What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1.9Cu Oven Across International or Hydrion Scientific

JColtrane

I totally agree ... GW for Prez!!! Welcome to the conversation AI & Hydrion.

Would like to make it out to the cup, but alas got a lot of oil to make for sick people. Perhaps you should think about taking a visit to the PNW ... doing pretty impressive things up here.

My experience w/ the AI was good. Customer service walk me through the cal settings nicely. I felt that I had to "baby sit" the oven a bit, but after I just accepted that it wasn't going to be perfect things went okay.

Things I would change on the AI, other than what GW said, would be to have KF25 fittings come directly off chamber, and not roughted through a silicon hose to back of unit. Also maybe have the unit insulated better ... similar to Caskade Tek.

Some sort of cold trap option would be good too, but I understand AI's got something in the works

MEMED

so hey.... Ive been using my AI like this with AWESOME trial results, and thot id share..

After installing the low temp controller I decided to gut the shitty stuff ai built into it. Mainly the hoses, chineese ptfe tape, and instrument gauge that alway stuck and seems cheesey. The 304ss fittings are ok with me. Right after I did that I put inline that snazzy vacuum cycler device professor foaf hinted @. For now, Im using the food grade tubing that comes with it but I plan on switching everything to stainless compression when funds allow. I might even design my own switch and house it in the oven. For me, this is revolutionary. Normally, i would sit there waiting for the pressure to rise, guessing mostly. Now, as the pressure rises, the switch kicks on turning my pump on, sucking out the pressure, and progressing my process! Lovely! Between this and implementing the blumats in the primary gardens, this year is going great! Knock on fat cannabis stock! Thanks foaf, all praises due.

MEMED

Id like to be able to adjust the gap of psi that happens b4 the switch kiks on. Prolly need a more specialized switch. I'll find it.

not sure what your issue is with the hoses. we run edwards e2m30's without problem. the gauge is accurate enough for what we need. I think some of their models have an option for digital, but why would we need it? I watch to see what our oil is doing, not a gauge.

MEMED

Totally rb. My prob w/ the hoses is they are cheap. they crack easy. There not good for our purposes. They work as you have well seen. But they just were'nt for my oven. Im going to start using my micron gauge now that im using the switch. I think that will be a cool combo

I think they might be considering upgrading their hoses not because they need to, but more for perception. I think better quality gauges might happen too, but personally I'd rather they put the money into better heating or even doing a higher end oven similar to yamato.

do you not run your oven with a hard vac? I'm assuming you are talking about the setup where you can control when your pump turns on or off depending on the hg of the oven?

MEMED

I let the pressure build in the oven and the switch kicks @ 26" and sucks it back down to 29" ish. Ive got to tune it in with a micron gauge. When I hardvac I loose too many terps.

MEMED

shitty pic

shitty pic

heres the box on top of the oven. Pretty useless pic. I'll post more when im there.

Attachments

• IMG_9682.jpg
    IMG_9682.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 11

AI Engineering

All the tubing in our ovens is an FDA compliant silicone compound, which is high temperature and shouldn't crack or split unless mishandled. If anyone does see it cracking, please let me know so that I can deal with the issue ASAP. I am definitely addressing your concerns though. The only thing that I would see affecting your product as far as the tubing is concerned is the residue that is left after you process your product. This is the case with any type of hose since the product is so sticky...

Memed,

very interested in your vacuum control device, any more info? ive been looking for something like this for a bit now. Can you set a specific HG level? or does it just maintain full vac?

Thanks

AI Engineering, The problem is that the silicone tubing prevents us from utilizing a cold trap for solvent recapture and terpene harvesting. I will be upgarding mine to stainless compression soon.

MEMED

Qualityvac.com is where I got the ready made box. Its basically a switch. I think the owner ed builds em. Kinda like a piece of art. Its for vac forming. Another company sells the one foaf linked us to, but these guys are in mass, and we like to support our tri states whenever possible. Very nice to talk to over the phone. You can adjust the hg via a knob on the box. It comes preset at 25".

AI- The tubing sucks. you should use compression fittings and stainless tube for the entry price you charge. Its disgusting the feeling I get when I think about how much I paid for this vac tite steel box Ive essentially gutted and changed everything on. My mistake for not researching and asking more questions before hand. I definitly feel you should offer a straight barebones shell of a unit and let the user kit it out via drop down options on your site. IF you can offer quality, sensible equipment @ a REASONABLE price. Please dont plan on raping us true artisans of this culture with the release of your supposed new "bells and whistles".

Im thinking alls us'n might need is the right kitted oven (pump, cold trap, etc) with an appropriate switch, pid, and heating scheme, and its shatter/wax all day for the pwn. Id like to build ovens for us. I think we really need people who actually DO what we do to make what we need. Ai is out for the $$, of course.

