What's new

100% Sativas (Have you ever tried one?)

sota

Sounds like some perfect smoke. What are her growth habits like? Mandarine/mango sounds like an excellent terpene profile. I've found citrus mango plants tend to always have upbeat effects for me.

Best of luck with the continued preservation of the strain. :tiphat:

I can't tell you much about the really growth habits, because it was only a bonsai plant.
But the other plant, some holland stuff,´s in the same size pots had not so much grow power
and smell.

Brelva

sota, this Sumatran sativa of yours sounds absolutely incredible!

I'd love to see what cannabiogen/ace could do with it.... :bandit:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Did not find a Sumatran but I found this picture of Sri Lanken
picture.php

desertgreen

hi guys, so i hate sativa. you know, i wouldn't throw a bag away but it seems like it doesn't get me where i need to get. i have heard descriptions of the sativa high being lsd-like, but it just won't get me there. i get the nice taste and smell of of pot and then nothing, a let down "fuck i should be high" feeling.

i have heard people say "sometimes you wanna smoke, but don't want to be impaired" to that i always say grow a sack. either control your need for the flower and don't smoke or grow some mind nuts and stop being scared while on it. that's just me tho.

its possible that i just haven't seen this unicorn "real sativa" and i could have my mind changed, but of all the "pure" sativas ive had none have done anything but piss me off. i have a funny constitution i think, when i was a kid i could eat a handful of klonapin and not feel them, while my friends would get wasted, but valium seemed to have a much more sedating effect on me than my friends.

sry to come off abrasive just wondering what some true sativa fans though about this merry xmas and holidays all

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hi i have heard descriptions of the sativa high being lsd-like, but it just won't get me there.

HOGWASH... tokin for 40+years... in places like mexico,jamacia,a'dam and once in takoradi..never ,ever experienced "LSD-LIKE'... until proven otherwise to me its.. bullshit...

merry xmas

Brelva

Everyone reacts differently to different chemicals. Sometimes past experiences can even modify future experiences.

I remember I had a buddy that had sworn off smoking anything sativa dominant for years. He basically said the same things as desertgreen did above. They made him agitated and basically they just didn't hit the spot and left him feeling burned on the price. He was almost comically fanatical about his hatred of sativa's.

So eventually a few of us decided to experiment with him and twist up some classic nl5xhaze and tell him it was some indica kill. Now if we had told him it was a haze i'm sure he would've outright refused to toke off it as per usual. He ended up getting super super high off it and was constantly remarking on how it reminded him of the first time he got high.

We ended up confessing it's origins and ever since then his outlook on sativa's has been completely different. He chalks it up to having sworn off sativa's before he had a chance to smoke a good one.

This was probably a weird anomalous case though, I mean, he was a real peculiar guy in almost all respects heh.

At the end of the day, everyone has their own trip.

sprinkl

Veteran
I also dont think there is such a thing as a sativa or indica high, both can have a wide range of effects, even within a strain there can be big differences between individuals. I do feel sativas can have a more intense effect with less of a ceiling, whereas indicas can feel more shallow with a lower ceiling and just plain tiring/stupifying after that(the so called indica effect).
I believe that has a lot to do with the time needed to finish flowering and the amount of terpenes build up in that period. Compare it to a 4 year old cow thats had a couple of youngins vs 18 month old bull meat. The taste difference is huge.
Its been assumed terpenes can modulate or give an effect by themselves.
If the terpene to cannabinoid ratio is higher in sativas it could explain why indicas are considered more stoney/medical.. And why badly or uncured weed just gives a poor high..

The Hatter

Veteran
Everyone reacts differently to different chemicals. Sometimes past experiences can even modify future experiences.

I remember I had a buddy that had sworn off smoking anything sativa dominant for years. He basically said the same things as desertgreen did above. They made him agitated and basically they just didn't hit the spot and left him feeling burned on the price. He was almost comically fanatical about his hatred of sativa's.

So eventually a few of us decided to experiment with him and twist up some classic nl5xhaze and tell him it was some indica kill. Now if we had told him it was a haze i'm sure he would've outright refused to toke off it as per usual. He ended up getting super super high off it and was constantly remarking on how it reminded him of the first time he got high.

We ended up confessing it's origins and ever since then his outlook on sativa's has been completely different. He chalks it up to having sworn off sativa's before he had a chance to smoke a good one.

This was probably a weird anomalous case though, I mean, he was a real peculiar guy in almost all respects heh.

You have a point about how preconceived notions will taint a person's experience. I've become such an avowed sativa fan that I sometimes find myself guilty of turning down an indica before even tried a single puff which is a shame because not all indicas are the same and I have probably turned down some bud that would have worked great for me. To each their own, but it is good to keep an open mind and keep trying new things. You never know what may turn out to surprise you.

Ranger

Hi Charlie ^^ :tiphat: I got my Panama from ACE and it has red and green phenos.

That picture is of the green pheno, though it looks red. They all looked similar after curing, quite reddish. The red pheno has pink pistils when flowering and the green has white pistils and a dense bud pheno to it.

