What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w 4*4*7 grow tent

Wats up guys it's my first grow and I'm just wondering more or less how much should I be looking to pull out running a 1000w hps open reflector light in a 4*4*7 grow tent. im working with 2 w.w. auto flower strains and 4 kush strain and 1 karamas bitch. They were all started from seeds. Thks👍

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most growers average .5 grams per watt . so a lb per 1000 watt light is achievable with the right genetics & environment & all the other variables that come into play .

RonSmooth

Veteran
It depends on how long you grow the plants out before flowering them. A single plant can produce anywhere from less than an ounce to several pounds.

How long will they grow before flowering?

I'll assume you are going with a relatively short veg time.

IME, most new growers seem to be getting 2-2.5oz per plant on average. Thats probably with a week or two of veg time.

I count 7 plants you got going, 2 auto flowers. If you got 2 oz per plant and 1 per auto you'd have 12oz at harvest. Thats not too bad if you are a beginner. I think I got 8 my first time with a 600, I am getting closer to a pound every harvest.

It depends on how long you grow the plants out before flowering them. A single plant can produce anywhere from less than an ounce to several pounds.

How long will they grow before flowering?

I'll assume you are going with a relatively short veg time.

IME, most new growers seem to be getting 2-2.5oz per plant on average. Thats probably with a week or two of veg time.

I count 7 plants you got going, 2 auto flowers. If you got 2 oz per plant and 1 per auto you'd have 12oz at harvest. Thats not too bad if you are a beginner. I think I got 8 my first time with a 600, I am getting closer to a pound every harvest.
Thks guys so I'm guessing to veg around 2 months for the auto flowers and around 2.5-3 months ish For the kushers loll If I pull 12 I'll be more then happy I was thinking alot less like a 1-1.5oz per plant and around 20g for the auto flowers.

Wats up guys, hoping I could get some help from someone with more experience with tents. My setup started off with a 1000w hps light running 18/6. Carbon filter>blower fan>out. Blower fan is 440 cfm and I'm also running a big oscillating fan for the light and lil Og's. Lol Iduno y I taught this setup was gonna be able to suck out all the hot air from the tent. So I've done my tests and the room runs too hot. When tent doors open temps are between 84-87'f & with tent door closed 91 and up. So I went to the local hydro store and talked abit with the workers and they said I would be good now with my new 6" cooltube. So yesterday I re setup the tent with no carbon filter for now (intell 12/12), I'm running ducking into the tent from right side ~cooltube ~blower fan~ outside of tent. Still using a oscillating fan and temps are still high but better. So now if I run the cooltube light with the door closed and bottom vents closed with no circulation of fresh air coming in the tent, the temps stay at 79'f & 60% humidity. Now I know that's ok but not for me cause to get those temps my oscillating fan is running on speed 2/3 and blower fan at maxx. So it got me thinking shouldn't I want more comtroll of my setup(in other words) I want my setup to run medium at all times an only max when I water them or need too. So what do you guys think of the setup..? Should I change the blower to suck fresh air from out <the light <out the other side of the tent or should I go out my way and budget and purchase and inline fan for the cooltube. Really wanna fix this lil problem. Thks a lot guys ✌️

Not in even 2 weeks runnin. I noticed abit of dust in the cool tube , so today I'm gonna clean my cooltube and was thinking of puttin a nylon on the end the air exhausts the help stopping dust of somehow entering the tent. Wat u guys think.?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you need better ventilation . a good air cooled hood like a block buster 6 or 8" would work very nice for a 4 x 4 instead of that cooltube . .
heres a thread i want you to read through . you don't even have to soak in all the technical BS , but just get to understand the basics . good airflow is a must !!!

& check out the tent in my glue factory album .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112862

you need better ventilation . a good air cooled hood like a block buster 6 or 8" would work very nice for a 4 x 4 instead of that cooltube . .
heres a thread i want you to read through . you don't even have to soak in all the technical BS , but just get to understand the basics . good airflow is a must !!!

& check out the tent in my glue factory album .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112862

Thks for the help dansbuds, I regret not buyin the air cooled hood over the cooltube. Was about to pick one up but then I saw the price was 60$ cooltube new or like 80$ Air cooled used. Everything's running gd at the moment but I have a feeling during flowering time I'm gonna have some ventilation problems. And is it possible If I could custom wire a normal adjustable light switch to comtroll my axial fan at the bottom.👍✌️

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No on the dimmer switch . buy a speedster from the hydro shop at least . the dimmer will NOT handle the load of a decent fan .
i know grow equipment can be expensive , but the intial cost is nothing compared to what you get in return . & good environment is essential to growing good bud !!!

No on the dimmer switch . buy a speedster from the hydro shop at least . the dimmer will NOT handle the load of a decent fan .
i know grow equipment can be expensive , but the intial cost is nothing compared to what you get in return . & good environment is essential to growing good bud !!!
Thks 👍 will go ask asap the local hydro store for a speedster.Any other things I should be aware about.today I Started for my first time lst on Tha ak-49.

Try this set up:

Carbon filter>fan>duct>Cooltube>duct>>

That's an easy way to use 1 fan for an exhaust and an air cooled(or cool tube)hood.

I would definitely recommend getting a fan speed controler as well.

If you really want to be able to dial your environment buy another fan(also with an air speed controler) and use that as an active intake. That way your will have complete control of your environment. This also enables you to create negative pressure in your tent. That is important if you want your carbon filter to work properly. With my 600W in this exact set up I run both my fans(exhuast and intake) at around 15% in veg. When I'm in flower I crank both the fans up and I can bring my humidity down. If you make the investment you will be rewarded with total control of your environment.

Try this set up:

Carbon filter>fan>duct>Cooltube>duct>>

That's an easy way to use 1 fan for an exhaust and an air cooled(or cool tube)hood.

I would definitely recommend getting a fan speed controler as well.

If you really want to be able to dial your environment buy another fan(also with an air speed controler) and use that as an active intake. That way your will have complete control of your environment. This also enables you to create negative pressure in your tent. That is important if you want your carbon filter to work properly. With my 600W in this exact set up I run both my fans(exhuast and intake) at around 15% in veg. When I'm in flower I crank both the fans up and I can bring my humidity down. If you make the investment you will be rewarded with total control of your environment.
Tht is exactly how I have my setup current running. Everything is runnin smooth, just missing and little fan to blow some intake air into the bottom of the tent. But my problem is if I put this Axerial PC fan or small 100cfm inline fan my tent is gonna hVe light leaks in the morning. But thank god I hVe a extra old carbon filter tht I'm thinking to use to avoide light leaks and to get in clean filter air for the tent setup. Thks guys

So randomly iduno y today the temps are running abit higher @ 83-84'f. Have to get tht inline fan in to see if I could work abit more with the temps.

Anyone have any advice that could possibly help me out. I wanna be getting the tents humidity abit higher and dropping the heat abit. I have a humidifier inside the tent running at max. Should I keep it on or close the humidifier at night.?

Anyways for the record everything's ok up. Got tent solidly running at 25.6c with 37-40humidity . I close the humidifier at night and spray water 2-3 times on the walls with the girls outside tent to help humidity stay up at 40-45. Carbon filter is running always at low intell I water I boost it up to medium/almost high speed. Also still didn't receive my booster with speedster controller yet. But got my new 150w hps light for veg. So my t5 lights will still be used for seedlings and start. Thks hopefully pics will be up soon to give u guys a idea of what I'm working with.

c2288

Hi STL,
Glad to hear that you resolved your issues. I was just wondering why you chose a HPS for veg vs a MH (Metal Halide)?