What's new

1000 Watt_Club :)

Hey guys...I'm planning my first grow, I have a room that is 5' x 13' with a 7' high ceiling. Was planning to put 3 x 1000's in there...lights offset to the side a bit so I have a lit area 3w x 13'd and 2' of walking space along the side. However I read that the 1000's have a 4' x 4' coverage, so I don't feel like I'm getting everything out of my lights that I could. The room is just framed (no drywall yet) so I can easily reframe the width of 5', have to work with the depth of 13'. What would be the optimal width? I plan to grow trees in buckets, need some room in there to get around (big guy) but don't want to lose much light to an overly large room either. I'm thinking 13 x 6.5 I can have 2.5' walking space along the side and plants in a 4 x 13 area. Want to leave the room up and running a long time so wanna do it proper right off the bat.

Green Force

i feel a need to post my 1k's =) alltho mostly hydro

2x 1k hortilux, 2x 6" 449 cfm vortex, 1x 5,000 btu a/c, 1x 8" 747 cfm vortex, 2x 8" air cooled 2'x2' hoods =) 60 gallon recirculating d.w.c. made with 18 gallon rubbermaids

Btw i do have 4 tinny ass soil plants in there =)

Last edited:
i am in the club to.
i have 1 hps 1000
would like to know how many girls i can put under 1 lite?
after 1st grow will get more lites but for now how many?
space is 5 ft by 8 ft
thx for looking

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1k watt in DR150 first grow :joint:

Chimera genetics:
Mental Floss, Grapefruit x DJ short Blueberry, C-Plus, Calizahr

Last day of veg:

Plants are in 8 day flowering now I think will post pics in a week or so. Check out my grow log if you want link in sig.

Nickelv17

I have a 1k in a 2x5 room but my air cooled hood is facing longways with the room and I am not sure if it is optimum to have it like that but there is nothing I can do about it. I am pretty sure that the light can handle the whole room anyway. I have been doing a very little veg time SOG. Was thinking about moving up from party cups to 2ltrs with some veg but would like some input. with my setup Im planning on getting a 1/2 lb on this yield which is 5g's a plant safe estimating. but I know I should be getting more than that and would love to get some advice that would lead to massive yields. Thanx in advance for the help I really admire alot of the grows on this thread and can only dream of the day I will have the space to impress people with my setup also.

Nickelv17

Wish I could get my hands on some other strains just got an OG seed hoping for a girl but a boy would be fun to breed. Heard OG was a piss poor yielder but still worth it cause its so f*cking awesome. Can anyone give me an idea of how much I can yield with OG

Brazilian_Begin

hi, im planing to do a SOG cultivation ons hydroponic ebb& Flow system with a 1000w hps....a want to know how many clones a can grow in a 1,20 m x 1,20m (4' x 4' i tink)....i want to veg the clones for 10-14 days the indicas and 5-7 days sativas for high yelds !!!!

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Im packin 1k Watts baby!!! Love this thread and just had to do it!!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can i play?

can i play?

i got 5000 watts goin in flower and 2400 in veg...and 3 more 1000's just waitin for me to hang them,gonna pull the wall out a few feet first;)

peace -T-

FULLthrottle420

Nice grow Tonituah! I am also growin with 1000watt the plants grow crazy fast! Its my first ever grow and so far im 7 weeks into flower with my oldest plant.

Yahhnald J.Dump

Tonatiuh man first of all those plants are gorgeous what strains u got there and secondly ur name is sick and the story at the bottom is crazy just thought id let ya kno it touched my soul yo lol

dj.scotfree

Have a 400 watt switchable ballast, and about 3 months ago I bought a 1000 watt switchable... I want to build an enclosed room inside my garage for the 1000, Now what kind of venting and cooling am I going to need? And how many plants, I do soil and hydro so it doesn't matter. I kinda want to build a 10 X 10 room but I don't know for sure... Let me know please!

FULLthrottle420

Hello dj.scotfree I am a first time grower so im no expert at all but I am growing in a 6'x4' woden box built in the corner of my bedroom the light fills it very nicly expcialy with the mylar on the walls. I have six plants and its pretty crowded. I vegged em for 3-4 weeks and once they went under the 1000watter they got hugh! 5 feet tall 3 feet wide.

I have heard a 1000watt only covers a 4.5'x4' grow space but it seems to cover more with proper reflective material.

bostrom155

Just wondering how many people are using 1000MH in thier flower room, thinking of getting one..i have a 600HPS now and a 400HPS in thier now

loco81

well i am here!
here is my latest plant at day 22
picture.php