What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
some nice looking plants in here amazing what can be achieved from 12/12 and i also think some strains do better than others

peace

727JoN

i have one going in 12/12 from seed right now as well, i wanted to do it for the FFA cup comp, but i was too late...whatever lol.

Its at day 21 now, ill take pictures in an hour before lights come on.

John Deere

Veteran
727JoN--it's not too late to join the FTA beer cup fun. If your plant's still in a beer cup and been running 12/12 the whole time then post some pictures in the thread. The more the merrier.

727JoN

well hot damn!!! i wish i knew that, i saw the cutoff date early on in the thread and lost hope from there, lol. Its already been transplanted into a coffee can anyway. but ill definitely check out the thread and see how everyone is doing. i wont miss the next one.

727JoN

i put up some beer cup pictures in the FFA thead, and here is the one I was talking about that has been 12/12 from seed.

Picture002.jpg

dunno what day its on, but its showed female which is always good. sorry about the hid bars too.

B

bbrolle

very inspirnig thread, I am forced to 12/12 from seed because 3 of mine 4 plant showed to be male and I am running out of time . I have started 6 more on 12/12 from seed and looked on the forum for some info on what result to aspect. Thank you for a great forum and lot of info . I will post some pictures of comparison later on.

John Deere

Veteran
bbrolle--Check out our FTA thread that 727JoN mentioned, too. It's all 12/12 in beer cups. I've got 5 little seedlings going strong--still waiting for them to show their sex.

Metal Mike

Journal 213

Journal 213

1) your experience level...

2) Lighting...

3) Container size...

4) Soil recipe/mix...

5) Watering schedule...

6) Nutrients used...

7) Time until sexing...

8) Total flower time...

9) Conclusion...

1.)
General newbie, although have attempted two harvests outdoors unsuccessfully so have decided to move indoors into a small compact unit.

2.)
07/19 All plants from germination are on a 24hr cycle from germination using 400w HPS located 13" from tops of pot.
07/26 Hight of the HPS increased to 19"
07/29 Plants begin 12/12 under HPS starting 8am and ending 8pm
08/04 Plants are switched from 400w HSP to 400w MH. The "lights on period has been extended to midnight for this evening only."

3.)
Using 1.5qt circular plastic containers.

4.)
Used general potting soil for flowers. I added 1 cup of 10-10-10 blend of plant food to the mixture at the time of spiking the football.

5.)
My watering schedule is every monday with a nute mix explained later. Occasionally when the soil becomes so dry I can stick my entire finger into it and theres no moisture, I will pour a small amount of bottled water around the edge of the container.

6.)

Nutes were imposed right at potting the soil. 1tsp 10-10-10/1gal water was mixed and 1 cup of the mixture was added to the soil and mixed thoroughly prior to planting.
Since, that same formula has been used to water the plants weekly.

7.)
It has currently been 12 days and sex is still not distinguishable.

Below is the composition of my notes thus far:

07/19 Planted 12 assorted seeds. Used 1tsp/1gal water. 1gal mix divided between 12 1.5qt containers. Virgo All Purpose Plant Food (10-10-10) and Organic Potting Soil.

07/26 All seeds have germinated (8.) All plants are on 2nd tier (of leaves.) Moved light up 6" to reduce heat and soil drying. Chain is now at 19". Previously at 13".

07/28 Four out of seven plants have all produced third set of leaves. The length of 1st set of leaves avgs. 1.46" (11.75/8.) The outliers are 2.0" and 1.25". Mode is 1.5".

07/29 All plants have begun 12/12 @8pm. Lights out between 8pm - 8am. All plants with the exception of plant 5 have produced 3rd set.

08/02 All plants watered. All plants have produced their 4th set of leaves. 3rd set of leaves have produced 5 bladed leaves (unlike any harvest produced outdoors.) Average length of 2nd set of leaves is now 2.5".

