What's new

1 dead, 3 arrested in robbery attempt on marijuana shop workers

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
im not sure i understand ,umm not that i condone this but what would have been the harm in just giving him the weed and call the cops after to retreive it instead of killing somone it is leagle after all and im sure they have more back at the store.
im just not getting the reasoning here ....phone call vs killing somone.
i guess people have no value for life ,yeah dang was a dumbass but has a family just like everyone else im sure that this will end up as a statistic against leaglization.
im not sure they gave the security guards a IQ test.

Bro, with all due respect....if somebody comes 3 deep, brandishing a gun, you don't know if they will take your stuff and leave, or if they will shoot you just for no witnesses--
Bummer someone had to die, but it is always better "him than me"--:tiphat:

bentom187

Veteran
well thats you POV and as long as its illeagle youll be having to make those him or me choices wich is the F'ed up part espeacially since this could have been avoided with prop 19.
thats what i meant by fore-thought.

Neo 420

Veteran
Likewise if a cop shoots somebody in the process of robbing a MMJ facility: The criminal could easily sue at the federal civil rights level and win in federal courts. Because America is at "war" on marijuana; the criminals actions would be consistent with Federal policy and the cops actions would be in violation of the criminals rights. A federal court would consider the "drug dealers" to be the criminals, not the robber, therefore under federal law the cops duty would be to protect the robber from the drug dealers.

That's a whole lot of unprecedented rulings.....

danut

well thats you POV and as long as its illeagle youll be having to make those him or me choices wich is the F'ed up part espeacially since this could have been avoided with prop 19.

If someone pulls a gun no one should have the power to command the person must surrender their own life if it is required of them by the gunman.

I can't require you to die.

You see a gun, you have only a split second to make the right choice.

Right or wrong, any time something like this takes place, we need to gain what good is possible to gain. If young people realize that rippers get killed, they are less likely to try it themselves.

How much good can be gained depends on how well published the event becomes.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

I was a huge Prop 19 Proponent-- But I don't see how it would have avoided this situation-- It might have lowered the prices a bit, but would have still been worth stealing-- I mean, Prop 215 has been in effect since 96, and they were legal enough to not get charged with a crime...but they still attempted to rob them--
Thieves will be thieves-- :tiphat:

bentom187

Veteran
ok federal leaglization would have helped. i thought 19 was similar or at least would of challenged the feds in court.
oh well its long gone anyways.

the Paul /Frank bill is somthing to really consider as a step in the right direction pls,write your congress men/women.
i dont know the number for it off the top of my head though.

bigbrokush

Prop 19 would have changed nothing to do with a person that has no money and is looking to take your money. Or in this case the money and the meds in the shop. But if you really think that it would have helped I won't wake you from that dream

bentom187

Veteran
how are material things worth dying for again?..... again im talking about ways to prevent it.
this obsesion over money is really quite pointless when they print it out of thin air everyday,youll come across more i promise.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
The fact is that until the federal laws are changed; nobody who is associated with marijuana is safe.

I grow in compliance with WA state laws, but if somebody decides to pull a gun out of their ass and rob me I don't have the option of calling 911 because there is more inherent danger of fucked-up repercussions from LEO and the potential ramifications from the feds.

Not only that but everybody who grows in compliance of state laws is STILL vulnerable of being fucked with by LEO and is forced to kiss ass to the max in order to continue. Because if LEO decides that they don't like your manners or the color of your hair he can call in the feds and fuck up your life anyway.

I'm not the only one who has seen local law enforcement involved in federal raids and busts in MMJ friendly states.

Every death is mourned, but when a cop is killed it seldom has the emotional impact in society because it's his job, it's why society pays the salaries. Likewise when a soldier is killed in action: he's a soldier and soldiers die in duty.
However society seems to mourn the death of an innocent person to a greater degree because there is no prior willful acceptance of danger by the deceased.

Society seems to accept the deaths of people associated with marijuana in much the same way as that of a soldier because of the "War on drugs", regardless of whether or not the person is in compliance with local or state laws.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
The fact is that until the federal laws are changed; nobody who is associated with marijuana is safe.

I grow in compliance with WA state laws, but if somebody decides to pull a gun out of their ass and rob me I don't have the option of calling 911 because there is more inherent danger of fucked-up repercussions from LEO and the potential ramifications from the feds.

Not only that but everybody who grows in compliance of state laws is STILL vulnerable of being fucked with by LEO and is forced to kiss ass to the max in order to continue. Because if LEO decides that they don't like your manners or the color of your hair he can call in the feds and fuck up your life anyway.

I'm not the only one who has seen local law enforcement involved in federal raids and busts in MMJ friendly states.

Every death is mourned, but when a cop is killed it seldom has the emotional impact in society because it's his job, it's why society pays the salaries. Likewise when a soldier is killed in action: he's a soldier and soldiers die in duty.
However society seems to mourn the death of an innocent person to a greater degree because there is no prior willful acceptance of danger by the deceased.

Society seems to accept the deaths of people associated with marijuana in much the same way as that of a soldier because of the "War on drugs", regardless of whether or not the person is in compliance with local or state laws.

They Started this 'war'. I fight it every time I start some noob up. When I see the love they hav for this plant.. Well that's just a bonus I get from stickin it to the man.

I've said it before. Ripper, Cop, or snitch? Whats the diff???

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
FUCK YES!!!!call me a piece of shit. call me a fucking scumbag dirt ball slime sucking prick asshole but when the hammer drops ill be the one standing over you with a big ol shit eating grin wrapped inna lead vest and hot barrelled 1911 while you bleed out in the corner because i know god damn well if you come at me you already show that my life means nothing to you and i do as i was raised protect myself protect my family protect those who can not protect themselfs. im sure theres some of you peace loving love everyone types nodding their heads in disgust. but this isnt going out robbing. this isnt going out killing. this is putting those away who wish to do you harm over some shit they were too lazy or incompetant enough to do for themselfs. theifs are nothing but a fucking scourge who prey on the most weakest, harmless of our society and i herald the death of gangster theif robber piece of shit as personal victory for mankind. urban darwinism in full effect. we have seen the most peaceful who would hand over their entire crop, harvest, bank account, whatever to stay out of harm from theif/robber and still wind up fatally innjured / murdered >>>> peace does not work when given to those of evil and i wish peace health happiness and prosperity for all and death pain suffering on any who wish to cause harm to the harmless. -BhT :tiphat:

bentom187

Veteran
i agree on prtotecting others weaker than me but that means i have a duty to bring my fighting skill to a very high level to save lives even the attacker.
and just so you know there is no scientific proof of death either,and a common rule of physics is you cant be created or destroyed you just change,kind of like a kolidascope you dont cry everytime you give it a twist.
if you think peace comes through the barrle of a gun you'd be very wrong theres nothing good that comes from it,its just a tool of fear ,oppresion,ignorence.
i respect your opinion cause its a common one.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
i agree on prtotecting others weaker than me but that means i have a duty to bring my fighting skill to a very high level to save lives even the attacker.
and just so you know there is no scientific proof of death either,and a common rule of physics is you cant be created or destroyed you just change,kind of like a kolidascope you dont cry everytime you give it a twist.
if you think peace comes through the barrle of a gun you'd be very wrong theres nothing good that comes from it,its just a tool of fear ,oppresion,ignorence.
i respect your opinion cause its a common one.

eternal life is reserved for only the most righteous. the ones who spread evil and harm are not entitled to this most precious of gifts.