Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > El Tigre's TINY BOX for reversing plants and pollen collection

Thread Title Search
El Tigre's TINY BOX for reversing plants and pollen collection Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2020, 05:54 PM #1
El Tigre

El Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to all
El Tigre's TINY BOX for reversing plants and pollen collection

Hi guys, it's been a while since i'm thinking about doing some pollen chunking with the automatics.
The unhealthy idea is mostly the result of the excellent work of Reiko X and Mr. Sparkle.
I was lurking at their stuff for a while and I told myself, why don't give a try with plant reversing with Colloidal silver.
I want to cross different autos for getting some seeds to experiment with.
I hope to receive some advice from more experienced users.
Now,I need to obtain some pollen and also a place for reversing plants and collecting it.
So I bought a plastic container and wired a socket inside, very simple stuff.
I want to put inside the box 2 small plants in 1L pots to revert with CS and flower.

El Tigre is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:55 PM #2
El Tigre

El Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to allEl Tigre is a name known to all
Here are the specs:

ACTUAL BOX
Internal dimensions: 30x20x40(h)
Usable space: 30x20x25 (h)
Internal surface: 0.06 mq - 0,64 sqft
Light: 13w LED bulb (20,3 w/sqft)

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS:
Small PC fan (making an hole in the box or just inside it)
Adapter for an additional bulb

I plan to run a single 13w LED bulb, without ventilation for now.
I made a 36 hours test and the parameters (T and RH) were on the range.
20,3 w/sqft is a little low, but the light will be very close to the plants.
Putting second bulb could rise temperature and reduce the already tiny space.

I want to check if is possible to flower small plants without any ventilation.
Obviously without aiming for an exceptional collection of pollen, a little bit is good for my purposes.

Do you think my plant could work? Any advice, suggestion or idea?

Last edited by El Tigre; 02-23-2020 at 06:34 PM..

Old 02-22-2020, 05:57 PM #3
El Tigre

In the meantime i got the parts for the CS generator.
The output of the 12V transformer that i found is 1A.

Is it good for our purpose?
If Yes, how long do you suggest to run the generator? 12 hours? 24?

Old 02-22-2020, 06:26 PM #4
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant future
Good stuff and I'm pulling up a chair! Small scale micro reversals are on my list once I have looked through some of the last unwanted pollination seeds hahaha

Have you already thought further about ventilation? Computer fan in the lid, holes around the bottom?

Cheers
CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:46 PM #5
El Tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy cHaze View Post
Good stuff and I'm pulling up a chair! Small scale micro reversals are on my list once I have looked through some of the last unwanted pollination seeds hahaha

Have you already thought further about ventilation? Computer fan in the lid, holes around the bottom?

Cheers
CC

Hi Chevy, I'd like to give a try without any ventilation. Am I too optimistic?

If needed I'm thinking about making an hole on the bottom and putting a small PC fan pushing air inside. Being the top of the box not sealed this should permit a decent air exchange.

Old 02-22-2020, 08:05 PM #6
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond repute
id suggest some sort of ventiliation

Old 02-22-2020, 08:12 PM #7
Zomboy

Zomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud of
Cool idea. Interested to see how this works out for you
Zomboy is offline Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 08:35 PM #8
imakandi

imakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of lightimakandi is a glorious beacon of light
hello
tygre!
you suprise all time all day
nice

can i say 2 thing? sorry
1- ventilation, better air wind pull than push, if top open still better pull, i think
2- for seed grow inside flower, mayb need more lyght more photosyntth

thank to share
luck and visit again sure!
100%

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:00 PM #9
BeAn v.2.0

BeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to allBeAn v.2.0 is a name known to all
If you used a clear box and filtered the ventilation you could just have this next to the girls.
BeAn v.2.0 is online now Quote

Old 02-23-2020, 04:43 AM #10
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Cool, looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

If you haven't seen it, JLP's thread 'Male Isolation Chamber' shows how you can add ventilation and filtering to keep pollen from spreading outside the box.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=46076
blynx is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.