The high from this is as good as it gets for a sativa imo. Really no negatives with it at all.

i got a nice green pheno as well from my Ace Purple Haze grow, here you can see the green PH pheno on the right, with an Ace Mazar on the left. both of these are very nice plants. the Purple Haze and Mazar are around 8-9 weeks in this pic, i harvested the Mazar a week after i took this pic.

sota

HOGWASH... tokin for 40+years... in places like mexico,jamacia,a'dam and once in takoradi..never ,ever experienced "LSD-LIKE'... until proven otherwise to me its.. bullshit...

merry xmas

You're certainly right ..... if you smoke constantly.
An alcoholic reacts to a bottle of vodka with a good feeling.
A teetotaler ends up in the hospital.
I smoke for 35 years, but only every few weeks :)
Therefore sends me the stuff in other levels.
The difference between the varieties is extreme for me.
I am not an expert but only a connoisseur.
Therefore, a trippy variety is (for me) reality, but very, very rare:biggrin:

window

Veteran
100% sativas ( ever tried one? )

100% sativas ( ever tried one? )

Yeah, Sativa was pretty much the only type of weed available in the U.K when I started smoking, mid 80s.
Thai, African and Jamaican, all of them fully seeded, wish I knew then what I know now.
Will be harvesting Nepalese highland from Cbg in a week or two and Amnesia from USC in a couple weeks after that, both pretty much sativa Dom, can't wait.
Hatter, your Panama flowers look great, another one on my to do list.

Mel Frank

If you smoked connoisseur weeds in the 70's they were sativas. Thai and Hawaiian were pretty strong, but I enjoyed many strains from Mexico, Central and South America. I don't remember them being similar to a LSD experience, but trip weed was a description used. When the Cali indicas hit in the late 70's they really took over as favorites.

vinrusso

hi guys, so i hate sativa. you know, i wouldn't throw a bag away but it seems like it doesn't get me where i need to get. i have heard descriptions of the sativa high being lsd-like, but it just won't get me there. i get the nice taste and smell of of pot and then nothing, a let down "fuck i should be high" feeling.

i have heard people say "sometimes you wanna smoke, but don't want to be impaired" to that i always say grow a sack. either control your need for the flower and don't smoke or grow some mind nuts and stop being scared while on it. that's just me tho.

its possible that i just haven't seen this unicorn "real sativa" and i could have my mind changed, but of all the "pure" sativas ive had none have done anything but piss me off. i have a funny constitution i think, when i was a kid i could eat a handful of klonapin and not feel them, while my friends would get wasted, but valium seemed to have a much more sedating effect on me than my friends.

sry to come off abrasive just wondering what some true sativa fans though about this merry xmas and holidays all
Here's the difference. No tolerence, and after smoking good Sativa's, you can't get high on Indica. Good Sativa 3-4 hour high, some no ceiling.

vinrusso

If you smoked connoisseur weeds in the 70's they were sativas. Thai and Hawaiian were pretty strong, but I enjoyed many strains from Mexico, Central and South America. I don't remember them being similar to a LSD experience, but trip weed was a description used. When the Cali indicas hit in the late 70's they really took over as favorites.
Not as favorites. Money makers. Especially after bringing the genetics to Holland.

S

sourpuss

Here's the difference. No tolerence, and after smoking good Sativa's, you can't get high on Indica. Good Sativa 3-4 hour high, some no ceiling.

Sativa today compared to 20 years ago.... still same???? Havent grown a sativa due to climate. Used to get primo sativa south american brick. Also the crap mexi brick. The primo stuff was the best weed in effect hands down still prolly to this day nothing compares. It was dark brown clumps of bud not all leaf. Still leafy in comparison to todays standards. Bricked. Smell was earthy hashy incense not fruity. Imo this is where the incense haze is made from. Not at all the kind of mexi brick your thinking of. Where you needed a 3 paper to your head to get a reallygreat buzz. 1 paper smoked out a few people no propblem... type of ghigh low tolerance smokers may puke or get green if u know what I mean haha...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I crewed sailboats to the Caribbean from a middle of the east-coast state in 1972...
At our last port in the southern Bahama Islands, I met the crew of a small fishing boat from Columbia..
They shared some amazing weed with me, but the youngest guy in the crew, (closest to my age) was from Panama.
He had a box of his stash from home with him , and we smoked it for 2 days, until I sailed out.. He stuffed a large, wooden matchbox of his stash for me as a gift...
The buds were dark red, and the buzz was absolutely amazing.
The weed he gave me kept me smiling until I reached the north-east coast of Jamaica... There I encountered many more amazing pure sativas....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G`day B

NL #5 x Hz C is a 50 / 50 Hybrid is not 100% Sativa ...

I have smoked the old C5 [NL HzC ] and Nevil`s Haze cuts from Holland. They aren`t sativas either . As close as lot of people in the EU / UK have gotten to sativa but not the real deal .

The Indica in the mix adds a bottom end that sativas alone don`t have .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
haven had a pure sat in years...when I had land I grew quite a few different sats..with their longer flower time and bigger size lots of peeps don't grow em .a lot of cash growers wont due to financial reasons..don't get more money,longer flower times,bag appeal aint like indies and uninformed dumb customers complain..DONT ASK been there...yeehaw.. when I get the time I want tom hill haze n then do some crosses too.. last sat I think I grew was gypsies himalayn haze

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Shit i got the urge n some extra room... i just put some pure sativas in some dirt... attemping to pop an original pack 05-06 ish of old timers haze ... the rest of my Panama n columbian 70s stock. Along with some gear from the ace breeders packs..thanks dubi incredible hook up. .... few others to but they aint pure sativas but interesting none the less...

B

blue_tick

stoney917
I have the breeders pack of Malawi (fem all ace seeds) and some purple haze x Malawi going outside. I haven't smoked a good sativa since the late 70's early 80's so I had to try my hand at them. the yield will be plenty for my jars and to get enough in return to set up for next year. pic's . first 2 will be the Malawi (new killer) and the last 2 will be purple haze x Malawi

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=324724&stc=1&d=1436654111

Last edited: