1 swamp + 32gallon trashcan x 20 = ?

R

randude101

Attachments

• black bayou john boat.jpg
    black bayou john boat.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 9

Open Eyes

Well im tuckin my balls in and going back out unarmed tomorrow morning...just got some good rain. I keep thinking about last year in august. That spot was a foot deep in water at best...if i cant see em when its dry the wet season is gonna be pure hell!

man up son........

How can you tuck balls in when they are the size of bowling balls?

Dude, seriously, you got some big ass balls messing around on gators territory so you have my respect. The shit they make us do is what gets me. A friend of mine, hehe, has to cycle 30 miles one way on bike to reach his plot in the middle of the night down some godforsaken back ass country lane but i would rather do that then be eaten by gators. On the other hand those girls are gonna be massive so that is what drives you i guess.

still2big

haha, yeah it sucks i cant just grow em in my back yard bro...

Well went out this morning. Took a machete with me though. No gator or skunk ape either but it feels kind of creepy out there now. It was different a month ago, you could see really well out there and i guess i hadnt really noticed just how much its all grown up.

F

fatcat666

at least you don't got an insane bear eating all your fertilizer, ripping up your greenhouse for fun, ripping open bales of promix, and biting through all you water containers. he is fucking nuts. i think he drank a gallon of gasoline out of a jerry can also. he likes to avoid stomping on my plants though. definately fucked.

i hear ya about how different locations will "feel". i came back after 2 weeks away and EVERYTHING was grown in, could barely see the trail, grass growing in my plot and camo'ing my plants a bit better. feels nice and lush in there.

Wayzer

Great Thread 2big!

I can't wait to see the 2big buds your 2big plants produce!

Good growing and Good Luck!

nomaad

Veteran
viven los guerillos! respect for holding it down in the wilderness... making sure all growers don't get soft like us norcal backyard pussies. nice one.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you get worried about critters digin in your cans(they love bad smelling ferts) Put mothballs around if you can they are the best critters hate the smell. Very nice swamp grow.

nomaad

Veteran
Actually, last Saturday a six-foot-seven Sheriff's deputy was looking over my fence... made me take down 9 plants in my black box (leaving me with 18 in 65 gal smartpots in the black box and 18 in 200gals full of roots and 707)... does that count as a sasquatch?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crazy about the myserious growl bro,id be sketched goin back out there too yo...i think id have to be strapped up if i had heard that and had to go back...soldier on homie.peace-T-

.clunk

at least you don't got an insane bear eating all your fertilizer, ripping up your greenhouse for fun, ripping open bales of promix, and biting through all you water containers. he is fucking nuts. i think he drank a gallon of gasoline out of a jerry can also.

I think that deranged bear must have a brother who is tormenting me, too. He's eaten 2 full cans of camo green spray paint, a water timer, chewed several buckets of fertilizer, gnawed waterlines, eaten a giant bag of epsom salts and trashed a bunch of other stuff.

I don't mean to be gross here, but the only way I could get him to take off was by defecating all over the place...some bad mexican food helped out, I'm not joking!
I tried urinating everywhere, spreading mothballs around, using predator urine and NOTHING worked, he just kept fucking with me. Finally he's gone and I'm hoping that's the last of him. I also dumped a bottle of fish fertilizer around 2km away from my plot to lure him away. So far so good, Good luck!

Damn Man Its Mid June, and you already got some trees! This thread is fucking great! I planted in a 22 Gallon trash can one year.. I planted a 2 year old Cutting I had been vegging indoors. when I put it out I drilled holes all the way around the rim of the trashcan then tied the main branches down to the rim. This pulled everything away from the middle. By July it was a fucking beast of a shrub! Needless to say it was later ripped off.. It had only began flowering and it was 6 ft tall by 6 ft. wide all the way around. BIGGEST PLANT I HAVE EVER GROWN! I remember watering that bitch! I used 5 gallon buckets to feed n water.. It must have taken me 10 trips with that bucket! I will do a grow like this again some day..

Thanks for sharing man! You redefine DOING IT REAL BIG! LOL Im def rooting for you bro. Watch out for those gators man!

:joint:GFam

Pirate

Pirate

In my humble opinion i think 32 gallons of soil is an overkill. You simply dont need that much soil i promise. Secondly since your not burrying your containers the roots will dry out super fast this summer. No way u will be able to keep up with the waterings. Black garbage cans in the hot sun all day will do nothing but bad for your roots and moisture level. Good luck.

Not trying to be a prick pirate, but actually my old man and I go around about this every season. We have been growing outdoors as a team for a number of years now. He says I dont need to dig my holes so deep when I plant outdoors.. He says the roots dont need to grow THAT deep..He doesnt believe the plant will fill the hole by the end of the season, and all the extra digging is just extra digging, and all of the extra soil brought in is unnecessary.
I learned early that a plant is only as good as its root system. It will only grow as big as the roots allow. They are like the foot of the plant. IF u dont give them room to grow they will get root bound and your plant will be stunted. I have done a grow in a large container like this one. I believe the can I used was 22 gallon. The roots of this plant were running out the bottom of the can in LATE JULY!

four seasons

Veteran
Great thread!! Ive been growing in swamps for years and after the inintial set up it is much easier to maintain then my others crops on land.
The swamp I grow in is on a freshwater tidal floodplain so it is flooded with ten inches or so of water for about six hours on a daily basis. I use these spots all year long except for the months of Dec and Jan.
My sites are situated around small cluster islands that form through seasonal erosional processes of ebb and flow.These "PH perfect" tannic rich swamps can be found around or near many water sheds throughout the southern USA .
Thick groups of titti, tupalo, bayberry and other shrubs grow on these small islands which make great cover not only for the containers but for the plants also.
I usually clear the center of the islands of most of the shrub and branches leaving a center ring along the outer edges alive and uncut.
I will usually plant from two to three plants per container depending on what season it is.The plants grow in from the covered edges towards the open sunny space which in time will fill the ten foot\2 area with many lush ladies.
This fifteen foot tall ring of thick scrub forms a perfect barrier from wind, rodents (two and four legged types) and makes it very difficult to spot from above. A small crawl opening is pruned on the bottom back side for access.
The scrub cover also hides and shadows the ring of 3, 50 gallon containers positioned around the island on the wet, peat rich swamp floor. Also a 10\10 hunting stand camo covering covers the ground under the plants and the tops of the containers making it pretty much invisible from any distance.
Season after season I have never had to water my plants manually,mother nature does all of the work for me.
Each island can support three 50 gallon oak tree containers
which I fill with soil,compost and fossilized organic ferts like gaunos(rodent neutral) and other rich slow release goodies.
These picts are from my small spring crop(march-may) and my early summer crop.

I can grow Indica and indica dom plants out there in the spring because it is much less humid. The summer is strickly reserved for my lovely Sativa dom. ladies.
Congo, Nep Jam-Ace,Jack The Ripper-TGA,OG Kush-Kriptonite,AMS-GHS,Straw Diesel-Rez...many others.

four seasons

Veteran
This picture was taken recently and gives a view of the shape of the grow area I speak of

recently harvested smaller Spring crop OG kush from Kriptonite

spring crop Nep Jam from Ace seeds
Many different sativa varietys getting ready for the summer

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Nice plants four seasons.....blowin up the swamp too nice...I bet those Sativas love the summer though....Peace