What's new

10 - Agrobar 720s over 6 - 4x8.5 ft rolling benches. F & D FTW

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much! How close did you get the tops to the lights? They are so close but look so good! Are the top buds closest any less terpy/smelly or the same as the rest?

Cheers!
They were too close this run. This is the closest ive ever gotten, some tops were 4-5ish inches away from bars. Way too close tbh. No less terpy, the only issue is the varied response when it comes to photobleaching. Our ogs all photobleached a little, the truffle and truffle mintz could be seriously 4-5 inches away and not one sign of stress or bleaching, its wild. This has been added to my list of things to consider when i place which strains in which location.

urislav3000

Hi very informative description of all your grows thanks for that.

I would be interested in your climate concept. What is the arrangement of your ac and your dehumidifiers. With the carbon filter I assume that you are not running a closed system? Is your mum and colne room also connected to it?

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Read this whole thing
Good stuff, thanks

You seem to operate the grows very profesionally, and your numbers are impressive

Want to drop this one off
This regards quality drops with K increase
I have been seeing same effect in my experience

And what about light reflectors for the sides?

weedemart

You can't achieve top tier results if you dont have everything dialed in and as other and I stated your nutrients solution is not optimal , other than that I think you could be limited by the size of the slab. Would be interesting to know how much you yield by slab on average. If you let the slab dry too much it will affect yield too.

Anyway it all depend on various factor.

theorical yield is dli * yield factor * number of days / surface

at constant dli , the number of days will have significant impact on the final yield, in theory.

thats why you can achieve incredible result on some metrics but it doesnt tell you if it outperformed a different scenario because it took longer time to achieve those result.

the sqft metrics have to be in balance with the effiency of the method to be cost-effective.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_6793.jpeg
IMG_6792.jpeg
Happy Ladies
Week 3

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All smooth in here so far, happy ladies, lights at 80%.
IMG_6897.jpeg

No matter what my truffle mintz curls downward. Its just a genetic trait. The budsite foliage does it from the start. Nothing else in the room is doing it,
TM curl….
IMG_6886.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

Roots look terrific….
IMG_6892.jpeg

Everything else NOT curling…..
IMG_6893.jpeg
IMG_6894.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

Transplanted clones as well, veg going strong
IMG_6876.jpeg

I dont think the TM curl issue is correctable, or even a real issue. Gg4 always has leaf twist, could simply just be an expression but im done obsessing over it 😒

Last edited:

Ca++

You might be going in a bit heavy with the feed. Overall there isn't much praying, but a bit of sagging. Some elongation that might be excessive, and the red stress markers that kinda bring it all together. They may need a bit more RH, or a bit less feed, to really look vigourous.

I realise you like this feed, and must run enough to get the K you need. There is a picture emerging though, where your plants look like they don't want so much N, and N in turn, antagonises K. Perhaps you have reached the point, where this feed is the next thing to change. Which would mean getting a lab to see what's really hiding in it. Before you could find something essentially the same, but with lower N. Alternatively, you could lower the EC 10%? then put the PK back. Just to have a look at what might be achieved.

Are you running a bit more EC than usual, or more regular applications? I don't remember seeing one of your crops like this. There looks like more branching in general.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might be going in a bit heavy with the feed. Overall there isn't much praying, but a bit of sagging. Some elongation that might be excessive, and the red stress markers that kinda bring it all together. They may need a bit more RH, or a bit less feed, to really look vigourous.

I realise you like this feed, and must run enough to get the K you need. There is a picture emerging though, where your plants look like they don't want so much N, and N in turn, antagonises K. Perhaps you have reached the point, where this feed is the next thing to change. Which would mean getting a lab to see what's really hiding in it. Before you could find something essentially the same, but with lower N. Alternatively, you could lower the EC 10%? then put the PK back. Just to have a look at what might be achieved.

