What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Flo Grow

Forgot to add, I topped the Monkey's yesterday. One had a juicy ALL PURPLE center. Seen this on my purple Merlin mother and one sister of the Gorilla Grape dad used in this cross.

Attachments

• Magic Monkey DWC 12-12 from seed 14 days old_04.jpg
    Magic Monkey DWC 12-12 from seed 14 days old_04.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 16

lefthanded roll

:bow: been following this 12-12 from seed,so decided to give it a try. 1 bagseed, 1sour cream, 1sweet tai. under 150w+70w hps in dyi box 24x30x54. heres my problem they're growing good, bagseed 13-15ins and bushy,other two kinda tall 27ins-25ins. been in 3gal each. started early to mid july, not showing sex yet the sc,st are fem seeds just curious as to how long until they show? is anyone growing these strains with method? any advice r input welcomed

Flo Grow

What's up LHR !?
The consensus is that it takes at least 3 - 4 weeks to show sex, so you should be expecting to tell at any time now.
Good luck with your grow !

Metal Mike

Alright, it's officially been four weeks since germination. All my plants are flowering, and very nicely. I switched them to a different kind of fertilizer. Dry food, gotta look at the bag to see what the balance is, but not getting up. Anyways. All the plants are about 10" tall and are budding half way down the stalk for most. I pruned the shit out of them last night and left one or two lower fan leaves on each, and all of the upper new fan leaves. I discovered a random plant popping up after I trimmed one plant. That was pretty funny, pulled the little bastard out and planted him in another pot. Either way, the 12/12 is going great and thus far extremely satisfied. I predict another 30-40 days before harvest. Some of that time is just letting some get couch-lock and flushing, etc. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted. Soon as I can, I will post the pictures that I have taken since germination. It's a great collection of visual data from germination to harvest.

lefthanded roll

:jump::jump::jump: is there anyone outthere? no help , thought this was a info sharing type of thing. dont have many post but been lurking a long time. so i know theres an answer:thank you:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many times a full on sativa 12/12 from seed will stall out for a period of time once it has germinated. From what I see, it is filling it's root space before it continues on. Once this is done, it seems they will take off from there. It may be that you are seeing some of this initial stall in your plants.
Have they started stretching at all?

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lefthanded, plants can take some pretty rough abuse, but they can be permanently damaged if you go about it the wrong way. You can start now by tying the stalk down a little bit, and increase every day or so. It will eventually go where you place it with ties. But, be sure not to get too anxious and pull one over too far too fast, as it could break it if it is too far along.
You can also supercrop the plant, but again you need to study up and do it right. Supercropping takes some bravery since you have to severely damage the stalk by smashing it together and rolling it to make it soft and pulpy, and then bending the stalk gently over 90 degrees.

Great thread. I think i'm sold why bother with autos when you can flower a plant in the same time, with less light, a higher potency, and bigger yield.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I got a 12\12 from seed grow starting with random seeds I got left in my fridge for too long.
All are indica sativa hybrids, most are more to the sativa side.
They all marked 7-9 weeks flowering if I recall correctly.

Growing in soil (probably organic), how many liters of soil should I give each to prevent root binding?

Would 4-5L per plant do?

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Great thread. I think i'm sold why bother with autos when you can flower a plant in the same time, with less light, a higher potency, and bigger yield.
For outdoor grows when you can't flip the sun to 12\12 when you plant your seeds.

l33t

Veteran
hi all

I did try to start seeds with 10/14 from day 1 and didn't see much if any improvement esp in regards to speed during the first weeks compared to 12/12 from seed or 1 week vegged plants. The seedlings can really use the extra hrs of light esp if you work with a plant that has little or zero sativa genetics.
Generally speaking I think few days/1 week veg is gonna work better than 10/14 from seed and so will 12/12 from seed with most plants.If one wants to speed things up one could try to start 12/12 or 11/13 from seed or even give a week veg , but then go 10/14 and even finish plants with 9/15 or 8/16 (lights on/off). The less hrs of light usually bring less yields..So it all depends on what one wants to do..
But when using less hrs of light its good to have enough light for the plant to flower and finish fast.

420tyme

i started my first 12/12 from seed on the 16th she ( hopefully ) broke soil on the 19th

she seems kind of small

is she small cause from starting at 12/12 ?

also can you do lst on 12/12 from seed grows ?

i have a pic but i dont know how to post it

could you also please tell me how to do that ? much thanks

oh i got it now , lol

so is that to small of a plant from starting 12/12 on the 16th ( aug ) ?

it broke soil on the 19th !!!

Attachments

• 0825001827.jpg
    0825001827.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 16

420tyme

this is my baby at 10 days old

im trying a little lst on her cuz i only have about 36 to 40" of height !!

this is my first 12/12 from seed grow

i hope it works out all good !!!!

the 2nd pic was taken yesterday , day 9

and the last pic was taken today , 8-29-10

also can someone tell me why that one leaf is drooped over like that ?

im using mg soil under 2 26wt cfl`s ( 2700k ) for now

i will put more over them a little later !!

Attachments

• 0828101333.jpg
    0828101333.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 0828101336.jpg
    0828101336.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 14
  • T&T
    T&T
    6.2 KB · Views: 62

Metal Mike

Alright, here's an update with photos. This is all random bagseed. I lost two plants due to male, and one plant to hermie. The plants all germinated by the third day, showed sex on day 22-24, and have been flowering for a little more than a week now. Just a couple photos from start to where I am now. I appologize for some of the quality of the pictures. I also started LST approx. a week or so ago. They're adjusting nicely. I am currently on day 38 from germination.