What's new

12 And 13-Year-Old Kids Turn In Dad For Marijuana Possession Say Police

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
SALT LAKE CITY -- Authorities say a Utah man was arrested after his two children called police to report that he had marijuana in the house.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports the man was charged Tuesday with two third-degree felony charges of child endangerment and one class B misdemeanor accusing him of possession of a controlled substance.

The man's name wasn't reported.

The newspaper says the man was found to have 23.9 grams, or almost an ounce, of marijuana in his Salt Lake City home.

Authorities say his children, ages 13 and 12, found the drug and called police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/kids-turn-in-dad-marijuana_n_891379.html

somebody is getting a time out!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
That's what happens when the Government gets involved in raising your kids.

Same with disciplining them.
You give 'em a slap - you get locked up for child abuse.

And that's why so many of today's kids definition of respect comes from MTV and not Mom & Pop.

Coco_nuts

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!? THE FUCK!!!!

Someone didnt educate their kids. I hear the Department of Education is fucking up the american intellect?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Kids just did what they were taught in public schools with dads money. What could b wrong with that. Good Zombies

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
my dad told me when i once threatened him with calling CPS "i may go to jail son but it wont be for life... when i get out ill kill you."

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
He might say to the kids "when I get out of jail, I'm breaking your plates cause you don't eat here anymore".

Littleleaf

Veteran
It OK to dope the childen up with ridelen(sp). Nothing like meth in pill form..here take two....
There's the endagerment.

POLICE STATE!!!!!

ijim

So they lock dad up. Mom spends the mortgage or grocery money on bond. Dad gets fired. Mom has to go to work at a hotel cleaning rooms. They lose the house and dad had to get a public defender instead of a real attorney and he gets a deal of one year in prison. Mom is desperate meets a man that will support her but hates the kids. The kids are abused and end up in foster homes. The judge, prosecutor and police sleep sound because they saved these kids from a cannabis user. Happens every day in the good ole USA.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
The kids got pissed at dads insitance on smoking swag. They turned him in, to drive home the point we want better quality smoke around the house DAD!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
my dad told me when i once threatened him with calling CPS "i may go to jail son but it wont be for life... when i get out ill kill you."
Watched a young 'lady' explain to her dad just what her rights were. Her teachers"told' her,She could call the po po anytime.
He just calmly told her she might wanna call EMS first. Ended that hissy fit..

This breaks my heart. Obviously he failed as a parent because he didn't teach and encourage his kids to communicate with him. My kid is in the dark too about mj in the house, and that same age range, but my kid would question and talk to me about it before calling the police because we talk about everything. Communication is key to happy relationships... friends, family, lovers, coworkers, employees or whatever.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
That's what happens when the Government gets involved in raising your kids.

Same with disciplining them.
You give 'em a slap - you get locked up for child abuse.

And that's why so many of today's kids definition of respect comes from MTV and not Mom & Pop.

EXACTAMUNDO!

I've taught my son alot about the herb. I swear, the kid is wise beyond his years, 13 going on 30! :)

I get a huge surge of pride everytime people meet my son, their first reaction is "He's so respectful!". At least I know I did one thing right raising him, no? ;)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
EXACTAMUNDO!

I've taught my son alot about the herb. I swear, the kid is wise beyond his years, 13 going on 30! :)

I get a huge surge of pride everytime people meet my son, their first reaction is "He's so respectful!". At least I know I did one thing right raising him, no? ;)

Kids The only job that truly matters IMHO