What's new

10 - Agrobar 720s over 6 - 4x8.5 ft rolling benches. F & D FTW

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Havent updated here in a while. Too much to do each day. Pleased to say we hit a goal mark - 30.17 lbs. I dont know how these 80-100g per sq/ft guys do it. I had this one stuffed to the gills and pulled 54.7 g/sq/ft. Huge tops and stacked all the way down. I dunno, just seems unthinkable that i could get over 50 units in this space, no idea where it could fit/exist? If double the material were in here i can only imagine a rotten moldy thicket of despair. Are they basing it off of trimmed or raw weight with these numbers? Bc untrimmed just bucked down im at 68 g/sq/ft. Anyway, the quality was the best yet, i cooled the room down more than ever the last couple weeks, extremely terpy, sticky and glistening like crazy.

IMG_6539.jpeg
IMG_6551.jpeg
IMG_6582.jpeg
IMG_6583.jpeg
IMG_6595.jpeg
IMG_6591.jpeg
IMG_6592.jpeg
IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6547.jpeg
IMG_6668.jpeg

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bench 1
IMG_6651.jpeg

Bench 2
IMG_6652.jpeg

Bench 3
IMG_6653.jpeg

Bench 4
IMG_6654.jpeg

Bench 5
IMG_6655.jpeg

Bench 6
IMG_6656.jpeg

3 screens again, hell i may add a 4th. Keeping everything upright i do think really helped bump the yield up. Made for more even anthocyannin production too. When things lodge or fall over, often times ill have buds where one side will color up and not the other underneath unless i flip them over which isnt ideal. Wrestling all these girls into their homes here was not easy. Hoping i can keep them down even more than last run but doubt i can. Stoked to see most strains handled 1500+ umol in some spots like champs last time. Testing 8 seed testers in nft buckets this run too. We bred our tom ford to white truffle, two phenos of that going. Two nana glues, three kings x blue dream(old seeds), triangle kush s1, 3 peat og and 93 og. Looking forward to a solid run. I will battle more ambient heat this round since were headed into summer. Cheers 🍻

IMG_6650.jpeg

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Havent updated here in a while. Too much to do each day. Pleased to say we hit a goal mark - 30.17 lbs. I dont know how these 80-100g per sq/ft guys do it. I had this one stuffed to the gills and pulled 54.7 g/sq/ft. Huge tops and stacked all the way down. I dunno, just seems unthinkable that i could get over 50 units in this space, no idea where it could fit/exist? If double the material were in here i can only imagine a rotten moldy thicket of despair. Are they basing it off of trimmed or raw weight with these numbers? Bc untrimmed just bucked down im at 68 g/sq/ft. Anyway, the quality was the best yet, i cooled the room down more than ever the last couple weeks, extremely terpy, sticky and glistening like crazy.

View attachment 19001670 View attachment 19001669 View attachment 19001663 View attachment 19001662 View attachment 19001661 View attachment 19001664 View attachment 19001665 View attachment 19001666 View attachment 19001667 View attachment 19001660
When buds shine like that thats the quality for shure....or like you said before 2 me its harvested to early 🤣🤣.
Seems that some cultivars you dialed in to perfection this time.
Its always good to lower humidity and temps last few weeks,anyway nice harvest.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When buds shine like that thats the quality for shure....or like you said before 2 me its harvested to early 🤣🤣.
Seems that some cultivars you dialed in to perfection this time.
Its always good to lower humidity and temps last few weeks,anyway nice harvest.
You are confusing me with Hammer, i saw that comment. Clear, Cloudy and amber trichome heads all glisten. I do think other things in your product indicate an early harvest but what you like is all that matters when its for personal. Often times photos dont show sparkle very well. Thanks for the kind words.

Ca++

Nicely done. I can see you got at least 130g per foot, judging by the 100g pics. Your scales must be broke :)

I respect you for your honesty. Yields in the mid 20s per meter are as much as anybody should expect. If you search the seed sites, or even google for high yields, you will see it's top of the shop. I just found one site claiming higher, with bubba kush and super silver haze listed 600-1500gpm. They may have pretend diaries to support these claims. However, we know these plants, and can see the band of 600-1500 is just far too wide. Purely to cover the people who get 600g, but wanted 1500. It may even be the outdoor figure.

I spent some time on the highest claiming seeds. Things in the 650-800g bracket, where no real seed bank will venture beyond in it's advertising. I was up against a wall at around 650, with weed that was bred with such focus on yield, that is was mids, if I'm being polite.

Someone will always have a bigger one. Then someone else's will have to be bigger. Message one, asking if you know them, as your mate also averages 100. Pointing out it's an average though. Sometimes he does some low yielding but nice stuff, and only gets 650, but other times they get 120 or even 130g. They will be straight back agreeing theirs is an average, and they also sometimes get 130 or ever 140. Along with something to garner some worship.

However. If you were to do just 1sqm, the situation changes. You might have that 1sqm canopy, and another 4sqm around the sides. If you want more yield, you need to think about more bud sites. That way, you are not cramming more into your canopy to rot it. Instead, you need new bud sites away from the canopy. We know your available power won't allow it there, but perhaps one day you can pull reasonable bottoms. Something you could mix in, or process, and most people are certainly adding to their weigh-in. The stuff like this, that you personally don't let develop
dry5-6.jpg

That is that 6g twig I was following over it's 8 weeks, in an unfavourable location. The worst of my bottoms. There is a fair 4g there though. With more light, I feel you could certainly do more yield. With more space, such as a center isle, the situation gets better.
100g is conceivable, which is why some will say they have done it. I don't think it's coming from the heads alone though. Which is your market.

