What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

getting our one allotment of a spring shower with lightening , thunder , and rain..

it will last about 47 minutes and it is only our second rain of the year
This Spring has been unusual.

Last year we got snow and hail that played havoc on the tomato plants, now it's rain and Sun. I still expect a heavy Spring snow - in a few weeks??

I remember a few years prior we got heavy wet snow that broke trees that leafed out. Even some pines got whacked all over town!

Waiting to start the garden...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I take a couple of the same medicines and others that are likely very similar to the others. For instance I take Lisinopril which I'm guessing is very much like Ramipril. I also take what they call baby Aspirin or Low Dose Aspirin which is probably the same as Dispersible Aspirin and for survivors of heart surgery like us that's basically just a low level blood thinner. I also take Torosemide which is the same thing basically as Furosemide which basically is to prevent fluid build up since your heart is probably not as efficient about pumping fluids out of your system as it was before all the surgery, be prepared to pee more then you're used to. I also take Ezetimibe which is a fairly effective Cholesterol medicine. As for the others I don't take those particular medicines but I probably take something similar. Other then the increased peeing from the Furosemide I can't think of any ngative side effects from the other medicines. I would say everythng you listed is oretty much the standar course of treatment after open heart surgery basically designed to make life easier on your heart. The best things you can do after major heart surgery, which you're already doing is to keep active and to watch you diet.

Oh and on the cholesteral medicine, it's not so much about lowering your cholesteral as it is about giving you the right ratio of good cholesteral to bad cholesteral. It's possible to have a good overall cholesteral number (below 200) but it can still be bad if the ratio of LDL (Bad) to HDL (Good) is out of balance.
My bad cholesterol is also super low and they still push cholesterol drugs.
Im getting cataract surgery next month. Both eyes. It does feel like an old thing tho
Both of mine already done.
I’m thinking of going that route but don’t know anyone that has yet to see what they think. Most I know went with the clear lens

Would be worth it if they worked but if not would be a pain I think. Would be nice not to have to wear glasses but if I had to have them for reading, I would just assume wear them all the time. Screw looking for your glasses all the time. I hated that stage
I asked about having one done far and one close so as to not need glasses and my doctor advised against it, saying that it doesn't work out well for everyone.

I had my done at 105mm focal length, so the only time I need glasses is to drive so I read the signs far off. My driving glasses stay on the microwave by the car keys.

cola

I'm just happy to be me - don't need no other skin colours - don't need to look like nor be another sex - don't need to be able to breast feed - or gestate and have a baby - don't need hair even - why complicate life - when simplicity beats anxiety - every time? -

We are encouraged to feel sorry for those that say they can't feel comfortable with what they were born with - within their own skins - 😕 - that's just sad - 😞 - after all you get what you are given - and for a peaceful and tranquil life - its best to be satisfied with that - or you will just torment yourself and eventually go insane -

So true. Self-torment is the worst fate. There is no where to run to. And no where to hide. Pearce of mind is within. Like yours, when my significant other arrived here she wanted to change the way she looked. Especially her face. Went to the mall, and some Filipino ladies working there convinced her to buy some brown cream to cover her ash white face with. I could only laugh. Finally when we were communicating well enough I told her that people would pay a fortune to have her complexion, which this expensive dark cream hid, as well as for her natural skin color. I told her that she did not need anything on her face to look beautiful. Just use soap and water. Imagine that! She eventually took my advice and now does not wear anything. Our comforter's duvet covers stains reminds her why.:rolleyes:

Goldhedge

Well, as you know, Scooter is a Board Certified doctor (that's sexy doctor talk for uptown smartypants)***. He tooken me aside and gave me the true skinny:

Once you have the first Afib flutter, caffeine in any amount, even from "decaf" sources -- can trigger Afib.

***Only @60% of doctors even try to become Board Certified. And only 60% of them make it. eg: Upper class of doctors.

For your knowledge box (in case you don't have this info bit) -- there is a stupid little pointy pocket in the upper left ventrical of your heart.
Nobody knows WTF it is for, but we do know that when you get that "flutter", that little pointy pocket does NOT GET THE BLOOD IN IT PUMPED OUT. The flutter is too fast for it to be emptied.

So your heart beats at 150 beats a minute, jamming that blood in there good and tight.

What does blood do when it is left in a puddle somewhere? Yup. It congeals into a clot, right? And when the Afib stops, and your heart starts acting normally, that clot breaks free and begins to roam around your bod.

When the clot gets to your brain, Goldhedge has a massive stroke and turns into a fucking zombie and dies.

Am I being clear, here? This is no time for humor, and nothing in the above is exagerrated.

Lissen to yer Unca who is alive and typing this becuz Scooter saved my life twice.

