Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > First Attempt seems fine but.....

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
First Attempt seems fine but..... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2018, 04:18 AM #1
Traceofvenom

Traceofvenom will become famous soon enoughTraceofvenom will become famous soon enough
First Attempt seems fine but.....

Hello,

First, thank you in advance for taking a look see. I have really read up on the forums taking in as much as I can regarding cannabis. There are overwhelmingly so many opinions and recommendations for the whole process from equipment to genetics to what soil or medium etc...etc...ect... At some point you have to pull the trigger and make your move so this is what I got.

4X4x7 tent
400W MH/HPS interchangeable ballast
5 gal smart pots
Fans, humidifier

Soil (Base Mix)
1.5 cubic ft of FoxFarm Ocean Forest
1 cubit feet of FoxFarm Light Warrior
1 cubic feet of Earth worm castings
1/3 cubit feet of Sphagnum Peet Moss

The soil base is very light and airy

I amended the soil with:
2 cups Botanicare Pure organic plant food (bloom)
1/2 cup Gypsum

Temps are ranging 79 degrees to 85 degrees on the high end keeping humidity around 60 to 70 percent lights running 18hr on 6hr off.

These are right at 1 month from popping the soil. I just transplanted them from solo cups 3 days ago. The transplant went smooth with very little noticeable stress.

The girls seem like they are doing ok however I was thinking I would see more new growth quicker since they have new homes. They just seem sort of stalled out but maybe I am just tripping.
I have read that most cannabis plants don't need any feedings the first 3 to 5 weeks when transplanting into a new batch of soil. I have heard you need to let the plants tell you what they need when they need etc, I have read that over watering is one of the biggest mistakes noobs make. So I am very keen on that. I lifted the pots in stages of watering so I have a really good idea what the weights of the pots feel like completely dry to fully watered and in between.
I would like some advice on if there is anything I can do at this stage as far as feeding if any. What is a really good nutrient supplement that is "Organic" (this is a must) if I was to get one. I have read up on a lot of products but there are so many choices. I also have this Microbial superpack product called Recharge. I prefer to keep it as simple as possible try not to over think it but I want the best results possible as far as taste/terpenes,yield etc..
The strains are purchased from Growshopalien.com so I have really good genetics all feminized. Anyway, this is my first crack at it and I am hoping with help from you all I can have an excellent outcome. Gotta start somewhere. Anyways, thanks for reading and as always your humble opinions are appreciated...

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Five.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	468159
Traceofvenom is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:36 AM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Those plants look happy & healthy to me.
I don't see a need for any additions at this time but I bet you'll get a few ideas about what you can add from others.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 05:03 AM #3
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Just give them water for this month as you already fed them well with everything you used.

Working on Something Sneaky
troutman is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 01:47 PM #4
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to behold
I've been growing for a long time. But I'm still new to growing. Always learning.

I think the stall you think you're experiencing is the plants growing roots. In my readings and limited experience, I've learned that the plant grows in spurts - roots then leaves, roots then leaves, etc. It grows root structure to increase size, then the rest of the plant catches up until it needs to do it again.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will be along to correct me. I wish could remember where I saw/heard that. It might have been one of the Kis Organics podcasts. Which are awesome, btw.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 02:47 PM #5
Traceofvenom

Traceofvenom will become famous soon enoughTraceofvenom will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT_BUD? View Post
It might have been one of the Kis Organics podcasts. Which are awesome, btw.
I am familiar with kis organics. I agree lots of good info from those folks especially with no till and learning about microbial life. I will look into what you said and see what I can conjure up. I have heard explosive growth occurring during the bloom phase. I looked at the girls this morning and they seem like they haven't facilitated any new growth but again I am looking at them quite a bit which may have something to do with my perception. There is something therapeutic about just staring at them because they are such a kick ass plant. I could stare for hours. I told my girlfriend I need to turn my grow area into a shrine of sorts haha.

Thanks

Old 09-05-2018, 03:30 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Take pics every once in a while and compare them to one another.

I'm sure you'll see some differences then.
Kis-Organics is a kick ass show...
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 03:35 PM #7
wutwut

wutwut has a spectacular aura aboutwutwut has a spectacular aura aboutwutwut has a spectacular aura aboutwutwut has a spectacular aura about
i say that change 400w to 600w. it's optimal for 4x4 sized tent. your crop will thank you later

Old 09-05-2018, 04:10 PM #8
Traceofvenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutwut View Post
i say that change 400w to 600w. it's optimal for 4x4 sized tent. your crop will thank you later
Yeah, I have another 400W interchangeable light but I think the heat would be excessive as these hoods are not light cooled. I do have an 8 bulb 2ft fixture I could ad though. It's just laying around and it would ad another 20000 lumens. I don't think it is a light issue. I have the light about 16-18 inches away from the tops and I have a Lux meter reading around 30000 plus Lux but the outer plants drop significantly but I do rotate the pots as well as angle/adjust the light for optimum coverage. The soil as I mentioned is very loose and airy and is damp at best the first 3 to 4 inches but the pots still weigh as if they are holding quite a bit of moisture So I don't think that they are dehydrated. I mean do they look like they are in need of anything or am I just being over protective. lol

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1536156577
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	468202

Old 09-05-2018, 04:36 PM #9
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutwut View Post
Wutwut he said lol

Everything looks good except a little low on light. It will work fine and maybe upgrade in the future.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 06:37 PM #10
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I agree, 400w is very small for a 4x4. Turning your plants will only help a little. Personally, I run a 1000w HPS in a 4x4 and it turns out rather nice with 6 plants.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote