What's new

1000W VERTICAL - CASEY JONES COCO TREES

Work2much

Hey Green I've got a generic RO from ebay, rated for 100 gallons per day but I only use about 30 gallons a week in my system max. I've had it about a year and zero problems so far. Check out ebay, just put in reverse osmosis in the search and there's tons of small ro's for about $100.

I agree Heath's flooded tube vert is a good starting point in hydro build design. I would build it in a little larger diameter pipe for more root space to grow slightly larger plants, say 5" black ABS from Home Depot, use less plants and offset the plant holes so they dont overlap each other vertically. I'd run it more NFT style though if I wasn't going to run a chiller. I know Heath did it without a chiller with the tubes flooded using the damn collars but I'd splurge and spend the $400-$500 and be a little more sure that I'd be able to avoid root rot.

Some of the vertical plumbing designs are pretty nifty too. More of a gravity feed rec-drip which I'm more comfortable with. They would kick butt for vert though.

greenatik

wow - those look fabulous! Casey is some good smoke too... real nice.

Thanks MsJones! Is your name in reference to the great casey jones? ;)

Hey greenatik, buds are moving along well, shitty water or not :)

I myself have pretty crappy water and am thinking about the move over to RO as well. pH as you say in never that stable using such a water source, and things are near impossible to keep to a constant.Still I think you have done very well bro, the way the buds have filled the space and size of them is looking very positive from where I am sat. Did I mention they also look very tasty? ;)

Thanks Shhh. They have been looking so good the last couple days I just might retract my statement! although I know that good water would make a difference, i can't complain with how things are turning out :wave:

Very nice grow!
Thanks Jare!

I gotta get me some CJ
Lookin great Green! As expected

MARLO

Thanks Mar! Your genetics look great too as well as the vert you got going on. Thanks for poppin in!

Hey Green I've got a generic RO from ebay, rated for 100 gallons per day but I only use about 30 gallons a week in my system max. I've had it about a year and zero problems so far. Check out ebay, just put in reverse osmosis in the search and there's tons of small ro's for about $100.

I agree Heath's flooded tube vert is a good starting point in hydro build design. I would build it in a little larger diameter pipe for more root space to grow slightly larger plants, say 5" black ABS from Home Depot, use less plants and offset the plant holes so they dont overlap each other vertically. I'd run it more NFT style though if I wasn't going to run a chiller. I know Heath did it without a chiller with the tubes flooded using the damn collars but I'd splurge and spend the $400-$500 and be a little more sure that I'd be able to avoid root rot.

Some of the vertical plumbing designs are pretty nifty too. More of a gravity feed rec-drip which I'm more comfortable with. They would kick butt for vert though.

Some great points here bro and thanks for the lowdown on the r/o unit. I know for sure either way I go (vertical/horizontal) I'm going to do zero-veg to increase production. i was simply amazed by the flooded tube from heath the first time I saw it, but in all honesty its a lil above my head. seems simple enough, but im not much of a risk taker, or should i say can't afford to take a risk right now. so i'd like to stay with coco/drip because i'm finally gettin it down. im sure hydro isn't much of a big step from where im at but like u said drip is the comfort zone

S

Sir_Nugget

your caseys r sick! You have given me an idea to put scrog screens on the walls of my tent to tie branches to

greenatik

day 63 - lots of pics :jump: looking to still harvest 72-75

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

N

nukkumatti

Very beautiful ladies Green bro!!
Nice foxtailing and swelling going on!! :D

I hope to get some money before the Casey release!!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
mmmmmm!!! Tasty looking CJ brother!!!

They are swelling nicely, should be real fat in 10 days time :)

Just noticed you maybe running a SoG next, that will be fun :joint: Do you plan on using the Casey? I see you mention Heaths system above but have you thought about a simple stadium? Can easily plumb run off guttering, many examples in vert section - krunchbubbles is a great one to begin with if interested.

Edit> read on Nukkumatti thread your thinking about AK, critical mass or maybe chronic. I have only ever smoked 1 sample of chronic that I would refer to as 'decent' bud. This was grown by a very very well respected grower (since retired) that I know. He's probably the best grower I have had the pleasure know in person and had a good cut of her to boot. Point is I wouldn't bother with chronic it is very bland, I have my eye on Sweetest Cindy (Sweet tooth 3 x Cinderella 99) from dutch grown seeds that combination should be somewhat connoisseur herb. SWT3 was a great plant for SoG back in the day, I run a few LUI in my time (SWT3 x Ortega) by spice of life... The SWT pheno was lovely! Also from grows I have observed online SWT3 rawked, it only lacked a little potency with some pheno's if reports were correct, but the right one had it all. I imagine introducing C99 into the mix will add a little stank and dank'en up the taste a lil bit, saying that... SWT3 taste was pretty darn good anyway.

Ak47 is also high up on my list of heavy yield top quality strains, (must stress haven't really grown this either did a 12/12 from germ with em that was a FAIL!) but observations and comments of those online rank it highly.

Good luck on whatever you go with!

greenatik

Very beautiful ladies Green bro!!
Nice foxtailing and swelling going on!! :D

I hope to get some money before the Casey release!!

swollen they are! my CJ cut I took about a month ago never rooted... i could reveg, but also thinkin about getting a pack of seeds and finding my own pheno. thing is right now i have no need for a 75 day strain, but i dont want to lose casey

Wow These plants look amazing. The nugs got large! I like it. What kinda smell does it have going on?

