What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100% Organic PK and Cotton Candy x Hawaiian

ralph

And as we all know, the Cotton Candy is what? That's right.

Breeder Steve's Spice of Life ***SWEET TOOTH***
I disagree. Cotton Candy is very different from any Grapefruit cross and certainly on totally opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to Sweet Tooth.

The Mikado on the other hand is definitely a Grapefruit cross but its not as nice as the SWT, IMHO.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Supposedly CC is an afghani x blueberry. Sounds familiar to sweet tooth but not particularly the same. Whats grapefruits lineage?

I've had several successful grows with Federation's - Cotton Candy pheno. It's very difficult to patent a seed or "strain" of cannabis.

Never the less, it is a great strain for outdoors and is quite easy to grow. Not too strong smelling and moderate stativa high. I liked it for bho and kiefing personally. I flowered out my mom a year back when I found a superior sativa dominant.

peace brother

ralph

Yes, Cotton Candy is more sativa than SWT. I think it might be Afghani x Sativa (haze?) or something.

Thanks for the report!

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Thanks everyone i'm glad you enjoyed the report! I like the Cotton candy because the lasting head high. It also has a very nice citrus cleaner smell after being cured for a while. Its amazing how some buds do better cured and some are better fresh, the PK being one of them.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I like the smell and the smoke,but the cut I have is not a real good producer. Everyone loves it,just not a good cut to pay the rent with. Great high though. I'm thinking someone out there has made off with a better producing seed from this selection.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Breeder Steve said the Cotton Candy is from his Sweet Tooth and it is very possible it is from a Sativa dominant one because I have seen several Sweet Tooth phenos like this that have the citrus cleaner smell and the high you describe. Mostly Sweet Tooth is more indica dominant but not all are and there is sativa in it's background from the Thai used in DJ's Blueberry.

The Mikado is from the SPG cut.

;)

Old quote from a long reply about this from Breeder Steve way back:

One of Marc's ex-employees that came to work for one of my businesses actually stole two shipments of my seeds before he quit the shop and now kicks back making a tidy living as Cash Crop Ken. He wrote up what he thinks he knows about them, and together with his fence, Marc Emery, exploit the name Shishkeberry that I developed and popularised. In a civilized country I could successfully sue them, but in the cesspool of Marc Emery's current seed scene acts like this are everyday business.

Take for instance some of his employees working for shit wages and growing some good grass in their basement, thanks to clones from me they finally could actually get high from what they grew. These desperate boys are calling themselves Federation Seed Co. Let me set the record straight: Cotton Candy = Sweet Tooth, Island Sweet Skunk = Sweet Skunk, Mikado = Sweet Pink Grapefruit.

These are popular clones I've named and let loose. They claim to have developed them "over the years". Flash-in-the-pan seed company might have been a more appropriate name; they've already crumbled due to a combination of incompetence and shame. Just having my clones does not mean they know how to produce accurate seeds of them when they attempt to reproduce them "over the years" I had long ago told Marc when he asked, that I was not interested in doing knockoffs of others' work, in name or substance.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Breeder Steve said the Cotton Candy is from his Sweet Tooth and it is very possible it is from a Sativa dominant one because I have seen several Sweet Tooth phenos like this that have the citrus cleaner smell and the high you describe. Mostly Sweet Tooth is more indica dominant but not all are and there is sativa in it's background from the Thai used in DJ's Blueberry.

The Mikado is from the SPG cut.

;)

Old quote from a long reply about this from Breeder Steve way back:

Welcome to the world of cannabis breeding! All these polyhybrids and names, not enough time or space. All i know is the HxCC is very enjoyable, regardless where it came from(besides the grower of course).

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, some people like to know this stuff about what is what from where. Alot of breeders out there have made alot of life sacrifices & put in alot of hard work to bring certain strains to others. Grow on! :joint:

ForestBuds

Well, some people like to know this stuff about what is what from where. Alot of breeders out there have made alot of life sacrifices & put in alot of hard work to bring certain strains to others. Grow on! :joint:

Hi SOTF420... I am one of those people who like to know as much information possible about genetics because there is so much bullshit hype and dishonest statements out there.

I did try Sweet Tooth from a medical cannabis buyer club in Vancouver BC. It looked good to me. The smell was pretty appealing to me. I knew that I was in a ride because it is one of those special strains that I've heard about. I smoked it through a soda can with poked hole in a hotel room. It was still tasty like some kind of sugar in your mouth. The high was excellent... took me a step or two above than your normal high end strains. It made me feel so good about myself and everything else. It made me feel like I was experiencing something so special with the effect it had on me.

Overall.. I would rate it 8.5 with 9.5 for the taste. I'm sure there are many many proper grown maxed out sweet tooth out there that would put me into a greater state of bliss. I like outdoor buds better than indoor buds myself. I'm looking forward to any new seed release of Sweet Tooth! Is Spice of Life going to come out with any new strains this year? *Sorry if this has been answered*

I've always been on a hunt for the best genetics possible out there. I've learn a whole lot from you about Spice of Life seed company. You really have valuable knowledge about their strains. I thank you for sharing it, mark me as one of your fan!

Your posts were helpful for me to make right decision on how to acquire real SOL genetics. I was about to buy Cash Crop Ken's KISH but I decided not to because it didn't feel right to me. As of right now... a SOL pack is on the way to me from the boo =). I love the way you explain your love relationship with Sweet Tooth, I can imagine on how special it is!

This is what Federation Seeds says about their Cotton Candy strain.

What's in a name right?

Indoor
An old Vancouver Island strain that originates from Afghani and Haze seed lines, recognized by the medical community for its pain relief without the drowsiness. Wonderful fragrance with an earthy flavor and long lasting high. The Cotton Candy will produce one ounce of dense bud per gallon of soil/root mass. The Cotton Candy has deep green leaves with a bushy growth structure that makes it almost as wide as it is tall. Known for its astringent qualities, the Cotton Candy has an extreme drying effect and it is recommended a glass of water or juice should be at hand while medicating.

Flowering 8 weeks

http://www.*********.ca/seeds/federation/CottonCandy.html

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been told by a few people the Cotton Candy has "changed" since several years ago, so I have a feeling it was crossed to the romulan they have. I think it's a more sativa Sweet Tooth pheno x Romulan so that would be my guess as to what it is currently. Hey if it gets you high, smoke it! lol ;)

eskimo

Veteran
Supposedly CC is an afghani x blueberry. Sounds familiar to sweet tooth but not particularly the same. Whats grapefruits lineage?

cc is a afghani haze line

and if i rebember well mikado is the spg ...sweet thooth is grapefruit x bluebery ... thats what i read throuw the years

ralph

I have a friend who grows the SWT3 Mikado and Cotton candy. The cuts were selected from multiple packs which were bought in ~2000. Germ rate was still very good.

The CC is a completely different strain than SWT, like night and day. Mikado is the copy of SWT.

No offense to Steve but his information is second hand as I am sure he hasn't grown any Federation gear.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
So, Mikado is a SPG of some kind, interesting...
Smelled some Mikado's, they smell like minty-sweet-berry-spice-dank, very aromatic and special... Purple stripin on the best smella!

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Well i have some seeds of these that I'm gonna pop. This strain reminds me more of the Hawaiian sativa at least by description. it just has such a lemon candy smell that gets much better with curing. There's no point in burning it fresh, because it doesn't compare.