What's new

Happy Frog vs. Ocean Forest, side by side comparison grow

master shake

I'm using happy frog right now, 13 days from seed and I'm wondering about when to feed. The plants look great working on 4th node. I've been giving them plain water and molasses last watering, I have some grow big and not sure when to start using it. any tips??

20049Picture_0291-med.jpg

Last edited:
G

Nice experiment I am about to try HF myself, usually a OC user. You should do a half and half mix (both OC and HF) and see what the best of both worlds have to offer. :D

Thanks for the comparison, i just started using happy frog, i added about 40% peralite to lighten it up a bit. How much if any peralite or any other soil amendments did you use??

sqwirl

Sorry to have neglected this thread for so long.

Master Shake, it's probably to late but in veg I like to use 2 tsp of FF Grow and 2 tbl FF BigBloom. With this simple formula your ladies should veg just fine.

I also use somewhere around a 30% perlite mixture in my soil. Just add perlite till the soil is nice and fluffy, very light feeling. I like to also add in coco coir. Probably around a 8-10% total soil mixture having coco.

Last edited:

Apache Kush

Good side by side...
sounds like its a real tuff choice, i think were all winners lol but the FFOF was heavier and greener so idk

1.the weights were close in the end
2. the fade on the flush was a noticable
3. smoke report was inconclusive it seems it was a toss of a coin, but do you would think the HF buds would burn cleaner, a clean white ash?? any noticable flavor differences etc? from having less Nitrogen/foodmeal in the final weeks, right ? plus guano adds flavor and the FFOF has bat guano . . the only difference I think we can notice

is the high Nitrogen from both the EWC and depending on that guano it could be N heavy too,
thus FFOF better for heavy feeders and HF for more sensitive strains hmmm?

a meter and the pppm and ph data would really help this thread.. to see what was in the runoff nute/ppm wise

maybe next time cheers man enjoyed it

Apache Kush

also doing a side by side of water hash on dif. screens,
would give you a idea of the amount of trichomes the buds have/you could yeild from a
same amonts of flowers,

if you can boost trich. production via soil mix that might be a deal maker/breaker for HF