What's new

12 And 13-Year-Old Kids Turn In Dad For Marijuana Possession Say Police

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Kids The only job that truly matters IMHO

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to paladin420 again"

Yessir, I agree 200%! I believe one of my most important responsibilities in this life, if not THE most important, is being a father to that wonderful young man. Teaching him everything I can, the best I can, so he can make the best choices possible when he's faced with decisions on his own.

I've always been honest and upfront about my medicinal cannabis usage with my son, I feel lying to him about it sets a HORRIBLE example and precedent. Open and honest communication is much better IMHO.

Everything else in this world is just window dressing in comparison.

Much love to all the parents out there who are a big part of their kids lives. :wave:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
we sometimes consider adopting(i think of it like puppies to many out there needing a good home to breed new ones)then we remember....
ohhh yeah fuck having kids!!!
if your gonna do it right it takes your full undivided devotion.
im to selfish for that shit right there! im tardy with the dog's food bowl and lose the cat three times a day!

smokefrogg

Veteran
we knew better than to do something like this, horror stories about foster homes was all it took to get us to shut our mouths

Tuggo

my dad told me when i once threatened him with calling CPS "i may go to jail son but it wont be for life... when i get out ill kill you."

My mom always used to say something similar. Call em and by the time they get here I'll be getting locked up for a lot more than abuse. Then hand me the phone. lol Thought I was the only one.:laughing:

ajc0k

If i were him after getting out of jail, i'd make the kids rooms my new grow rooms, and the kids could go live in the shed for a few harvests.. sounds like a potentially good lesson for the kids to me..

MIway

Veteran
^^^ no threats in my house... mom just took me outside into the drive way & beat my ass with a ladle in front of my friends. once was all it took. she was 5'1"... none of my friends questioned her, sure as shit not me.

anyany

Watched a young 'lady' explain to her dad just what her rights were. Her teachers"told' her,She could call the po po anytime.
He just calmly told her she might wanna call EMS first. Ended that hissy fit..

my dad told me when i once threatened him with calling CPS "i may go to jail son but it wont be for life... when i get out ill kill you."

Sound like very compassionate, kindhearted fathers.

cirog

This is something I worry about with my child starting school next year. They are so one track minded at school when it comes to drugs it is unbelievable. As a teacher I know first hand about the hypocrisy. Health teachers in my school are some of the biggest tokers, yet they preach to the little ones how bad drugs are and how they ruin lives. They encourage the students to report their parents if they even "suspect" drug use. God bless america right!!!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
When my wife's son was in the 5 or 6th grade the DARE cops, showed bongs, pipes etc, and asked if anyone sees things like this at home. Her son came home laughing about it, what did the cops think everyone is st00pid. Some things are not for publication in school, smart kid, his Mom did a good job.

spurr

Veteran
Wow, once those little narcs are old enough to realize that cannabis isn't a real crime, they will hate themselves for what they did. Too bad they were taken advantage of by media, teachers, police, et al., to turn in their parents; it's not really their fault, they don't know any better yet (if their parents didn't teach them the truth about cannabis).

Sad story all the way around ... fuc*ing police and cannabis laws, breaking up families.

LetsSeeYa

When my kid was old enough to maybe know i was smoking, i just sat her down and explained how it helps my pain. Also, i told her if she ever got curious about it, i told her never to smoke anything she got from a friend or dealer. I told her it was medicine and not to use it, but if she was that curious i would give it to her so she would understand what it did. Well she turned 19 and ask so i did what i said i would. It freaked her out and said she would never touch it again. Now i made sure it was the most potent stuff i had and i made her toke up at home.

I knew one day she would figure out what i was doing so i told her when she was around 13 or 14. I didn't want her to think it was a bad thing and had its place. And it worked out just fine for me and her.

LSY

I

imnotkrazy

Hope the kids don't feel the pain they have caused, but they probably will find out the hard way - don't tell on daddy!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
When my wife's son was in the 5 or 6th grade the DARE cops, showed bongs, pipes etc, and asked if anyone sees things like this at home.

Dude that's totally fucked up.
angry-smiley-114.gif

dgr

...Well she turned 19 and ask so i did what i said i would. It freaked her out and said she would never touch it again. Now i made sure it was the most potent stuff i had and i made her toke up at home.

Wow. I was following along with you up to that point. Why the hell would anyone want to create a bad experience for someone around marijuana.

Iraganji

Having been born one of the lucky ones ( I was born to toke and ponder :D), I wonder sometimes what it must be like to be an unthinking, unquestioning, obeying person who won't dare stick their toes in "taboo" waters. What I see is horrifying. People wasting their whole lives doing and thinking only what they are told. Even worse, is often they also waste, harm and damage others lives.

Such is the case with this story. Are these kids future LEOs or what?