I hope to take some more pix when I free up from looping for a bit. Peace fam

AI Engineering

I do apologize for any issues that you have had and note your thoughts on our equipment. Saying the tubing sucks does not really tell me much about the issue with the tubing. I would love it if you could call me and tell me what the process you were running with your temperatures and pressures so that I could see where the tubing broke down for you. I look forward to hearing from you to discuss your tubing issues.
Stainless steel tubing and compression fittings are expensive and definitely a must if you require it for absolute success in your process. If you just want to have it, but can perform your process without it, then why do it? When you develop a process and specify your equipment based on that process you would definitely need to weigh that option carefully.
Definitely true that AI is a company, which does need to make money. (Basis of any company) We do listen to our customers and we definitely stand by our product. For the price of our ovens, the quality is excellent. Being in business for over 20 years we have gained a lot of experience in this business. We can definitely make an oven that is less expensive with cheaper components like some of our competitors and we can definitely make an oven that is more expensive with more bells and whistles. Our ovens are being used by many award winning companies and individuals in your business. We also sell to many organizations outside of your business, which have to follow ISO, CE and other standards. With thousands of sales with vacuum ovens alone have gained us lots of recognition and awards as well...

MEMED

True my statements may have not been constructive but it come from a frustrated place. The silicon tubing broke for me when I chose to replace it. It discolored a bit and got firmer over use using it to purge winterized slabs. ss compression stuff wouldnt be that much in the volume im sure you acquire relatively speaking. ss is quality. imo silicon tubing for us @ least, isn't. I think everyone should upgrade themselves. Just cus other people don't have the innovation to want better and like to settle, doesnt mean all of us should. Or that it should be standard. I wont be contacting you as Ive been left with a rather frustrated mindset post previous discussions with your team on the phone. You guys need to dive into our culture more to understand the science we need.

imo people would pay marginally more for higher quality components out the gate when faced w/ the information, not just a price tag.

Qualityvac.com is where I got the ready made box. Its basically a switch. I think the owner ed builds em. Kinda like a piece of art. Its for vac forming. Another company sells the one foaf linked us to, but these guys are in mass, and we like to support our tri states whenever possible. Very nice to talk to over the phone. You can adjust the hg via a knob on the box. It comes preset at 25".

AI- The tubing sucks. you should use compression fittings and stainless tube for the entry price you charge. Its disgusting the feeling I get when I think about how much I paid for this vac tite steel box Ive essentially gutted and changed everything on. My mistake for not researching and asking more questions before hand. I definitly feel you should offer a straight barebones shell of a unit and let the user kit it out via drop down options on your site. IF you can offer quality, sensible equipment @ a REASONABLE price. Please dont plan on raping us true artisans of this culture with the release of your supposed new "bells and whistles".

Im thinking alls us'n might need is the right kitted oven (pump, cold trap, etc) with an appropriate switch, pid, and heating scheme, and its shatter/wax all day for the pwn. Id like to build ovens for us. I think we really need people who actually DO what we do to make what we need. Ai is out for the $$, of course.

I hope to take some more pix when I free up from looping for a bit. Peace fam

To be fair Mem, the oven provides a lot of features at a fair price. You can't always expect the world at a budget price. I had a customer just buy a Yamato DP43c for 8500. When you start wanting more things upgraded, you start to see the price go up a lot.

We run edwards e2m30's on our AI's and have never had one issue with leaking. Again, it is a value priced oven and for the amount of money it has made us, I am completely satisfied. I do know AI is looking to make higher end ovens for the commercial oil maker, but again, they will be spendy.

I also hear they have a setup available like what you have.

True my statements may have not been constructive but it come from a frustrated place. The silicon tubing broke for me when I chose to replace it. It discolored a bit and got firmer over use using it to purge winterized slabs. ss compression stuff wouldnt be that much in the volume im sure you acquire relatively speaking. ss is quality. imo silicon tubing for us @ least, isn't. I think everyone should upgrade themselves. Just cus other people don't have the innovation to want better and like to settle, doesnt mean all of us should. Or that it should be standard. I wont be contacting you as Ive been left with a rather frustrated mindset post previous discussions with your team on the phone. You guys need to dive into our culture more to understand the science we need.

imo people would pay marginally more for higher quality components out the gate when faced w/ the information, not just a price tag.

I think if you had contacted AI, they could have helped you out.

To be fair, if you are purging your winterized slabs in your oven, you are going to tear up your hosing and pumps. I'm assuming you aren't letting your alcohol evap before sticking it in your oven. Also, big labs are having that same issue of equipment getting ruined because they are using their ovens to purge out the alcohol. That is why AI will be offering a cold trap. Quite honestly using an oven/pump to purge your alcohol, which you are probably doing inside, is about as dangerous as open blasting indoors.

And for the record, AI is working with some very big name labs to improve things for everyone. The popularity of oil has skyrocketed and there have been things in the works for the last year or so... it is just a process and doesn't happen overnight.

AI Engineering

All good points RB! I would liked to have seen your degraded tubing. It would greatly help our QC. Your product will discolor any material. Stainless steel will also become coated and will need to be cleaned, which is a tougher process than replacing the tubing. Silicone is the ideal material because it can withstand a wide temperature range and extreme solvents, but is used because it can be easily replaced when it becomes too discolored. For this reason we use it. Some guys use PVC or polypropylene tubing because it is inexpensive and I know I don 't have to tell you guys the chemistry of the chemicals you are using mixed with those materials and the very dangerous chemicals it produces...

MEMED

no, i evap before i purge rb. Duh. Y did you think i would attempt to do it in the oven? Cold boil? Nah, i use the fan method skyhighler put me on to. I throw a tyvek sleeve over the evap dish and use the omega mat w/ the dorkfood on lowish.... My thoughts are the same on AI, I appreciate your efforts, however u need direction. I understand process, rb. You guys feel how you feel, do what you do. I'll do me. Take what you want from what I say.

Latest posts

Latest posts