What's new

12 Blueberries, Soil, T5 Lights, Advanced Nutrients

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Grab a Chair, this one will be worth the wait!

Just cleaned up the tent from last time, eager for the next round.

Just started today 10/10/10

About 15 Blueberry Clones, will choose the best 12.

The Setup:

SunHut XXL - 4'x4'x8' (It's actually 4' x 8' x 8' I made a mistake when I first posted this)
4- T5 HO 54w Fluorescent fixtures. 2(4' 4 Bulb) 2(4' 8 Bulb) (Update: We have been using 2 4bulb and 1 8Bulb)
1 6" Intake fan with Hepa Filter
1 4' exhaust fan with Charcoal Filter
12 7 Gallon Soil Containers
Soil Mix - 1 Bale of Sunshine promix with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Mixed in, and some other natural additives.
Full line of Advanced Nutrients +
Hygrozyme
Calmag
Superthrive
Great White

For Cloning, We took a Rubbermaid Bin and Floated a Styrofoam Ice Chest lid in the water.

We poked holes in the styrofoam to hold the clones and put 4 airstones in the water with Advanced B-52 Fertilizer, Hygrozyme, Superthrive and Great White.....

Excited to see roots in the next 10 days... We will see!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TokeD

I'm truly excited to see your outcome and wish you all the best. Thanks for stepping up and taking this t5 setup and showing us its potential, really looking forward to seeing your outcome with that wattage. I've been really interested in using these for my mother room and looking to see how they flower! must be a nice light footprint, I wish you all the best brotha!

one question, how do you like the quality of that grow tent and is it light sealed when all zipped, i'm also looking to get two of them....

thanks and keep us updated!

-ToKeD

MileHighGuy

Veteran
@ Toked - I like the tent, but it's my first one, so I can't speak for any other brand.
So far it's been great, however, one of the teeth busted on the zipper right away... although I think it was a fluke cause the rest of the zippers are holding up well. Also, the zipper still works even with the missing tooth.

The Tent is absolutely NOT light proof... however It's not a big issue for me because I have the tent in a Dark room.

The only reason it is not light proof, in my opinion is because it has several "flaps" on the inside at the bottom of the tent at about knee height to let air in. These flaps let in enough light to be a concern if your grow area will have lot's of light outside the tent.

Now that we are using Intake and Exhaust fans, and will be adding C02... I will be sealing all of these flaps shut, I plan to just add velcro or possibly something as cheap as duct tape, but after that, it will be very light proof.

The T5's are AWESOME... Can't wait to show everyone...

Our last grow used T5's.... but only part way... we also had MH and other stuff... nothing was consistent... this go.. we are READY.

Peace

OZZ_

Veteran
Subscribed .... to be honest, I just wanna see how your going to fit 12 - 7 gallon containers in that area once the girls start spreading out. I have a similar tent and thought Ild be pushing it with 6 - 5 gallon buckets. The T5's are a nice twist too. Im rooting for ya!!

Get it!

alecto

ok...Blueberries, Soil, Advanced Nutrients....magic words to me :smokeit:;)

T5 I don't know those...even more interest :)
the color temp of those are 5000k ? and if so, do you intend to switch to something else for the flowering ?

anyway good luck on your growth :plant grow: Ihope it'll go like a (lucky) charm
you seem to be a bit superstitious ;)
Just started today 10/10/10

C

camoxnhx

word up! nice tent! been dying to get a tent i think i might get one for the next grow cycle i do. But BLUEBERRIES..... YUMMY! got me on this thread!!!!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
@ optimal Not sure what kind? Clones off of a friends best female....

@ Ozz Ooopss I meant 4' x 8' x 8' tent ... not 4 x4 anyways... they should fit nice, and I plan on vegging for a short period with lots of trimming

@ alecto the T5's are awesome, I think they are 6500k blue spectrum for Veg and 3000k Red spectrum for bloom, but I'll have to look on the bulbs to be 100% sure.
One 4' 8 bulb HO T5 produces 40,000 Lumens with minimal heat so you can put the lights REALLY close to the plants.

