What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100w cfl Stealth Grow

GanjaLion

Day 51 flowering on the zamaldelicas, they smell like carrots, mangoes, and like a leathery new sneaker store smell so far. Im hoping they will finish day 120ish or less!

IMG_20240125_004027651_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240125_004238700.jpg

IMG_20240125_004354492.jpg

GanjaLion

Thank you singlecoiled! Next week I maybe going away for 15 days, so hopefully I can keep them as healthy or healthier than they currently are.

I looked at the Blumats, but I have so many roots and its only a 3 gallon pot, so no way im gonna stick in that big carrot sensor and destroy the roots this stage of flowering.

Im putting together an automated watering system in case I have to leave, Im getting the parts together quickly and test them, so I dont have to leave it up to the gods with a big reservoir before I leave haha

singlecoiled

Thank you singlecoiled! Next week I maybe going away for 15 days, so hopefully I can keep them as healthy or healthier than they currently are.

I looked at the Blumats, but I have so many roots and its only a 3 gallon pot, so no way im gonna stick in that big carrot sensor and destroy the roots this stage of flowering.

Im putting together an automated watering system in case I have to leave, Im getting the parts together quickly and test them, so I dont have to leave it up to the gods with a big reservoir before I leave haha

I hear you ! I'm kinda stuck with my plants and cant make any long trips while growing. Ive considered putting together a self watering ring, we'll see if I can pull it off.

Your at the trickiest time in a grow too, Ive found that mid flower is a crucial time to get things just right. Sucks you have to leave !

GanjaLion

Hell yea man its definitely a big responsibility hand watering and being there for your plants well-being. For sure im at a crucial stage of flower thats not going to be very forgiving if I fuck up haha.

One positive side is I already done all the training I could possible do, worst case would be the colas get like baseball bats and burn into the light haha. So I pray for not much more vertical growth.

Going to try and program a micro-computer to mimic my idea of a perfect handwater and hope for the best haha

singlecoiled

Hell yea man its definitely a big responsibility hand watering and being there for your plants well-being. For sure im at a crucial stage of flower thats not going to be very forgiving if I fuck up haha.

One positive side is I already done all the training I could possible do, worst case would be the colas get like baseball bats and burn into the light haha. So I pray for not much more vertical growth.

I hear you ! I'm into training plants early using the Mainline/Manifold technique. You might lose a little time in Veg, but once you get the plants frame setup, you can coast. Just set it and forget it !

Pic below was taken a few weeks ago and I have a circle of 8 colas at even heights now. I havent had to do a thing except water.. hard work is done, everyting nice and even without a trellis.

Going to try and program a micro-computer to mimic my idea of a perfect handwater and hope for the best haha

Nice ! I like the idea, sounds like a nice little challenge. I'm a bit of a dreamer, and have thought of trying to get a scale under my plant to weigh wet and dry weights. If we could get my scale to send a signal to your computer we could have one hell of an auto system going ! Going by weight would be a really nice way to automate waterings...

Just dreaming, I'm quite sure its already been done. (using a scale to automate waterings)

link to my grow diary up now if interested.

Nirvana Northern Lights

_DSC6107.JPG

Last edited:

GanjaLion

Niice singlecoiled it looks good! Yea harvesting in a small space with a trellis is a pain, I dont use one either.

THat sounds interesting Ive seen somebody using scales one time, but to me honestly I dont understand how it could be accurate if it also weighing the growing plant and not just the soil media, to me it sounds less accurate than just using soil sensors and more expensive, but maybe im missing something lol

For example the weight on the scale is never going to be comparable to the original 1st time you weighed it after the plant starts growing and producing weight, so it seems like alot of adjusting required. Maybe it works good though I never tried it

singlecoiled

Niice singlecoiled it looks good! Yea harvesting in a small space with a trellis is a pain, I dont use one either.

THat sounds interesting Ive seen somebody using scales one time, but to me honestly I dont understand how it could be accurate if it also weighing the growing plant and not just the soil media, to me it sounds less accurate than just using soil sensors and more expensive, but maybe im missing something lol

For example the weight on the scale is never going to be comparable to the original 1st time you weighed it after the plant starts growing and producing weight, so it seems like alot of adjusting required. Maybe it works good though I never tried it

Yeah, your soil probe idea is probably better but they have pro's and cons as well. For me, I can tell if my plant needs water just by picking up the pot. I water with over 1/2 gallon (4 pounds of water) and my pot is heavy as bag of bricks. When its dry, its light as a feather, with the plant weighing very little in comparison. Then again, I keep my plants small, a full size xmas tree plant might be a lot heavier.

Just dreaming though, I'll probably water by hand or come up with an auto watering strategy just for times I wont be home (rare). Something simple that waters once while Im gone....

GanjaLion

Yea lifting it is a good way to check, I usually feel he top. I definitely feel more comfortable hand watering, but im hoping I can automate it in a way where she wont know the difference. I gotta be careful some of these colas are growing into the light and ceiling already.

I havent checked if its one or both it is, but there is a ripe mango smell coming off one of them that you wouldnt believe, its literally like the tent is filled topped to bottom with ripe mangos cut open.

IMG_20240129_221634501.jpg

IMG_20240129_221751430.jpg

IMG_20240129_221741096.jpg

GanjaLion

Thanks zapr! I had to go away for a couple weeks and the plants got underwatered but are alive! Its day 89 flower on the zamaldelicas.

They are getting chunky I had to cut out some bud rot on the right plant. The nug I had to cut out was alot denser and heavy than I expected, like a rock.
While I was away they got underwatered and had alot of dead leaves in the middle, definitely want to get rid of those when the buds swell up.

They are getting really frosty and still have some time to finish, I kicked up the airflow and cleaned out the middle and gonna let it do its thing.

IMG_20240303_072629921_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240303_072733400.jpg

IMG_20240303_073703539.jpg

IMG_20240303_073029119_HDR.jpg

GanjaLion

Day 119 flower on the zamals, thanksfully that was the only case of bud rot so far in the last post. Some of these tops are really big on both plants, the left plant is more spear shape and the one on the right is more chunky and round. Its got about another 2 weeks maximum, I will most likely make hash out of them because thats my favorite way to consume.

IMG_20240402_093820926.jpg

GanjaLion

Thank you zaprjacques, I appreciate it! Haha no I havent tested any yet, im going to save as many lowers as I can to reveg it. Although I dont plan on flowering it again right away because it takes almost half a year to finish hah. Going to feel out my options in the next coming weeks and see whats coming up next!

GanjaLion

right now im using 11/13, they are probably close enough to the light and getting blasted enough to only go 10 hours on but im leaving it 11/13 for now