What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
The last pic in the grow journal is one massive-budding plant.
Is that the one that yielded 8oz?

Yes. That is the one. It is missing a couple of branches that fell down during the final days when I ran out of yo yo strings :biggrin:
Those branches came to 38g dry. So the plant as pictured would have about 7.5 ounces on it. Total weight ended up being 256g after I'd found another branch on the floor of the drying box. :biggrin:

I think the last plant (currently drying) will yield even more as well.

Attached is a pic of the last plant hanging in a 60x60x140cm dry box.

What do you think?

Attachments

• sm47 hanging.jpg
    sm47 hanging.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 34

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I will definitely try that strain. I noticed a bunch of different breeders provide that seed strain, which one was your choice? Many differences? I have another question. Are auto plants better for 12/12 vs fems? I ran 2 autos which didn't yield to great but that was years ago. Any other good 12/12's would be great.

the somango47 I ran was from Positronics.

I'd not expect too much from auto's if you do them 12/12. In my experience the more light auto's get the better. With fems it seems to be different but like I said it could just be the strain which is supposedly good for 12/12 in terms of yield.

The auto I just finished doing 12/12 yielded down toward the bottom end of what the breeders range for instance. That suited me as I wanted to keep the plant a bit smaller than it was meant to be as it was one of those xxl auto's from Dinafem that can get quite big. At 12/12 it still got big but not appreciably bigger than the rest of the canopy. If I wanted good yield on auto's I'd give them 20/4 or even 24/0 light all the way through their cycle.

I wonder if that guy who keeps saying I make big claims and doesn't believe me will believe this small end of average claim instead? Not all 12/12 grows yield heavy you know. :ying:
:laughing:

jd4083

Veteran
the somango47 I ran was from Positronics.

I'd not expect too much from auto's if you do them 12/12. In my experience the more light auto's get the better. With fems it seems to be different but like I said it could just be the strain which is supposedly good for 12/12 in terms of yield.

The auto I just finished doing 12/12 yielded down toward the bottom end of what the breeders range for instance. That suited me as I wanted to keep the plant a bit smaller than it was meant to be as it was one of those xxl auto's from Dinafem that can get quite big. At 12/12 it still got big but not appreciably bigger than the rest of the canopy. If I wanted good yield on auto's I'd give them 20/4 or even 24/0 light all the way through their cycle.

I wonder if that guy who keeps saying I make big claims and doesn't believe me will believe this small end of average claim instead? Not all 12/12 grows yield heavy you know. :ying:
:laughing:

This forum is rife with exaggeration if not outright lies and a good portion of its regular posters are drug-addled lunatics who live in a fantasy world and compulsively lie. I'm not saying this is you, I'm simply giving some context to why I have a hard time believing some of the larger claims on icmag/elsewhere. That old adage about how fishermen and politicians are born to lie could be adapted to include pot growers too, at least in terms of yield estimates.

I already said there is no way to prove or disprove what you are claiming so it's really not worth arguing about. Like I said, regardless of what you yielded, you did a good job and those look like nice plants. Take care.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
This forum is rife with exaggeration if not outright lies (examples please or I call bullshit) and a good portion of its regular posters are drug-addled lunatics who live in a fantasy world and compulsively lie. (Name names or you are a proven lying coward) I'm not saying this is you ( I don't give a fuck what you think at this point mate :laughing:)
, I'm simply giving some context to why I have a hard time believing some of the larger claims on icmag/elsewhere. That old adage about how fishermen and politicians are born to lie could be adapted to include pot growers too, at least in terms of yield estimates. (yeah some old 'truism' about something entirely different is adequate justification for you insulting the majority of ICMAG members.

I already said there is no way to prove or disprove what you are claiming so it's really not worth arguing about. (you are doing a pretty good job of it though nonetheless :ying:)

Like I said, regardless of what you yielded, you did a good job and those look like nice plants. Take care.

Finally a part of your post that is not utter shite. Well done. Or was that last bit a mistake? :moon:

jd4083

Veteran
Finally a part of your post that is not utter shite. Well done. Or was that last bit a mistake? :moon:

I tried to be cordial about it, but I guess you're too childish to follow suit. If you recall, I mentioned that you did a good job in my very first post. Have a good one.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I tried to be cordial about it, but I guess you're too childish to follow suit. If you recall, I mentioned that you did a good job in my very first post. Have a good one.

was it you trying to be cordial by saying (and I quote :laughing:) 'This forum is rife with exaggeration if not outright lies and a good portion of its regular posters are drug-addled lunatics who live in a fantasy world and compulsively lie.'