@ camoxnhx Thanks!!! I'm really stoked for this grow, my partner and I are excited but patiently awaiting huge results

now... time to mix some azamax for prevention!!!

Peace

OZZ_

Veteran
That makes a little more sense. ;) thanks for the clarification.

Ill be watching to see how this turns out!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
The Mother Blueberry, outdoors... finally harvesting... not me, but I figured it would show the potential of this strain.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Any Recommendations on CO2?

What Tank Size is good for the 4'x8'x8' tent?

What type or brand of Controller to use so that I can properly set up the air exchange on a timer?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Good News.

It's been only 6 days and roots are starting to form on all the clones.

I believe I will have 100% success rate because none of the clones have started to even droop.

I can only take the best 12, anyone want some blueberries? lol

I used a rubbermaid tub... you can see in the picture.

Took the lid to a styrofoam icechest and poked holes in the top with a wood skewer that I had in my junk drawer.... then floated the lid in the water of the rubbermaid bin and placed each clone in one of the holes in the styrofoam

Mixture:

Water 7.0 ph probably about 2-3 gallons
Advanced Nutrients B-52 fertilizer (1/4 strength)
1 drop superthrive
1/4 dose great white
1/4 dose hygrozyme

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Sorry for the lack of updates... I will be more serious about pictures and updates as soon as things get started.

So far, we have cut the clones, put into our make shift cloning machine and then transplanted into a soil mixture into red plastic cups.

It will be time to transplant tomorrow or the next day.

This will be WEEK 1 as far as I'm concerned.

This was on 11/7/10

picture.php

This was taken today 11/14/10 one week later and about ready to transplant into their final 7 Gallon Soil Homes.

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
10 of the clones had a HUGE clump of bright white roots when we transplanted into the cups so I know the cloning "machine" worked.

The Clones were cut and put into the water on 10/10/10

They were showing roots on a most clones after 10 days and we pulled all 16 on 11/2/10 which was DAY 23 With 10 Rooted well and 6 with only the smallest signs of roots forming.

The 6 that were the slowest were also the largest 6…. I think that the stalks were much thicker on these 6 and the water temperature was a little cold…. After about 5 days we put a heating mat underneath the tub… It seemed to work okay.

We put each clone In a red plastic cup with slits cut in the bottom.
The soil mixture is the same as the final 7 gallon containers they will be added to.

1 bail of Sunshine #4 with 1 bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest mixed together with extra perlite.

After transplanting:

1 Gallon water
5ML Hygrozyme
1 drop superthrive
1/4 scoop Great white
200 PPM

2 days later we did just straight 7.0PH water

then on the 12th we watered using :

1 Gallon of water with:
Sensi Grow A: 16ML
Sensi Grow B: 16ML
B-52: 8ML
VooDoo Juice: 8ML
5ml Compost tea mix mother earth advanced nutrients
Half scoop great white
7ml hygrozyme

Last edited:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Some other random blueberry

picture.php

Hydro with almost NO light...

picture.php

hydro with lucas formula + koolbloom superthrive great white and hygrozyme

Heres the funny part, this whole plant has been grown with nothing more than a regular 2 lamp 4' fluorescent fixture.... haha

we were going to just start the seedling with this light.... but decided we had nothing to do with it... so we left it under the same light just to see what would happen..

picture.php

Sorry about the rotation on the pics..

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Alright! Time to finally get started.

Today is officially day ONE.

When we dropped the clones out of their cups to transplant in their final home we were happily surprised to see roots on 100% of the clones and all 12 that we Used out of the 16 original had MASSIVE roots, thick bright white and lots of them....

Here are a few pics of the beginning:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After Transplanting into their new homes here is the final breakdown.

8, 7-Gallon Round pots
3, 5-Gallon Square pots
1, 7 Gallon Smart Pot

Fresh 7.0 water just around the transplant area for all 12.