08/03 On plants 4,6,7 fourth set of leaves are showing 7 blades

08/04 All plants are producing leaves at the 1st segment. Plants 3, 7 are producing leaves at 2nd segments as well.
Lighting has been extended for today until 1:01am.
Lights changed from HSP to MH.
Hight of light extended to 29".
Embryonic leaves starting to yellow
Plants 1,2 have also producd 7 blade leaves on their 4th set. Some of the 1st of leaves have now become shaded and have begun to show less vigor.
Plants 1,2,4,6,7,8 have all begun producing 5th set of leaves
The avg. length of 2nd set is 3".

Grow Chart is as follows (in inches:)
Date 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
07/26 2 1.5 2 2 .5 2.5 1.5 1
07/28 2 1.75 2.25 2 1.25 2.75 2 1.25
07/29 2.25 2 2.5 2.25 1.25 3 2.25 1.5
08/01 2.75 2.25 3.25 2.75 1.5 3.5 2.5 1.75
08/02 3 2.5 3.25 2.75 1.5 3.5 2.75 2
08/04 3 2.75 3.25 3 1.5 3.75 3.25 2.5
I will continue adding to this as the grow goes along. I have tons of pictures I will post when I get the opportunity.
I will attempt in my power to replicate this grow as thoroughly as possible.
:laughing:

Metal Mike

Some of you are having pathetic production just to save 2 week!!
It doenst make sence seeing some pictures...

I'm on 2.5 weeks of 12/12 from seed and my plants are an average of 4.5" producing 7 bladed leaves and look immaculate :) I'm a noob as well, but I did my homework and some pregrows outdoors. I'm definitely stoked about this method. In comparison to my out door grow logs I've kept for the previous two, these plants are destroying. The plants are nothing special, just bag seed. By the leaves it looks to definitely be sativa dom. Anyways, those shitty looking plants were because of shitty care. Not 12/12. Those pictures are a result of ignorant people that don't know what they're doing posting pics of their first grow. I saw them too, I laughed. I literally got up and carried my laptop to my cab and compared their pics to my plants and laughed. Whatever dude, talk shit when you've grown 12/12 and failed. Not gonna happen. Smoke a bowl nilga. Peace.

727JoN

12/12 is the shit from seed or clone. mine is at day 22 and is definitely over a foot tall with budsites popping up everywhere. and its bagseed.

BeaverHuntr

im doing 1 12/12 from seed plant it is of purple maroc(indica pheno) and it is not growing like most of the plants in this thread bushing out very very well its about 3 weeks old no pre flowers yet and its being grown in a small dwc bubbling bucket.theres pics of it in this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3705793#post3705793...cant wait to see how she does with yeild

I will also be using DWC bubbleponics in a 5 gal bucket. So what you are saying is that you can go to 12/12 right after germination? Thanks 1st time grower here just waiting for my beans.

ibjamming

Veteran
I will also be using DWC bubbleponics in a 5 gal bucket. So what you are saying is that you can go to 12/12 right after germination? Thanks 1st time grower here just waiting for my beans.

Don't do that unless you have no room for the plant to grow a bit. 12/12 from seed is usually for guys doing a micro grow or people with severe space restrictions. you won't get much yield.

BeaverHuntr

Don't do that unless you have no room for the plant to grow a bit. 12/12 from seed is usually for guys doing a micro grow or people with severe space restrictions. you won't get much yield.

Thanks man .. I'd take a bong rip for you if I were home right now ! Madden came out today ... Bong rips and Madden = good times and stony vibes!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
12/12 from seed is exactly that as soon as they pop they go on 12/12 light cycle

and as for 12/12 is shit yield i invite you too browse my blue cheese diary in dwc

link is in my sig

peace

ibjamming

Veteran
I'm happy for you...if you had let it veg for a month or two...your yield could have been 10X what you got.

If you'd like to compare your 12/12 from seed yield with plants that are trees because they were vegged a few months...let's do it! You got an ounce per plant...let it veg a couple of months and you can get a pound.

Don't confuse the newer guys. The difference in yield between 12/12 from seed and letting it veg for a few months is staggering... You are doing EXACTLY what I said...growing in a tight space...that's why you go for autos and went 12/12 from seed.