Interesting u mention the smell cause it has changed dramatically compared to last round. last round i used JUST botanicare grape sweet and the plants all smelled extremly fuely/chemy. the last 2-3 weeks i have been using just molasses and they smell like molasses - super sickening sweet and no sign of fuel.

wow nice....do you know what cut it is??

nope, no idea i got it at medical club in norcal

Damn, that's a jungle in there. Good work bro.

OP

Thanks OP !

mmmmmm!!! Tasty looking CJ brother!!!

They are swelling nicely, should be real fat in 10 days time :)

Just noticed you maybe running a SoG next, that will be fun :joint: Do you plan on using the Casey? I see you mention Heaths system above but have you thought about a simple stadium? Can easily plumb run off guttering, many examples in vert section - krunchbubbles is a great one to begin with if interested.

Edit> read on Nukkumatti thread your thinking about AK, critical mass or maybe chronic. I have only ever smoked 1 sample of chronic that I would refer to as 'decent' bud. This was grown by a very very well respected grower (since retired) that I know. He's probably the best grower I have had the pleasure know in person and had a good cut of her to boot. Point is I wouldn't bother with chronic it is very bland, I have my eye on Sweetest Cindy (Sweet tooth 3 x Cinderella 99) from dutch grown seeds that combination should be somewhat connoisseur herb. SWT3 was a great plant for SoG back in the day, I run a few LUI in my time (SWT3 x Ortega) by spice of life... The SWT pheno was lovely! Also from grows I have observed online SWT3 rawked, it only lacked a little potency with some pheno's if reports were correct, but the right one had it all. I imagine introducing C99 into the mix will add a little stank and dank'en up the taste a lil bit, saying that... SWT3 taste was pretty darn good anyway.

Ak47 is also high up on my list of heavy yield top quality strains, (must stress haven't really grown this either did a 12/12 from germ with em that was a FAIL!) but observations and comments of those online rank it highly.

Good luck on whatever you go with!

as i just mentioned i no longer have casey i could reveg but the flowering time is killing me. the smoke really is special but 2 1/2 months is a lil long for me. i grew chronic once, i have no idea if thats what it really was but i got it at a medical club. nice weight and vigor compared to what was growing next to it, and the buds were super spicy tasting/smelling. buds were almost red from the amount of red hairs. thats why chronic is on the list but i think im going a different route entirely

i have these seeds about 10-15 left of an amazing cross. gods gift x blue goo. going to find the pheno im lookin for. i grew 20-30 outside my first time growing and didn't even realize the GEM that I had. luckily ive kept the seeds. i had quite a few phenos that turned almost completely pink/purple and it grows single cola every time. smell is outrageous and still the most stinky plant ive grown to date. smoke is so-so but the short flowering + smell + bag appeal + sog potential = win :laughing: im honestly just not ready to buy genetics online for that price when i still got somethin that might just work. thanks for the ideas tho shhh check out the gods gift x blue goo

no veg at all
picture.php

the middle 3 in front are this strain NO VEG
picture.php

4 on left NO VEG
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TND

wow great grow i think i may implement some of your grow techniques in my next vertical i do

N

nukkumatti

Wou.. That GG x BG looks real cash cropper.. But do you really want to grow a strain that's so-so on the high department. I know you don't wanna smoke that your self..Or do you?.. And when you give your bud to sick people for free, can you really say it's from you? :)
Sorry man! :) I'm just too drunk and stoned:D:D

And I was going to comment about the flowering time VS veg time, but then I scrolled bit more down and saw your NOvegger!! :D:D

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Oh shit GA that looks like a great candidate! Your search is probably over before it has begun ;)

Looking forward to seeing a SoG with those girls. Bag appeal looks excellent... It can be a real pita looking for a mother but very rewarding when you find something special.

greenatik

been a while since i've checked in. that CJ is looking nice bro!
thanks bro!

wow great grow i think i may implement some of your grow techniques in my next vertical i do
cool mang i got all my ideas from around these parts !

Wou.. That GG x BG looks real cash cropper.. But do you really want to grow a strain that's so-so on the high department. I know you don't wanna smoke that your self..Or do you?.. And when you give your bud to sick people for free, can you really say it's from you? :)
Sorry man! :) I'm just too drunk and stoned:D:D

And I was going to comment about the flowering time VS veg time, but then I scrolled bit more down and saw your NOvegger!! :D:D
No, no i really don't want to grow a strain thats so-so in high department. but its really not that bad the first 4-5 times its a great smoke but because of the GOO in the cross i build up tolerance quick to it (lots of goo crosses in norcal). so maybe ill have a couple personal strains going along the sides of the new cab in soil or something. or trade the medical club for some variety... ill figure it out hehe :blowbubbles:

Oh shit GA that looks like a great candidate! Your search is probably over before it has begun ;)

Looking forward to seeing a SoG with those girls. Bag appeal looks excellent... It can be a real pita looking for a mother but very rewarding when you find something special.

thanks Shhh... its going to be extra hard finding a good mother now that i've had casey. the bag appeal IS great though and it is so strong that all i have to do is pull the jar out, not open it, and you can smell the skunk. it might turn out to be better than i remember, ive learned so much every grow and last time i grew it was under CFLS with a poor nute schedule.. i just hope i can find a new place and not have too big of a down-time

thanks guys!! :wave:

greenatik

yeah definitely losing leaves on the daily

which is why i dont see how its possible to drop the micro half-way through flower like rez's recipe. i am just starting my flush tonight and dropped the micro 4 days ago and look how yellow my leaves are... :dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts