest.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I did... and sorry, that last picture snuck in there... that one was older.

I will update with pictures right before I chop.

Trich's look mostly cloudy with about 20% amber...