What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Great thread, jrw's pictures in particular have inspired me to throw some Sensi Silver Haze under 12/12 from seed. I'll do my best in attempting to recreate those single pot mini SCROGs!

Hello Mutaco, appreciate your post. Seems to be a fairly hot topic. I'm interested due to constrained growing conditions. Currently growing nirvana AK48, ;bubblelicious and a freebie from sam skunk x haze. All plants are in day 35 of flower, but sativa cross is far behind and will probably take at leas two more months to mature. Since the other plants will finish 6 weeks earlier than the sativa, I thought once they are removed, I could put some clones into 12/12 along with the remaining sativa to test out this method of growing. Suggestions?

Wilson!

rescued from adrift at sea

rescued from adrift at sea

Dang this thread is the goods. I'm gonna 12/12 out of the shoot and make it a verticle grow as well. It'll be a 400hps all the way in a tent 32.5"x32.5"x63". I have 12 gangly limby NL's into week 1 of flower. For the hell of it I ran them 24/0 for 30 days then 24 of dark and then 12/12. My lil space is maxed out. I pulled 2 males today. So there is a bit more room. They were all over eachother. I have 10 White Widow to go into this with. Thanks Atmosphere and all the leading spirits who share so much. Chomping at the bit to get this new grow going.

cheers
Wilson!

wish in one hand and shit in the other. see what fills up first.

great thread, I currently have SSH - Haze#1 - Strawberry Haze and Nevilles Haze growing right now, they're only 3 days old and ive had them on 18/6. I think I may have started too many plants considering the space I have, im growing in Coco and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these plants using 12/12 from seed, I really want to give it a go, opinions appreciated.

vod said:
what do you feed them? Are they in soil or in coco?
1st time only water,when bloom started Pokon for cactus,recommended dose + pinch of MgSO4 each third water
They are in soil
I can say ,what 1,5l is very small volume.Use pots with volume 3l and more....and will you happiness

FreeFall

Cannasmoke I currently have 9 nirvana k2 on 12/12 in one rubbermaid bucket. I read in here or maybe @ 420 SpeeCees and atmosphere talked about starting out with hps,because I have a ak48 at 26 days flower thats what i did. mucho stretch until i put them under floros,but then they acted just fine. as of last night i could pick out about 5 girls but still dont see any males. also i used a 2nd run tea bag with 8-4-1 guano and earths superswell to jump start them and so far everything is working out......FreeFall

I have 10 plants under a 1000w HPS, and they are currently on day 12 from seed. The thing is, they still haven't even grown a set of true leaves yet. I had them in small plastic cups thinking that it would suffice until I transplanted them into bigger pots. I just got all of them into 1 gallon pots except for 3 of them, which I will finish tomorrow. My question is, did I completely fuck up here and stunt the growth? And if so, how bad is it going to effect my yield? Please somebody, help a brotha out! :pimp3:

Cannasmoke I currently have 9 nirvana k2 on 12/12 in one rubbermaid bucket. I read in here or maybe @ 420 SpeeCees and atmosphere talked about starting out with hps,because I have a ak48 at 26 days flower thats what i did. mucho stretch until i put them under floros,but then they acted just fine. as of last night i could pick out about 5 girls but still dont see any males. also i used a 2nd run tea bag with 8-4-1 guano and earths superswell to jump start them and so far everything is working out......FreeFall

did you give the plants any veg time at all? ive had them on 12/12 for a day now and im really undecided whether or not its a good idea to have them on 12/12 as soon as they break soil, I was on 18/6 for the first 2-3 days, shoud I revert back for maybe another week or 2 before its too late?

anymore help on this would be appreciated immensly guys.

l33t

Veteran
Hi all I ve been experimenting with 'flowering from seed' quite few years now

conclusions:

all strain can be grown with this method but

sativas /sat dominant strains give better results , ind dom strains don't perform well but it depends on strain , pure indicas need their veg

growing from seed 12/12 is not much different than vegging a week then flipping to 12/12 .. in both cases you can start sexing the plants as early as day 16-17 (males) . I count days from the day the seedling breaks the soil .

I 've noticed that although it would be more logical to see that the plants that didn't get a week veg should start sexing faster , many times the ones that get a week veg still catch up and again start showing sex by as early as day 16 (males).

