What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

dub 6

Lord Doobie said:
RECAP
1) Yes, it's the same technique as used in nature/outdoor grows (12/12)
2) Yes, your plant will be as short as it's going to get (good for micro grows)
3) Yes, it works with hybrid strains, purebreds, bagseed, F1, etc...
4) Yes, your potency will not be affected
5) Yes, your yield will be lower than vegging (for example 1oz vs. 3oz from vegging)
6) Yes, your plant will show sex around 25 days
7) Yes, it's quicker enabling you to make up for lost yield by growing another crop during the year
8) Yes, you may get a runt somewhere but that's probably normal due to genetics and/or bad seeds
9) Yes, always being 12/12, you can add new plants at any time (you'll need to figure out your lighting since their heights will be different)
10) Yes, it's a more efficient use of electricity with lights being off half the time and hence more "green" for the environment

I just read all 82 pages...Feel free to correct me if I goofed
Perhaps c & p this every once in a while for our lazy friends...

so what's with the nute regime?

Lord Doobie

good q...I've added more stuff to the recap
I'm passive hydro so I didn't pay much attention to the nutes as this is a soil grow technique
Hal from the front page:
just plain PH'ed water first 5 weeks, Pureblend Pro Flowering formula for soil, every 3rd watering (about once per week), at the recommended strength on the container. Flushed last 2 weeks by only watering with plain water.

yes but im aware of that stuff XD

but yeah im a big boy i like reading so i went thru all the 80 pages again. i was looking for all the strain reviews. lol

jrw

Lord Doobie said:
I'm seeing a pattern in long threads...especially the 60-120 page ones

they read the first 3 pages, get exhausted, then post their question

you end up seeing the same question over and over again through the long thread

I have no idea what the remedy would be...
The solution is a more active role played by the owner of post #1.

In that post, the collective experiences should be summed up.

That's the cool way to build knowledge in a forum.

gc4life

12/12 Strain Report: Indica bagseed by:Unknown

1) Experience level:Novice, I guess.

2) Lighting: 3 42w CFLs (more to be added soon)

3) Container size: 18inx18inx60in

4) Soil recipe/mix: Unknown, used generic potting soil

5) Watering schedule: Water when needed (usually once every other day)

6) Nutrients used: So far, none. But Foxfarm bloom mutes are soon to be implemented

7) Time until sexing: 4 weeks

8) Total flower time: N/A, still growing

9) Conclusion: So far, so good. The plant is growing nice and short, no adverse health effects (even without the nutes), no droopiness, no nothing. Just a happy plant about 5 weeks old, and starting its second week of flowering.

And it's pure indica. Fat leaves, short thick bushiness. Good stuff. It's growing nice and healthy, and responding to 12/12 growing very well. For anyone concerned with indicas response to 12/12 growing, don't sweat it.

so its just a guess of mine, but i guess these plants in this method should start in the biggest pot possible??? that way they have whatever amount of room they need to get big....maybe thats why we get "runts" every so often because people are doing this in 20oz containers or whatever?? I wanna try this and I think i'm gonna put them in like three gallon pots or something...or transplant during flower...

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Gc4life, have u ever heard is using urine for a nutrient. Works really good and it's free! There used to a big thread about it back on OG, comparison pics and the pee plant was very lush dark green and bushier than the other plant. Just saying your gonna wanna be sure to give that baby nitrogen or else you'll drop all your fan leaves early like I did on my first succesful indoor. Actually I don't know if that actually negatively effected the plant at all I think it may have just used the leaves like food sorry for rambling first bowl of the day lol

gc4life

Finklsteinshtkd, I started the seed in a little cup of dirt and transplanted to a 3 gallon grow bag when it got big enough, just like any other method of growing.

A-Loc, I have heard about using whiz (though not much) as a nitrogen supplement, but considering I've got the rest of my grow supplies coming in tomorrow and the next day, I think I'll stick with peeing in the toilet. >.>

B

bagseed77

12/12 from seed,showed sex at 26 days , transplanted after sex,
topped early at the 3rd node, topped again
like 30 or so days old now

Last edited:
Skywalker x Chrystal and Buddahs Sister x Chrystal , pots 1,5l
11923SkyxChrystal_BSxC_.gif

Skywalker x Chrystal , pot 3l
11923DSC01202-med.jpg

Buddahs Sister x Chrystal,pot 3l
11923Budda_Syster_x_Chrystal.jpg

D

doubledotdank

I don't believe that it is recommended topping plants that are already flowering....bad move if you ask me

T

tricky

this is a great way to test new crosses just started ao x c99 and goothunder this way

oldschool55

oldschool55

Very interesting method I was not aware of. I am currently growing indoors in a shed with 600W HPS and 4-40w cfl for perimeter and underbud. I have two Nirvana bubblelicious, one Nivana AK-48 and one Nirvana freebie Sam Skunkman x haze. Now at day 32 flower, getting extremely crowded, especially battling the skunk x haze, which really looks strongly sativa and is growing like a beast. I have to keep tieing branches down to keep within grow height limit. I purposely ordered low growing indica but the of course had to grow out the freebie seed. Just finishing collecting pollen from the best bub male, and plan on pollinating the indica females in about a week, the skunk sativa is taking much longer to develop, seems to be 2-3 weeks behind the indica though all started same day, same lighting.

The bubblelicious plants are beautiful, and AK is almost as good, so crossing with the male bub will keep that seed strain, I am very interested in crossing the bub with the skunk x haze plant to try to breed in a shorter plant with quicker flower time.

All that being said, the 12/12 method might be the ticket for my grow setup, once I have a successful seed batch, I think I'll give it a try. I think the bubblelicious would be a good choice, and if successful with crossing with the sativa, that could be a very interesting new genetic pool to grow. I appreciate the information and look forward to trying it out.

LilMan72003

Oldschool55 before committing your crop solely to this method, I highly suggest you try an experimental run through. As highly reputed growers such as motaco (page 4 of this thread) have stated, this method CAN backfire. The genetics of some plants simply require the necessary vegetative time, and devoting an entire crop to the 12/12 method could prove disastrous.