Are you running a bit more EC than usual, or more regular applications? I don't remember seeing one of your crops like this. There looks like more branching in general.
I disagree regarding the feed strength/N. I significantly lowered our base. Were seeing textbook N deficiency this run on a few strains like white truffle and truffle mintz. Just standard lower leaf chlorosis. I backed the feed down this run compared to last by a solid 10-15%. RH is in check, we’re in week 3 sitting around 60%. What makes you suspect too much N? That downward curl i displayed as explained is just one strain. Nothing else is curling down. Also, downward curl is not always associated with Nitrogen. Not having any K issues either this past few runs or this one thus far. The more branching could just be these photos or strains in these shots. I think this run seems pretty similar structurally to our last one but i could be wrong. Time will tell! So will the tissue tests im sending off this week 😉. I did notice that the TM does have some redish stem action but thats it. Pretty much all other stems are green. I dunno, here i thought they were looking good but you have the eye and youve got me second guessing 🤔.

Ca++

Maybe they need some nitrous oxide (nos). Then they will grow like fock, and we will all be pissing ourselves :)
I have been in a similar situation, with dropping leaves, yet very green curling at the top. It can be a few things as you say, so it's good to hear it's not an overall N toxicity. Though that leaves me wondering. Just today I'm feeding low, dropping leaves, raising the N to find what some new plants like. While looking at the solitary kinky leaf. Folding itself from some odd growth spurt. It's in the lower stuff though, and so an accumulation over time seems more likely. At the top, it's usually a more recent change that happened. High watering frequency, with low nh4 can pump them full of water quickly (we are told). I have noticed water use increases a lot at the onset of buds. This could be a cause for over feeding, in some cases.
Do you increase light, watching the top leaves as an indicator? Maybe I'm seeing some sag, as you just tweaked the lights. That tends to increase water flow to the top, and reduce the praying appearance.

It's good to hear you just did a tissue sample. It's a lot more use than a bro's opinion of a few pics. I look forward to seeing that :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe they need some nitrous oxide (nos). Then they will grow like fuck, and we will all be pissing ourselves :)
I have been in a similar situation, with dropping leaves, yet very green curling at the top. It can be a few things as you say, so it's good to hear it's not an overall N toxicity. Though that leaves me wondering. Just today I'm feeding low, dropping leaves, raising the N to find what some new plants like. While looking at the solitary kinky leaf. Folding itself from some odd growth spurt. It's in the lower stuff though, and so an accumulation over time seems more likely. At the top, it's usually a more recent change that happened. High watering frequency, with low nh4 can pump them full of water quickly (we are told). I have noticed water use increases a lot at the onset of buds. This could be a cause for over feeding, in some cases.
Do you increase light, watching the top leaves as an indicator? Maybe I'm seeing some sag, as you just tweaked the lights. That tends to increase water flow to the top, and reduce the praying appearance.

It's good to hear you just did a tissue sample. It's a lot more use than a bro's opinion of a few pics. I look forward to seeing that :)
Every 2-3 days im upping them 5%, so a bump may have just happened. I dunno, well see when the lab gets back to us. Doing 3 of our house strains this time.

Last edited:

Ca++

3? nice. Is the curly one on the list.

I wish I could dial things in with tissue sampling. That's a serious tool at your disposal. I have done run-off every week, and even more regular through transition. Tissue is the real deal though. Some farmers have never even checked their fields. They are still professional growers, but you are getting into Bachelor's degree agronomy now. I hope you continue to bring us all along for the ride :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3? nice. Is the curly one on the list.

I wish I could dial things in with tissue sampling. That's a serious tool at your disposal. I have done run-off every week, and even more regular through transition. Tissue is the real deal though. Some farmers have never even checked their fields. They are still professional growers, but you are getting into Bachelor's degree agronomy now. I hope you continue to bring us all along for the ride :)
We are on the fence about keeping the Truffle Mintz, she checks a LOT of boxes. Great terps, very candied grapey gasoline and truffle earthy back end, leaves a very sweet candied flavor on the tongue. Very cool color, massive yield, but she seems irritated with our light intensity. I wanted to test her but ultimately decided its best to check on our front runners, the Tom Ford Og, White Truffle(also displays the downward curl just more towards the end, and is the parent of Truffle Mintz) and Raskals Fire. It wasnt cheap so its a tough choice. If we keep the Truffle Mintz or have an ah ha moment here from these results ill test her next. Im testing a ton of genetics at the moment. 8 female testers this run. 10 more going in next run.

Here is what i meant by N deficiency displayed here with this N hungry looking white truffle….
IMG_6905.jpeg

Its not the only hungry gal, but all the hungry ladies are white truffle or tom ford which feed heavy.