You're did well with your 12/12 from seed grow...but IF you had the room to let it veg for a month or two, you'd have monster yields. It's the way it is...longer veg time = bigger plants = bigger yields. It's the way it works.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
not everybody gets off on growing big plants

id rather have 8 oz of mxed variety weed over 8 oz of weed from 1 plant

and then there is the benifits of growing on 12/12 from seed

because of the constant light cycle you can grow plants at any time of the grow the same applies with autos, you can get a continuous harvest without having to worry about changes in light cycles

all this can be achieved in the same grow room, no need for veg and flower cabs ;)

depending on when i start my seeds i could have 4 - 8 oz every 4 weeks by staggering the germination of my seeds and all grown in the same cab

then theres the issue of grow space not everybody wants to convert their rooms into grow operations so sometimes growing more smaller plants out weighs the benefits of growing 1 bigger plant, i could have 4 smaller plants that out yield your 1 big plant

it was 93g just over 3 oz off 2 plants but if i doubled up to 4 plants it would of been 6 oz plus in short grow time while your still waiting for your bigger plants to finish, and im on with the next grow

growing big plants is easy anybody can do it, but it dont appeal to everybody

id rather have a bigger range of fresh weed on a more constant basis then wait 3-4 months for 1 plant

just my opinion

and why have you come into the 12/12 from seed section trying to tell people how to grow their plants, did you stop to think that we all might be in this section for a reason,

and maybe thats what you should do, do your own thing and let the 12/12ers do theirs

peace

Man read a little and try to find some common sense...

Man read a little and try to find some common sense...

Hi everyone, great resource this thread.

I was considering using this 12/12 from seed method in my new closet grow I'm brainstorming right now. At first I was going to have a veg and flower section, but for simplicity's sake, and from other's advice, I don't think this will work in this space.

Here are some pics:
http://bayimg.com/GAMMDaAcC
http://bayimg.com/GAMmHaACc
http://bayimg.com/gAMMIAACc

I'm curious as to what people think about this space as regards to ventilation and lighting. Would a 250w HPS (w/ hood fan) be too much heat for this space? My default plan is to go with a 150w HPS with hood fan (if such a thing exists, the hood fan that is for 150w) and also some CFL bulbs intersperced in the area as well. Would a fan blowing in the upper portion of the closet be enough air circulation to discourage mold formation? I was going to leave the closet door open during the day and the bedroom door closed so that the air shouldn't be too stagnant, hopefully, since there is no window in this bedroom, the air coming from the heat/A/C vent will be enough fresh air along with the fan. I don't think humidity will be a problem as the lights tend to dry the place out I noticed during a full bedroom grow with a 1000w HPS, I needed to have a humidifier running 24h to keep it in the 40-60% range.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I hate to be a jerk but seriously - it's a closet of clothes with some shelves. Maybe you should spend more time looking at other people's handiwork and designs before busting out a camera to show people what we all have 'closets'.

No offense - or bad rep - just a tip. Read read read - and when your tired of reading look for video's online - or read some more.

Peace and good luck.

Flo Grow

12/12 from seed !!

12/12 from seed !!

4 Magic Monkey 14 days old from seed, on the right side. This is a cross I made from Outlaw's Magic Merlin(f) x Gorilla Grape(m).

4 Elite Ultimate ChemDawg 08 S1's in the cooler on the left. Just put them in there yesterday.

All 8 plants going 12/12 from seed in 12gal Igloo coolers with 5in Net pots. Two 14 inch air stones in each cooler too.

Water temps are 66F
PH 6.0 (left side) and 5.8 (right side)
PPM 83 (left side) and 425 (right side)
400W Hortilux HPS
Ambient air temp 86F

Attachments

• Ultimate ChemDawg 08 S1's 12gal DWC Day 0_01.JPG
    Ultimate ChemDawg 08 S1's 12gal DWC Day 0_01.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Ultimate ChemDawg 08 S1's 12gal DWC Day 0_02.JPG
    Ultimate ChemDawg 08 S1's 12gal DWC Day 0_02.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 16