What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10,000 watts. med grow. smoke local kush everyday.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
I got most of the clones planted. just gotta put in the Afghan Kush. I'm only running 8 lights right now because 16 of my clones just weren't even worth trying to bring back.

It's really hard for me to get a full room shot because the room is really big and I have things in awkward places, so I cant get a good shot. But I'll try my best to get good pics along the way.

pic 1- Left side of the room...The big empty space in the middle will be filled soon.

pic 2- Right side of the room.

pic 3- Blueberry

pic4- Pure Kush...the clone in the background probably isn't gonna make it.

I transplanted the clones pretty young, so they are a little bit shocked at the moment, but give them a week or two and they will be bouncing back with a vengeance. I am planning on flipping them 4-5 weeks from now.

See you soon.

Attachments

• DSC02816.JPG
    DSC02816.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC02817.JPG
    DSC02817.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
  • PICT1021
    PICT1021
    75 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02819.JPG
    DSC02819.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 16

Legaldroman

yeah i wanted to get the dehumidifier for it, but i already went over budget on this grow. but believe me i wanted one so badly.

and i hear you krunch. i coulda got cheaper, but i decided to buy new and the noise reduction sold me. not to mention the lines come pre charged which is amazing...just be careful running them.

Yo bro, I just bought the 5 ton stealth and its being shipped right now, would love someone to help guide me as this last a/c 5 ton from topaz was a disaster!!!! What do you mean by just be careful running the precharged lines? Thanks for any info in advance.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
nice man....5 ton stealth *drool*

how many lights you runnin if you dont mind me asking?

anywayyys..yeah its pretty damn easy. wire up the handler to its own breaker. and then wire up the compressor/outside unit. make sure you call to get the amps down because for some reason this unit doesnt say the amps anywhere...or maybe yours will because we told austin at excel and he was like 'holy shit thanks..you just saved us a law suit we will have to add that'

ok...once you have everything wired up..its time to run copper..by pre charged i mean that the copper comes with the refrigerant already in the lines, so whatever you do dont kink it. and make sure all the resealable fitting are straight on and tight when you screw them on...for the bigger once give it a gentle wiggle to make sure it get threaded all the way...we dont want any leaks!!

there are 3 lines.

line 1- big line with big fittings on both ends..goes from the compressor to the air handler
line2- another big line..with a big fitting on one side and smaller one on the other. the big end goes to the outside unit and the smaller end goes to the compressor
line3- the smaller line goes from the air handler to the outside unit.

it comes with instructions inside the air handler or the compressor im pretty sure. the whole thing is an easy install as far as hvac goes. aside from all that make just make sure you dont fuck that copper up..just take an easy with it.

sorry i rambled..make sure you double check my facts incase anything changed with the system..just read the instructions..any other questions..just post here.

maxmurder

Veteran
sweet room. home depot and lowes has 12 inch insulated ducting 25 feet long. bummer about your clones..
peace mm

Legaldroman

ISmoke,
Thanks big time for the info! I had such a headache with this 5 ton topaz stand alone unit, I was running 10 lights with no air cooling and the unit failed.....DISASTER! So after that nightmare, I'm trying to get the best equipment in the business. I'm running a completely sealed room with 12 1000's, Super Sun hoods and no air cooling or glass. More than anything I'm just looking for a unit that isn't going to fail. I can't sleep at night because I'm so scared my unit is going to shut off and kill my op. Hopefully I made the right choice with the excel, I really appreciate having someone here to help. Thanks again for the info.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
just make sure you install it right, and wire it goood. when your running 12 lights plus a big 5 ton a/c you gotta be careful. I'm running a 4 ton and 10 lights and I don't on my stove or drier while my lights are on for fear of tripping a breaker.

Legaldroman

just make sure you install it right, and wire it goood. when your running 12 lights plus a big 5 ton a/c you gotta be careful. I'm running a 4 ton and 10 lights and I don't on my stove or drier while my lights are on for fear of tripping a breaker.