If that is you trying to be cordial then I suggest you try harder.
:tiphat:

ps -
are you going to post some of your own 12/12 thoughts on this thread or are you just here to insult/troll people?

jd4083

Veteran
was it you trying to be cordial by saying (and I quote :laughing:) 'This forum is rife with exaggeration if not outright lies and a good portion of its regular posters are drug-addled lunatics who live in a fantasy world and compulsively lie.'

If that is you trying to be cordial then I suggest you try harder.
:tiphat:

ps -
are you going to post some of your own 12/12 thoughts on this thread or are you just here to insult/troll people?

I'd say the moderators can remove my posts from this thread at their discretion if they so desire. I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to this thread from my own stable, so I'll step back so as not to take things any more off track. However, the nature of a discussion forum is that everything is up for debate, so take that as you will. I'm an overgrow refuge originally so maybe I've just been around longer to see the bullshit that you apparently don't. I can promise you that the vast majority of people who have also been around that long here on ICM agree with me in that regard.

If there was some way for you to definitively prove that you really did yield that much, I would be the first person to congratulate you and rescind my previous statements. That's because I'm an adult who can have a discussion on the internet without taking it personally and getting defensive.

Anyways, I edited this post so as to not cause a further stir and detract from the information that this thread does contain. like I said, take care and enjoy.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I'd say the moderators can remove my posts from this thread at their discretion if they so desire. I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to this thread.......

I'd just have left it there if I were you. I mean when you are in a hole the first thing you do is to stop digging.' :laughing:

v1ru5

jd4083 said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm an overgrow refuge originally so maybe I've just been around longer to see the bullshit that you apparently don't.[/FONT]
I am an overgrow refugee also but that's no excuse to call the proof provided in this thread bullshit, when it's obvious that some growers can make this work exceptionally, while others will (mostly due skill and/or low plant numbers) have lower yields.

Open your eyes brother :biggrin:

PS: I personally have had both excellent and extreme fuckup projects from going straight 12/12, but more of the good ones, you tend to learn from your mistakes (hopefully).

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
I am an overgrow refugee also but that's no excuse to call the proof provided in this thread bullshit, when it's obvious that some growers can make this work exceptionally, while others will (mostly due skill and/or low plant numbers) have lower yields.

Open your eyes brother :biggrin:

PS: I personally have had both excellent and extreme fuckup projects from going straight 12/12, but more of the good ones, you tend to learn from your mistakes (hopefully).

This is indeed true. Any 12/12 grower will find out very quickly how bad or how good your yield will be within the first month or so of growth. After that they tend not to stretch anymore and start massively producing bud(depending on the strain). Sorry to hear about not choosing the Mango Haze but once you do I'd love to see them :biggrin:. Luckily we live quite a long time so there's plenty of time to grow so many different strains.

Can't wait to see them gals grow. :plant grow:

Last edited:

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Last one

Last one

well this one is down now and as expected it was the biggest yielder.
big time Indica hit on it as it went a little longer than necessary.
pretty nice already as well both smelling and to consume.
Record for me again.... 282g and lost 4g to mold during dry.

e2a - forgot pic

Attachments

• plant 3 yield.jpg
    plant 3 yield.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 27

NuDude

Hello fellas I'm just to to learn cuz I'm planing on a 2sq ft grow box(36 gallon Rubbermaid tote fixed with w exhaust fans n 1 intake fan and passive intake with 200 watts of cfl) going 12 12 from seed. (bag seeds)
And I said all that to say if there is anyone that grow micro 12 12 from seed,then hit me up,add me or something.

Anasazi

bag seed sour diesel 12/12 from seed.

RWClD07s.jpg

2.5 gal hempy day 75 from sprout. My 3rd try at growing and first try at 12/12 from seed. I'm happy with the results. ;D

frozen420

Only just discovered this thread and realised I'm doing the same thing. Here's my grow thread. It's an Autopot set-up with ~400 HPS equivalent LED-lighting in a 60x60 cm tent. Growing are 2x THC Bomb and an AK-48 from seed with a cloned White Widow replacing a dead seedling.

qk3hl.jpg

Now I'll start combing through this thread...the amount of messages and thread here is a bit intimidating... :D

//frozen420

U

Universu

To much talking somebody should clean here and let the esential it is very boring,like someone care you dont like this metod. Is very good for someone who want to grow sativas like they grow at ecuator and small growrooms end of conversation we are not all dealers to care about weight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts