What's new

1 swamp + 32gallon trashcan x 20 = ?

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not cool, not cool at all. i definitely remember the name now. i don't understand why the government cares so much about a damn plant. did he delete his user name and everything like silverback? anyone heard anything about silverback?

not cool, not cool at all. i definitely remember the name now. i don't understand why the government cares so much about a damn plant. did he delete his user name and everything like silverback? anyone heard anything about silverback?

i have no idea but its really shitty not getting updates from them. i hope they are just laying low and their crops are doing well. im sooo paranoid of choppers these days...

nomaad

Veteran
Well boys, got some bad news. Went out today and im not sure ive saved any of them soon enough. You guys will shit when you see the pics. Ive got trees in my back yard down from all the water. Trees 20 years old. Where the plants were is 6foot deep right now. The trail i cut to bring them closer worked but too little to late im thinking. Too much rain man...never seen it like this but i should have prepared better.

Thank god i had a male i didnt see shoot some pollen their way. Should get some good seeds out of it at least. Ill get you guys some pics....its freaking crazy

It aint over...next go around starts AFTER the rainy season..

swamped by the swamp. that sucks. real sorry to hear this. i have no doubt that you won't let the swamp win the next one.

also would love news of those two cats.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
It aint over...next go around starts AFTER the rainy season..

that is the heart bro; you can grow all year long there anyway...

this kind of shit happens to me all the time. since i started growing gorila style some years ago, so many plants have been lost to unexpected weather conditions at the specific chosen spots. but it all proves worthy as now i have a much better idea of what to do and what not to do and are thus able to pull more buds with success without loosing much. when growing outdoors, we always loose some though, to bugs, mold, fungus, rippers, amongst many others.

much love and respect bro

peace

420fied

I hate hearing this......

you will come back better than ever though because you have balls the size of a Volkswagen.

Good luck my brother.

still2big

:badday:

WTF, Silverback is gone too??? My god the boys are droping like flies this year.

Whats a year outdoor without a FP thread....

Dont worry about me fellas. Thanks for the kind words, glad you boys stuck around as long as you did. Ive got some veggin now that will replace these. Wont be 6ft tall but it will still be worth watchin. Ill get you guys some pics out there after the weekend. Its freaking crazy the water out here. Everyone is hoping like hell the rain stops.

You boys have a save weekend

Wfw1

Keep it up man, at least it teaches you a mighty fine lesson about what to prepare for next time right? Can't wait to see whats coming up.

growshower

sorry to hear about your loss man, but i think it is great you can just start right over after this rainy season, ready to see 1 swamp + 32 gallon trashcan x 40 v.2.0

jakezking

S2B, dude.... I know you had to feel like you were punched in the gut, but you got your wind back quickly and strong. And, looking at the bright side - you probably learned more from this year going south than you would have if it would have been perfect. Also, think about how much you have taught the rest of us along the way - dude, you've probably saved some serious pounds by sharing this grow with us here! I know I'm not the only one who says thanks to you, not only for sharing this grow but for getting back up with a positive attitude. You rock, my friend!

jakeh

S2B, dude.... I know you had to feel like you were punched in the gut, but you got your wind back quickly and strong. And, looking at the bright side - you probably learned more from this year going south than you would have if it would have been perfect. Also, think about how much you have taught the rest of us along the way - dude, you've probably saved some serious pounds by sharing this grow with us here! I know I'm not the only one who says thanks to you, not only for sharing this grow but for getting back up with a positive attitude. You rock, my friend!

I'll second that. My next thread will be "knowing what I know now what would I have done differently this year". I've been fighting everything under the sun this year. Armadillos knocked me down early and termites have kicked my ass to a degree I dont really like to talk about. I tried alot of different things and a variation of what you did this year would have eliminated a majority of my problems. A large container would have prevented:
1. termite damage
2. animal damage
3. flood damage (with modifications I'm sure you will show us soon)
4. no wasted water or nutrients
5. more frequent visits

If there is a next year for me (I say this every year) it will be no more than 4 large container plants based loosely around your model. Looking forward to seeing how you are going to finish the year. Good luck and again thanks for posting. I have learned a lot from your well documented effort and benefited more than you know.

snowman06

dam just caught back up on your thread sux to hear bout your problems man. Rain is pretty bad where Iam at to but there doing ok. Hope your new babies your putting out turn out ok. Well there is one thing I would go look 4 around your way and thats shrroms. least they like all the rain.

Swampthangs!

Swampthangs!

Hey man, Droppin in for an update! Would love to see some pics bro. The swamp I was growing in was flooded as well. I had to strip down to my Skibbys and wade in to rescue my plants.. Some were floating around in the 4 ft of water.. It was nuts. If I had waited another hour they would have been washed far away! All of the plants were rescued and I drug them up to higher ground. I tore the fuck outta my feed on the saw grass, but they were saved. I damn there cut my toe off on a piece of sawgrass, no shit! That shit aint no joke! Best of luck with the swamp grow, 2 big! I cant wait to see some recent pics!
If nothing else this will get u some seed and be a learning experience to come back in next summer and do it even bigger ;)

GFam

still2big

Yeah i need to get back out there and take some pics. Might just take the canoe out there. Its chest high right now and id hate to have to fight a gator in that deep of water. Im hoping the one can has made it thru. If not there should be some seeds on it at least.

Wfw1

Can't wait too see how it looks. Chest high jesus christ I'd be in the canoe too. Whats the plan from here s2b?