Here is what i meant about the red stems up top with light exposure vs below looking green and healthy, this top to bottom of the same plant…..
IMG_6906.jpeg
IMG_6907.jpeg
IMG_6908.jpeg

So i dunno, i think these lights are a lot to handle and some of them can handle it while others cant. Thankfully ive got a lot to play with soon.

8 testers this run:
-3 peat og - dna
-92 og - dna
-Triangle kush s1 - csi
-Nana glue - square one - 2 phenos
-WTF - white truffle x tom ford og - our own breeding - 2 phenos
Three Blue Kings - Humboldt seed co

Those are all in flower and thus far are stable females.

Coming up next im focusing on more candied stuff since the market is all about “candy gas” here.
Seedlings in Veg
2 - Giggle Gas - Solfire
2 - Bahama Bussdown - Solfire
2 - Peach Candy - La Chanavriere
2 - Lemon Cherry Gelato Bx1 - LIT
2 - Apples and Bananas x LIT OG - LIT

The goal after its all said and done is to keep 12 strains. Dripping in terps, icy looking and yielders who can handle 1400+ umol without being all bitchy like TM haha.

Ca++

The reports will be interesting. I can hear myself back peddling as I look at them more and more. I can't accept that red is light intensity, when you are around 250w per meter. Not unless there is a problem with the lights. I'm still not quite grasping the science, but there has been suggestion that the red is sugars that didn't get used. P is important to move them about, and in other aspects of there use. Yet P isn't really reported as showing like this. The view up through some leaves, shows stripes likely from a metals issue. These stripes look a light colour, suggesting Mg. Mg being the other red stems relation. However, there is a little Ca showing also. It's a lot going on. If they were not curling I would of said more food. This is of course why tissue samples are worth so much to the people able to make sense of them.
I think the curly may just be very capable of pulling N from solution. Without that plant in the system, other plants may get a greater share of what you put in. Plants will take from the tank, before their own stores. So this high N up top, yet dropping leaves, is in theory possible. Which would mean it has to go.
Those rapitest kits, look at n p and k separately. It's a very cheap and rough test method, but might answer what's happening with these curly leaves. Once the results are compared to other plants. $20 buys 10 tests of each. Enough to give comparative results. Then when the lab comes back to you, you can put some numbers to what the cheap test actually said. Allowing you to assess their usefulness going forward.

You think the White Truffle and Tom Ford are one's I should try? If one is 8 weeks, I could probably find it over here.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The reports will be interesting. I can hear myself back peddling as I look at them more and more. I can't accept that red is light intensity, when you are around 250w per meter. Not unless there is a problem with the lights. I'm still not quite grasping the science, but there has been suggestion that the red is sugars that didn't get used. P is important to move them about, and in other aspects of there use. Yet P isn't really reported as showing like this. The view up through some leaves, shows stripes likely from a metals issue. These stripes look a light colour, suggesting Mg. Mg being the other red stems relation. However, there is a little Ca showing also. It's a lot going on. If they were not curling I would of said more food. This is of course why tissue samples are worth so much to the people able to make sense of them.
I think the curly may just be very capable of pulling N from solution. Without that plant in the system, other plants may get a greater share of what you put in. Plants will take from the tank, before their own stores. So this high N up top, yet dropping leaves, is in theory possible. Which would mean it has to go.
Those rapitest kits, look at n p and k separately. It's a very cheap and rough test method, but might answer what's happening with these curly leaves. Once the results are compared to other plants. $20 buys 10 tests of each. Enough to give comparative results. Then when the lab comes back to you, you can put some numbers to what the cheap test actually said. Allowing you to assess their usefulness going forward.

You think the White Truffle and Tom Ford are one's I should try? If one is 8 weeks, I could probably find it over here.
Well the other reason i believe it to be light is because of the striping. Where there is a constant shadow up top, the stem is green. Like a green stripe within a reddish stem. Its also only some strains showing this and they are the ones that turn purple. But again, tests tell us more than our assumptions for sure.

The Tom Ford is our strain and she needs 9 weeks(i realize there is another one on the internet but its not ours). As for the white truffle if you can find a legit cut i would grab it. I run her to 9 weeks but shes fully ready by 8.

Latest posts

Latest posts