What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Scrog - 100% Organic - Blue Dream and Strawberry Diesel

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
...last couple, above the one by the lighter was just a lil one I had to cut to try it out. Well, that and it had a nanner on it....Our SD tends to pop a few of those around week 5/6, I tend to pull them off and let it rock, though it seems a bit harder in the screens in the cab to do such a thing, kind of debating chopping the SD down, but I might just pull them all out and give a good look over...

/\___Blue Dream on Left___/\Strawberry Diesel on Right

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
screen looks lush tom!

do you have your ballast cords coiled? that can create high frequency radiation and might be what's causing the dark lines in your hps photos.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
screen looks lush tom!

do you have your ballast cords coiled? that can create high frequency radiation and might be what's causing the dark lines in your hps photos.

nope, ballast cords are not coiled. I'll take a pic of that area later on tonight when it turns back on. I know I moved them around a bit, but I don't think so. Let me know what you think after I post pic later lol...The lines in the pics, they didn't do that with the MH bulb, just the HPS, iirc...

5 weeks and 2 days into flower so far.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, should be 6 weeks flower today, 3 weeks to go. So, in 3 weeks I will pull off the large fan leaves, and let them sit in dark for 2 more days.(I take both these plants to 63-65 days, last 2 usually in dark)

Not much to puff on, so had to take a couple lil samples....They the smallest ones way on on the sides of the cab where they dont get much light. Will try my best to let them dry on their own, though I'm not afraid to speed dry if I must. took a couple samples about a week maybe week and a half ago, and did one in the oven and one in the microwave(also one on the hood haha) and my buddy I get my smoke from while mine is growing, got more ripped from that then 2 or 3 of his doobs. I love organics! :woohoo:

Anyways, here are 3 pics each of the smaller ones I cut off today, first 3 will be the Blue Dream, next 3 will be the Strawberry Diesel.

Again, only 3 weeks left, so in the next week the Strawberry Diesel should be getting alot more purple.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
...Okay, down to 2 and a half weeks left...

here are a few shots(pointer top is the Blue Dream, the more gnarly looking one is the Strawberry Diesel.

The Strawberry Diesels are starting to alot more purple now, few days or so they should be all purple lol. Updates in a few days or so...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
...forgot to post these last night, took a couple right as the light was turning on before it got all bright and yellow lol...

...first one is part of the middle Blue Dream, and the second one is part of the middle Strawberry Diesel. You can the SD's are starting to go purple now, seems everyday there are a couple more leaves, but its more noticeable the difference each day now...

...2 more weeks tomorrow...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
well, 6 more days till they get a day or two of dark, then harvest time...Unfortunately, I have been snipping a lil bit every couple days the last week, but with the trim from said early snips, I made a lil something...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
^^^^^Rosin?

yeah, had a couple more batches that came out a lot better looking, had some parchment between them when I took them to a buddys to compare with what he bought, and yeah I dropped them and they all stuck together, so I had some really nice and some okay, but now they melted together.

But it was a test run anyways, I'm new to this rosin stuff. Done lots of bubble, dry ice, dry sift, and bho. When I did bho years ago its just that, the honey oil. Never heard about wax/shatter back then.

Rosin, I tried a fresh frozen bud, dry buds, and kief. So far, the kief wins hands down, but when my harvest is done, I will do some fresh frozen bubble hash, and press that for the rosin as that seems to be the way to do it :) Great yields from kief so far, been doing about 1 grams squishes with the kief, pressing 3-4 times.

..I will take some better pics next time while making my own again. Testing another batch now, but the product I was given was not mine and is not the best.

..what I will say, is after smoking wax/shatter for the last few months(ti nail in my bong), and making rosin with my stuff thats organic and grown right and what not, omg does it have soooo much more flavor then any other extract I've smoked. I am def a rosin guy now, but F this straightener lol. Looking at setting up a large press and getting some big plates for it. Prolly focus on pressing bubble or kief.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
great growing tom, extracts look delish too:biggrin:

Thank you sir, it was delish too. I made some from a buddies stuff, but it came out more gooey than shatter like. And my thoughts on the subject of rosin...I take all this time to grow organic buds, but I'm buying wax? Wax that I dont know what it was made from, what they used for nutes, if anything was sprayed on them, what solvent was used to do the extract, what may or may not be added to it...So, rosin my own buds, I know there is nothing in them but what we want to be smoking. Plus I could not believe how much more flavor there was in the rosin, blowing it out it tasted like my buds.

Its cool stuff for sure, and I will have start a new thread when I start the build of my rosin maker :) All I will say is that it will be very large, and about a grand give or take for all parts. I plan to make bubble, and press the bubble for the rosin. Should be able to press 1-4 oz of bubble at a time. Looking into making my own heat plates for the unit., as it is way the heck easier and cheaper than I had thought. 4 pid controllers, 4 blocks of alum, 20 ton press, 125 psi compressor, and a bubblebags washing machine to make life easy. Few more odds and ends. Should start this project in about a week or two.

(we been talking about doing bho again, as I have done that way to many times to count, but started playing with rosin and the straightener. The feedback was its way better than the wax and shatter ppl get around here, and its easier and a hell of a lot quicker. So, been reading up and playing with rosin for a whole few weeks now. Like it enough to move on to bigger and better things, ie pressing larger amounts of bubble vs only 1.5 gram presses with this stupid straightener lol.

Anyways, thanks for the view/comments guys, I know this has been a long a grow, but am just about back on track of things, and we be perpetual again very soon.