NO FUCKING CAFFEINE. AT ALL. <-- Not even from your sainted grandmother. Got it?

Confirm. Sign Here: ____Goldhedge!___________________________
So we went to church today. A rare occurrence because the wife is allergic to scents and invariably, like today even, someone ends up standing next to us smelling like "a French whorehouse after a big Saturday night run" (thanks dad). Easter lilies are the worst!

I tell people I live in a scentsless home. It gets a laugh now and then.

In any case a family friend (35 now) did the sermon today and spoke about One Child and his experience growing up in abject poverty in India. He was sponsored as a child and his is an amazing story of struggle and success. As you may know there is a cast system in India and he was at the bottom rung. Living on the streets, dirt poor and no pockets to put it in. A few years ago he was able to work and save to buy a $25K condo for his mother and father and hand them the keys to an actual home they never had before.

After Unca's inspired declamations on the perilous hazards of arrhythmia I decided to forgo the black goo and instead of wasting the dough on something silly took up the challenge to help end abject poverty for a 4 yo child in Calcutta. $44/month seems like small change these days.

So Unca your powerful words have inspired me!

Thank you for the eloquent, although well-intended reproach on the evils of caffeinated beverages!

You have helped a child!

Goldhedge

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 5.32.59 PM.png

How long does it take to get past the sentry?

imiubu

is this mental illness or what?….

Happy Mental Illness Day

View attachment 19001138

We need a SMFH emoticon option.

I could see this in the instance of say...
mom passed away in childbirth and dad wants to bond, etc.
There are women who donate breast milk in such situations.

The smile on his face however leads me to think my aforementioned
possible scenario to be highly unlikely

imiubu

Would be worth it if they worked but if not would be a pain I think. Would be nice not to have to wear glasses but if I had to have them for reading, I would just assume wear them all the time. Screw looking for your glasses all the time. I hated that stage
That is the stage I am at currently.
Figured to buy several pairs to stash around the house.
I STILL find myself wandering around... WTF are my glasses.
Aging... gotta have a good sense of humor... and patience perhaps lol

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With cataract lens replacement, the Ciliary muscles can no longer change the shape of the lens to focus, so one lens doesn't fit all unless it is a progressively ground lens replacing the bifocal or trifocal.

Very little of my time is spent driving these days, but I spend a lot of time reading and, on the computer, which I can easily do without glasses with my 105mm lens.

Note I now keep a headset and cheap magnifier glasses for ultra fine work. Something else I do very little of.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
They start practicing as babies. The all try out their hiney feathers. It's cute -- sorta like little kids with Daddy's shoes on.

View attachment 19001078
They really get going as teenagers:
View attachment 19001079
Note all their neck feathers are green, like their momma's (she's the big one just to the right of her fluffed-up teenager. The boys' neck feathers turn electric blue when they mature.

Back when they were tiny, they stayed under mama. Looks like an 8-legged peahen:
View attachment 19001081

Trivia: My back yard. See that little flame tree in the pic below just to the left of the mango tree with the pink mangoes onnit? Hold yer hat. That sumbitch now reaches from the Norfolk Island pines on the left to OVER the mango tree. It exploded.

The little tree in between the mango and the Norfolk Island pines (now 60 feet tall) is a pecan tree. It is not one inch taller, and is less bushy after 15 years. Pecan trees do not like "sub-tropical marine" <-- Official South Floriduh climate description.
View attachment 19001082
Across that section of lawn, we've had a wild hog (which I shot and ate) several turkeys, foxes, otters, sandhill cranes (multi-colored examples) the usual racketycoons and iguanas, possums, rabbits, basilisks, a stink, and two lynxes... and doubtless other creatchy-poos I have not listed.
Here's a blurry foxie -- that's the macadamia nut tree behind his tail:
View attachment 19001092
oh wow man! that is quite the little menagerie there, is your property unfenced?
/whats on the other side of your property line
i never knew that they were born with green feathers and they turned blue in the males
we raise chickens, i wonder how my neighbors would feel if i came home with a couple peafowls
its hard to tell from the pic but is that a grey fox or a red fox?
again, love the stories and pics

the kit fox:
so once when me and the ex were camping in the desert we had a visitor!
this is a kit fox
kit fox_2.jpg

he was just curious about our campsite or was maybe drawn by the smell of food
he seemed cool and i got to observe him for several minutes before he took off
the next morning, the ex is PISSED! something pooped in our campsite
they looked like little cat turds and i was laughing my ass off until i realized she was not laughing at all
ok i said, lets track this f'r down
kit fox_3.jpg

/mind you i had no ill will towards the animal i just wanted to take the mrs mind off being mad
eventually, we find its den
kit fox_4.jpg

we actually went inside and it turned out the cave went way deeper into the hillside than i thought

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts