What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights Micro, 16"x16"x32"-- 97 watts LED, Low Odor.

Forum Participation. keep #9 or chop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singlecoiled

Late edit, I will only be feeding Foliage Pro the entire grow. I'm curious to see how well a plant does without using bloom nutrients.

dynaedit.JPG

grow cab edits.JPG

Custom Metal Grow Cabinet, Carbon filter, AC afinity fan. (walls painted white, foil removed after pic above)
Soil Fox Farm Coco Loco/Rabbit Manure
Light Spiderfarmer SF-1000
Nutrients --Mainly Foliage Pro. I do use very little Mag Pro and Protekt..
Temps 72 lights on 68 off. RH low, around 45.
USA-- Legal to grow up to four plants where I live.

Last edited:

singlecoiled

week 4 a.JPG

Going backwards to go forwards, topped nodes 4-6, 1 and 2 leaving only node 3.....

week 4 topping.JPG

week 4 top side.JPG

week 5.JPG

A slight defoliation week 6 veg:

_DSC6025.JPG

Third try training after topping.,, No broken branches--fingers crossed.

_DSC6064.JPG

Transplanted up from 1 gallon cloth to 3 gallons. The plant was very bushy and node lengths short, I had to remove half the leaves (lower leaves and removal of the second node on both sides)...

Cloth pots are difficult when it comes to training. I had to improvise using a kabob skewer.

_DSC6087.JPG

_DSC6094.JPG

_DSC6107.JPG

Flipped 12/12 on 1/5...

_DSC6116.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

subbing, so much like my first NL grow, micro - yours is wider, mine was taller

Yep, I had a few get lanky but using small pots and temps at around 72 lights on and 68 off seems to keep the node spaces tight. Could be many things, I'm still not sure, but 6 nodes at 6 inches is my best run yet. Maybe its the small pot size and burying the stem? Not much variation in genetics from what I've seen, but that's possible too.

igrowone

Veteran
Yep, I had a few get lanky but using small pots and temps at around 72 lights on and 68 off seems to keep the node spaces tight. Could be many things, I'm still not sure, but 6 nodes at 6 inches is my best run yet. Maybe its the small pot size and burying the stem? Not much variation in genetics from what I've seen, but that possible too.
no luck with smaller pots myself, 2 gallon is as low as I go, though that's not too big

singlecoiled

no luck with smaller pots myself, 2 gallon is as low as I go, though that's not too big

My first pot was a pete pellet, second pot around half a cup of soil. The seedling got way too lanky and tall, so I buried it all the way to the bottom without any soil under it. From what I've seen, if the roots cant go down, the plant stays small... But this is just a hunch, I really dont know.

Tall and lanky wont work in my space, so small node spacing is very important.

singlecoiled

you can train later, might not be pretty but will work

Thanks, I think your right. It wont be a nice big "T" shape as I'd like. It will probably be more of a "W" shape in the end. As long as they stay low and even, I can live with a W....instead of a T

Thinking it needs at least a week to heal before I start pulling down the branches again....(gently this time!)

Solidopc

Nice set up dude. You rate NL from nirvana enough to be growing it for a 4th time? I love NL. I've always grown sensi when Ive looked for mother. Yet white label NL was my favourite.

Good luck. Looks good.

singlecoiled

Nice set up dude. You rate NL from nirvana enough to be growing it for a 4th time? I love NL. I've always grown sensi when Ive looked for mother. Yet white label NL was my favourite.

Good luck. Looks good.

Thanks, its a small setup but I'm still having a blast growing.

I ordered 5 seeds from Nirvana a few years ago and grow one seed at a time for around 16 weeks per grow. So, a 5 pack of seeds lasts me a long time ! Nirvana Northern Lights has been great too, potent,consistent, huge yield, massive colas and most importantly, Low odor.

I want to try something new, maybe White Rhino, Master Kush or Tutankhammon... We'll see. I may just grow NL again, maybe NL #10

Last edited:

singlecoiled

It's probably extra, but I'd seal up the damaged portion of the branch. Even dripped on candle wax would work as it's used on grafts.

When I removed the metal clip the branch started to grow upwards, sealing the crack. I think I'll leave her alone for a few days to see how she heals.

Thanks for the tip on candlewax, never heard of that one. I thought of using tape, but didnt want to risk causing more damage...

singlecoiled

Got tired of waiting for the broken manifold to heal so I defoliated. Not sure what pattern I'll get now, but I have some ideas.

I'm not in a rush this grow and am curious to see how big the colas will get with a long veg time. This should slow her down a bit. I'm just building a frame for now.

_DSC6025.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

That's sad to see, it should bounce back fine.

Nahh, its all good. More time in veg is something I want.

Decided to bend the main stem 90 degrees and start a new manififold. This plant will be low and beefy when its time to flip 12/12..

Poor girl is having a really rough day !

_DSC6029.JPG

DandAbc

That's unfortunate! If it fits for your space/legal pop another bean and choose between them in 3 weeks?

singlecoiled

That's unfortunate! If it fits for your space/legal pop another bean and choose between them in 3 weeks?

Thats my last bean. I really need to rethink my branch training skills, I keep losing branches using rubber tie wraps. They seem to pinch the branches when tied down.

I had another nice manifold coming in too,...this is going to be a very long veg ! I'll top again soon and start my third attempt at a manifold...(fingers crossed I dont break another branch)

_DSC6035.JPG

Last edited:

DandAbc

I've read a lot of good info for training on bonsai websites, just have to transpose everything to annual unless it's for a mom.

For any other lost branches you can try cloning/reversing/selfing a branch.

How many tops are you thinking now?