What's new

1000 Watt_Club :)

M

milehighmedical

Hello dj.scotfree I am a first time grower so im no expert at all but I am growing in a 6'x4' woden box built in the corner of my bedroom the light fills it very nicly expcialy with the mylar on the walls. I have six plants and its pretty crowded. I vegged em for 3-4 weeks and once they went under the 1000watter they got hugh! 5 feet tall 3 feet wide.

I have heard a 1000watt only covers a 4.5'x4' grow space but it seems to cover more with proper reflective material.

The 1000 watt light is ideal for 4 x 4 feet. But ideal means just that, ideal.

You can use a 1000 watter on a 5x5 foot area. It's just that your per square foot wattage isn't ideal. And a result your yield won't be ideal. No one ever said you can't grow a plant if your 1000 watter covers more than 4x4 feet. But if you want to reach your peak potential for yields, then those are the guidelines that might interest you.

In your situation you might even enjoy having 2x 1000 watters in your 4x6 as long you can keep your temps straight. I guarantee you, your yield will be reasonably higher.

Also, if you're saying this because your plants vegged quickly and look healthy. Well, in that case, you have to remember you need much less wattage to veg than to flower. Some people would say about half, but most commercial ops go by a quarter. In other words you have much more light than needed to veg. Now by the time you're done flowering you might not be as happy. Although with your specific dimensions you're not so far out of guidelines that you're going to get anything less than a beautiful harvest. As long as you do your part.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I just got one

picture.php

For MY LITTLE GOES 1000W

picture.php

Sourbear

Lets get some pics going in this thread!

info: 4x4 room with a 1k hps, the plants where vegged and flowered for 2 weeks under a 400 then switched to the 1k.
3 plants in 2 gallon pots with just fox farms ocean forest and tap water
they got a General Organics light flower feeding schedule when on was yellowing a tad from deficiencies. They are all on day 36 and vegged for about a week from getting them @ a club. They where already like 6 inches tall from the nursery.

anyways

These are my girls!

here is my Alaskan Thunder Fuck, she is a hybrid and by far the farthest into flower, it has more crystals and the hairs are turning orange fast, the node spacing is amazing on this strain, going to be good for SOG.
ATF2.jpg

ATF3.jpg

Here is the Durban Poision, late flowerer I believe, and the most healthy.
DP2.jpg

DP3.jpg

And here is the Grand Daddy Purple (some yellowing that I'm going to fix with a ewc/molasses/Gen organics Tea mix.)

GDP1.jpg

GDP2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts