What's new

1000 Watt_Club :)

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Nope, it is just perfect. :D

4x4 is the recommended coverage area for a 1kw, and gives me about 67 wpsf :joint:

As far as the temp probe goes, yeah, that out door probe on mine is all screwed up, got chewed up in a door, so I just ignore it.

George

NiteTiger said:
Nope, it is just perfect. :D

4x4 is the recommended coverage area for a 1kw, and gives me about 67 wpsf :joint:

As far as the temp probe goes, yeah, that out door probe on mine is all screwed up, got chewed up in a door, so I just ignore it.
i dont know which one to trust lol. sometimes they will read the exact same, but mostly they will be off.

i love seeing grow 1kw SOG grow diaries. something so perfect about it haha

NiteTiger

Veteran
I wouldn't really consider mine a SOG. It's just 10 plants in there. If I were going to truly SoG it, I'd have about 32 in there :wink:

I'm looking at getting four plants running in 2x2 scrogs. Big massive vicious scrogs :muahaha:

George

NiteTiger said:
Yes indeed, I was fortunate enough to grow out TRC's SWT13 :yes:
i thought so! haha

man, there was a time when all i had access to the internet was through my cell phone. and it had the SHITTIEST internet, but i was rummaging through that thread during all my college classes haha. all my buddies asked me what the hell i was doing.

one last question though, as i dont want to take this thread too far off the 1k club lol, but where do you pick up TRC strains? i have never seen them on any of the seedbanks.

NiteTiger

Veteran
I received the beans from the old resin monk himself! He's had some...personality clashes... with current seedbanks.

There's some mixes floating around by some great guys following in old LS's footsteps, but I don't think any are commercially available anywhere.

Frozenguy

Veteran
Sorry, not to go off topic again, but i've used those thermometers before.. I had nine of them, and about 7 of a different model from them, not submergable.. they were all over the place ranging mostly about 2-3 degrees like said, with 2 or 3 radicals if i remember correctly being as much as 7 degrees off but mostly 5.. i stopped using the most off ones lol but i'm still not too sure...

NiteTiger

Veteran
I get chills going into the flower pod, so I'm betting the 67F is just about dead on :D

And yeah, I've got a little pile of crap thermos too :D

Last edited:
i jus got my 1k watter and the damn things cool tube came broken so hopefully replace ment will come, can i just hang the light in my space?

B

buzzed day

young giver didn't you also start the 400 to? thanks for both.while i can't be a member here i most certinaly enjoy the thread.have a buzzed day.peace

NiteTiger

Veteran
Yeah Deadhead420, you can, but do it without plants in there for a dry run to check your temps. Trust me, 1kw can put out massive amounts of heat.

Here's a pic of how my 1kw pod is progressing

The ladies love massive light...

That's a 50 gallon Tuff Box she's in

Long Live the 1000 watt club! :joint:

Q*Bert

Its go big or go home, you can never have too many lumens. Glad to be a member of this club.

1k club sea o green

Just about done

Peace,
Q

scruffy

When I wanted a light, the only one that made any sense at all is the 1K HPS- was only a couple bucks more than the 400. 600's may be slightly more efficient, but a grand is a grand! I built my own reflector, steel with a double-parabola aluminum reflector inside.

Pulled a couple real tasty harvests out of my setup, real glad I got the 1K!

The electricity usage really isn't all that bad, maybe an extra 30 bucks a month or so, maybe.