I really think you are doing fine, and your rationalisation of the situation, is worth a lot more than superficial internet claims. You have been to the pub, or fishing, and heard the claims. 40% of people admit they just lie (when anonymous studies are done). Pick at least 10% of claims to be outliers, and what's left is worth competing with. You are very close to godliness, and your plant health and bud quality suggest you will soon be walking on water :)

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
You are confusing me with Hammer, i saw that comment. Clear, Cloudy and amber trichome heads all glisten. I do think other things in your product indicate an early harvest but what you like is all that matters when its for personal. Often times photos dont show sparkle very well. Thanks for the kind words.
as far as I can see, there are still brown and bronze spots on the leaves, a man learns as long as he lives. One day you will hopefully correct that too.
🫡😉

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nicely done. I can see you got at least 130g per foot, judging by the 100g pics. Your scales must be broke :)

I respect you for your honesty. Yields in the mid 20s per meter are as much as anybody should expect. If you search the seed sites, or even google for high yields, you will see it's top of the shop. I just found one site claiming higher, with bubba kush and super silver haze listed 600-1500gpm. They may have pretend diaries to support these claims. However, we know these plants, and can see the band of 600-1500 is just far too wide. Purely to cover the people who get 600g, but wanted 1500. It may even be the outdoor figure.

I spent some time on the highest claiming seeds. Things in the 650-800g bracket, where no real seed bank will venture beyond in it's advertising. I was up against a wall at around 650, with weed that was bred with such focus on yield, that is was mids, if I'm being polite.

Someone will always have a bigger one. Then someone else's will have to be bigger. Message one, asking if you know them, as your mate also averages 100. Pointing out it's an average though. Sometimes he does some low yielding but nice stuff, and only gets 650, but other times they get 120 or even 130g. They will be straight back agreeing theirs is an average, and they also sometimes get 130 or ever 140. Along with something to garner some worship.

However. If you were to do just 1sqm, the situation changes. You might have that 1sqm canopy, and another 4sqm around the sides. If you want more yield, you need to think about more bud sites. That way, you are not cramming more into your canopy to rot it. Instead, you need new bud sites away from the canopy. We know your available power won't allow it there, but perhaps one day you can pull reasonable bottoms. Something you could mix in, or process, and most people are certainly adding to their weigh-in. The stuff like this, that you personally don't let develop
View attachment 19001712
That is that 6g twig I was following over it's 8 weeks, in an unfavourable location. The worst of my bottoms. There is a fair 4g there though. With more light, I feel you could certainly do more yield. With more space, such as a center isle, the situation gets better.
100g is conceivable, which is why some will say they have done it. I don't think it's coming from the heads alone though. Which is your market.

I really think you are doing fine, and your rationalisation of the situation, is worth a lot more than superficial internet claims. You have been to the pub, or fishing, and heard the claims. 40% of people admit they just lie (when anonymous studies are done). Pick at least 10% of claims to be outliers, and what's left is worth competing with. You are very close to godliness, and your plant health and bud quality suggest you will soon be walking on water :)
I really appreciate it man. Not easy dealing with all of this but i love it a lot. Im limited powerwise for sure or maybe i could dial into higher numbers more easily. Every run is a fresh start and an opportunity to do better. Tweaking a few things this run, gotta keep trying! Thanks for the encouraging words my friend.

Alatrist

Such an amazing grow @Crooked8

I love to see such a nice yield, such kind of buds and that dense canopy...
May I ask how deep your canopy is?
I guess you dont have any larf as it all looks big and hard...
Thanks for showing this as it inspires a lot!

Cheers!

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Used a similar style for years, sans the led, wasn't really a thing yet. And instead of the slabs, I would fill the trays with a 1 to 2 inch layer of the grow cubes/chunks, then cover it with panda film white side up and cut squares out to set the blocks on top of. Created a huge slab that had amazing aeration. Kept feeding frequency down as well, which allowed for better observation of how the plants were reacting to what they were being fed. Not to mention lots of room for roots to spread out.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cheers!
Thanks so much I love what I do 😊, I thank you for checking it out!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Used a similar style for years, sans the led, wasn't really a thing yet. And instead of the slabs, I would fill the trays with a 1 to 2 inch layer of the grow cubes/chunks, then cover it with panda film white side up and cut squares out to set the blocks on top of. Created a huge slab that had amazing aeration. Kept feeding frequency down as well, which allowed for better observation of how the plants were reacting to what they were being fed. Not to mention lots of room for roots to spread out.
I used to run my trays ebb and flow with chunks when i first started out with hydro. It gave some good results but it was a huge mess. Removal was a pain in the ass for real. Debris everywhere….When i started with slabs it was a holy moment for me. Better control/consistency with drying back and not even 1% of the mess the chunks were. Its also cheaper than the number of bags of chunks required. The slabs are just more consistent, cost effective and way easier to remove. Thats been my experience anyway. If you look back at some of my media from like 2013-2014 youll see trays under hps with chunks.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cheers!
Thanks so much! The canopy is about 18-24in deep id say, if you notice in the photos, the trellis is basically designed to have a sort of basket on stilts look. I try to train everything to “stay in the basket” so to speak. Each one is about 4 ft x 10 ft and about 2ft deep. Ill measure sometime, not exactly sure on the depth number. And the larf is absolutely kept to a minimum. There is still some stuff here and there that we bin for other use but its probably 1% or less total. Cheers!