Haha no doubt about that! I'm not too worried about power, we're in a warehouse with a 400 amp breaker.:pimp3: The Topaz I'm running right now is actually more amps than the 5 ton excel. Topaz is about 37.5 amps. I'm running a C.A.P. MLC 16 at this location to plug in 12 next gen ballast in the bloom room. I've got another 6 lights on a MLC 8 in my veg room. We run all 240v and have everything professionally wired in. I could turn on like another 20 lights at this location if I wanted to :dance013:.
What temps are you running in your bloom room with the excel and 10 lights?

igorski

OMFG, how much power!!!! Huge yields... Lucky medicals... Even most of people with prescriptions look pretty healthy to me...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
ismoke - Watchin your grow with enthusiasm but I would make a single recomendation. I would leave the Gravity and Snowstorm out. I used them both for two runs and they did give me denser, tighter nugs and the snowstorm I couldnt really tell a diff on resin content. The one major difference I noticed is they took away the real dank flavor and smell of the finished product. I dont know how but they just dont have the same smell or taste when used as they did when I didnt use them. The quality was still good but I could really tell the difference they made. Gonna use something else on my next grow or just leave them be but no more of either of those in my garden.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
thanks guys...

As for the gravity/snowstorm, I know what you mean. Most bloom enhancers do kinda mess with the overall quality. I used bloombastic the past couple harvests and decided to switch to gravity/snowstorm as my bloom enhancer. Now, you're making me second guess because this is why I switched from bloombastic.

Maybe I'll just try the gravity...hmmm. ill take a few pics in a little while...running a 4k veg right now btw..still really pissed about these clones. They were so shocked when I got them that I lost 10-15 of them and the others I am losing like a week or 2 just to bounce back. some are looking super nice though.

Legaldroman

Try House and Garden Shooting Powder and watch the results. I haven't noticed a reduction in flavor with this booster and it's the real deal. I Run all House and Garden Aqua Flakes with all additives...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
ismoke - I just cant lose that kinda flavor on my ladies again and I was a true believer while they were growing. But once I got the into late flower I could tell something wasnt right. My Sweet Tangerine still had the intense orange smell but not the offensive orange pungent funk as in earlier runs. Tried it for 2 runs using both and they are the culprits for sure. Just wanted to give you the heads up before you do the same to your crop.

R

RedRain

5 ton ac's need a dedicated 40 amp breaker for the outdoor unit

its really bad to leave the lineset all coiled like that, oil will be trapped and starve the compressor

either which way everything is looking sweet

i would lose the hood, it just slows down the air...air is like water....consider that when it has to flow out of that tiny hole....or you can mount the air handler on its side, just make sure to have the drip pan facing the correct way...
threaded rod and metal bar will do the trick...3/8 of an inch for the ready rod...

mount your thermostat in an opposite corner where there is no air flow to maintain an even temp

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
without the hood on the a/c then the air that is gonna come out the top is just going to keep getting sucked behind/under the handler then back out...

more pics in a few days...waitin for these clones to take off.

R

RedRain

not at all, trust me the air will not be sucked back in

that air handler has to be moving 400cfms per ton to transfer the cold into the air, or the refrigerant will start to freeze the coils...
so your air hander is running at least 2000cfms..place a couple fans on the wall and you will be able to cool your room down no problem...

that hood will work, but the air will lose so much speed just swirling around in there and then making a harsh 90 turn to exit a smaller hole.....ducting will just start to have condensate form and drip everywhere and its slows down the air...

not needed is just what I am trying to say

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
hmmm..yeah its 2000 cfm, but it blows strait up, so i'm more worried about the air hitting the ceiling then going back down and getting sucked back into the handler...i dunno maybe i'm wrong, and i get what you mean about the restricted air flow from the 90 degree turn, but it's a big room to cool so i just want to make sure i do it the best way.

R

RedRain

well you can remove the hood and see what the temps are and how long it takes to cool down the room....where do you have the thermostat located? make sure its not bolted to the airhandler...try to place it in an opposite corner of the room from the handler

try it and see if it works for you...

either which way you are doing an awesome job...I cant wait to see how these girls turn out!

also if you pop the top cover off, you can adjust the fan speed..normally there is a black wire with a spade connector on the motor,..there will either be a sticker with number 1-5 or low to high in 5 increments...just remember not to slow it down past the middle, or your coil will freeze up..but you can always increase the speed a tad

Latest posts

Latest posts