Last edited:
Hi all I ve been experimenting with 'flowering from seed' quite few years now

conclusions:

all strain can be grown with this method but

sativas /sat dominant strains give better results , ind dom strains don't perform well but it depends on strain , pure indicas need their veg

growing from seed 12/12 is not much different than vegging a week then flipping to 12/12 .. in both cases you can start sexing the plants as early as day 16-17 (males) . I count days from the day the seedling breaks the soil .

I 've noticed that although it would be more logical to see that the plants that didn't get a week veg should start sexing faster , many times the ones that get a week veg still catch up and again start showing sex by as early as day 16 (males).

thanks for the input, what sativa strain's have you grown this way? I have Nevilles Haze, Haze#1 and SSH.

Cannasmoke,

Here is a couple of bagseeds. They were on 18/6 for about a week and then were forced to flower. They were harvested quite early, on the 78th day, with a poor yield and taste.

Last edited:

l33t

Veteran
cannasmoke
I 've tried few landrace pure sativas like African RooiBart & from sat dom hybrids SSH and MangoHaze . SSH and MH performed great really. I 've grown Neville's Haze but I grew it 12/12 from clone not seed so it doesn't count tho I d like to say this is a perfect candidate for flowering from seed as its a late finisher, over 13-14weeks. The more sat in the blood the better thats for sure.

Other sat/ind hybrids I tried flowering from seed , but are less sat dominant so not as good for 12/12 from seed , include La Nina (its Widow x Haze , and has some quite sat dom phenos in the mix) , AK47 , G13xSkunk#1 (performed quite well) , 'A11 G' x Blueberry , 'A11 G' x ICE Princess
From the more indica leaning ones I tried Critical Mass , Early Queen , Flo and few others these didnt perform as well either.

Generally I think strains that take over 70-75 days to finish (when flowering seedplants not clones) are the ones that do well when flowered from seed. Anything faster and you start loosing yields imo.

Here are few pics from my SSH that were flowered from seed:

day 60 from seed:

day 73 from seed:

86 day from seed (ssh is the plant in the middle):

closeup day 86 again:

Last edited:
Anybody? Someone, please help me out with some info or advice! I'm totally bummed by this! :pimp3:

I have 10 plants under a 1000w HPS, and they are currently on day 12 from seed. The thing is, they still haven't even grown a set of true leaves yet. I had them in small plastic cups thinking that it would suffice until I transplanted them into bigger pots. I just got all of them into 1 gallon pots except for 3 of them, which I will finish tomorrow. My question is, did I completely fuck up here and stunt the growth? And if so, how bad is it going to effect my yield? Please somebody, help a brotha out! :pimp3:

beejium

here's one i grew under 12/12 as a test to see how things would work in my basement. the plant got abused really bad, but still didn't do too terrible. total yield was 20g dry. sorry about the poor image all i have right now is my crappy cell phone.

cannasmoke
I 've tried few landrace pure sativas like African RooiBart & from sat dom hybrids SSH and MangoHaze . SSH and MH performed great really. I 've grown Neville's Haze but I grew it 12/12 from clone not seed so it doesn't count tho I d like to say this is a perfect candidate for flowering from seed as its a late finisher, over 13-14weeks. The more sat in the blood the better thats for sure.

Other sat/ind hybrids I tried flowering from seed , but are less sat dominant so not as good for 12/12 from seed , include La Nina (its Widow x Haze , and has some quite sat dom phenos in the mix) , AK47 , G13xSkunk#1 (performed quite well) , 'A11 G' x Blueberry , 'A11 G' x ICE Princess
From the more indica leaning ones I tried Critical Mass , Early Queen , Flo and few others these didnt perform as well either.

Generally I think strains that take over 70-75 days to finish (when flowering seedplants not clones) are the ones that do well when flowered from seed. Anything faster and you start loosing yields imo.

day 60 from seed:

day 73 from seed:

closeup day 86 again:

thanks for the reply man! it was actually your SSH from 12/12 that gave me that little inspiration, im going ahead with it, thanks all.

cannasmoke

day 60 from seed:

day 73 from seed:

closeup day 86 again:

LOOK AT THAT KNIFE. :) thats a big knife.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Near the end of this short thread i grew 5 Sassyfrass 12/12 from seed with good results for 135 gramme dry bud.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65226

Worked well with this cross of blueberry with a heavy indica , shape totally different from a well veged plant from seed and an efficient use of space , very short plants with a tiny footprint.