What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C- BANANA S1

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont think there is a count of how many everyone has found. I think Star is the only 1 to not find any yet. From what I have seen at least 2 in every pack possibility more.

It could be for a number a reasons. No way for me to know why...This is why I discontinued this line. I really want to see what kind of quality Star finds.. I did see 1 plant done on Seed junkies that had no issues. I just culled cbanana. Its just not stable enough to use in any future work. .

~star~crash~

only two out of 7 big plants thru one ball apiece thus far....if they throw, then i'll pluck. if it gets too much i'll chuck

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's very minor. Hayday has a bigger issue from what im reading. Stress is a big cause. It happens to me as well. Scooby Snacks had tossed a good # of nut sacks.. I picked he best of those 2 and re ran it. So far no nuts on the clone.

Drumskinz

That's very minor. Hayday has a bigger issue from what im reading. Stress is a big cause. It happens to me as well. Scooby Snacks had tossed a good # of nut sacks.. I picked he best of those 2 and re ran it. So far no nuts on the clone.

So do you think maybe like other great strains that working off a clone with as few balls as star has that it could become more stable. Possibly then create s2's ?

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My 5 are 25 to 32 days in and I haven't seen a nut sack yet. Need to get around em better tomorrow so I'll have a closer look and get a pic or 2 while Im at it.

This is specific to Cbanana s1. IMO its a dom trait. Cbanana is the worst I have seen in over a decade. I make plenty of s1 seeds. I rarely see dom intersex issues from other s1 seeds. My sdubb s1/s2 are as stable as any reg seed. After talking to others banana og was not stable..From what I know Cbanana came form those same seeds. I have grown enough over the decades to tell what is dom and recessive.

The Out crosses have intersex traits but in these its recessive because of the other genetics being dom. I might find 1 in 10. it still there from the cbanana side.
Hey Hammer I'm not being critical of selfing as a technique in general. I believe it is a very useful tool to recreate a desirable phenotype in seed form, or for use in breeding to create a homogeneous line. As far as C-banana S1 goes, the intersex "appears" dominant precisely because the trait is recessive. I know this may seem paradoxical, but it is also the reason it isn't expressed as readily in the outcrosses.

Cheers

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CB crosses shouldn't have any like most other fem crosses I make. Out of all the s1 I have made CB is the most unstable.. IMO it has dom intersex traits.

~star~crash~

i was checking mine out today (after I took all the fans off) & they look realy good ...no problems at all , healthy robust growth, flowering has commenced ... the only one i'm worried about is the odd women out of the bunch ... she may be the one to keep a sharper eye on, but the others are all doing great !! pics update ASAP

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So do you think maybe like other great strains that working off a clone with as few balls as star has that it could become more stable. Possibly then create s2's ?

No, u dont want to make seeds with plants that express intersex issues.

Y

Yard dog

Hey Hammer I'm not being critical of selfing as a technique in general. I believe it is a very useful tool to recreate a desirable phenotype in seed form, or for use in breeding to create a homogeneous line. As far as C-banana S1 goes, the intersex "appears" dominant precisely because the trait is recessive. I know this may seem paradoxical, but it is also the reason it isn't expressed as readily in the outcrosses.

Cheers

boooom......

Y

Yard dog

CB crosses shouldn't have any like most other fem crosses I make. Out of all the s1 I have made CB is the most unstable.. IMO it has dom intersex traits.

If it was Dom surely the parental would of shown it? as I presume it didn't or you wouldn't of used it? therefore it has to be recessive as the 2 parents are the same yet the outcome in the offspring gives you the reveal!! so something dom masks it in the parent but when selfed you get it etc..... A dominant inherited trait does not skip generations!!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some genetics have much stronger intersex traits that are dom that dont express in the parents. When combining those genetics with strong intersex issues selfing makes them dom. When u see 40 s1 seed plants all have intersex issues the trait is dom in those seeds. If it was Recessive it would not express as it does in these seeds. Recessive is what I see in the out crosses. It is what it is weather u agree or dont. CBS1 have dom intersex issues

Last edited:
Y

Yard dog

Some genetics have much stronger intersex traits that are dom that dont express in the parents. When combining those genetics with strong intersex issues selfing makes them dom. When u see 40 s1 seed plants all have intersex issues the trait is dom in those seeds. If it was Recessive it would not express as it does in these seeds. Recessive is what I see in the out crosses. It is what it is weather u agree or dont. CBS1 have dom intersex issues

You're wrong. Selfing doesn't make them Dom they are what they are! if it had Dom intersex traits you would of seen them in the parent!! the very fact it is recessive is why you now see it!! ie a meets a.
That's why as pointed out in an earlier post by Natural high if it was outcrossed they would be masked, the plant carries intersex trait that ARE RECESSIVE this why you self a plant to see what lies beneath! it cannot hide.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Combining already unstable genetics makes it worse. Will just agree to disagree. I have seen some crazy shit in 60 years. Grown many unstable lines. . It only becomes dom in there progeny. when making selfed seeds with those already unstable genetics.. Not all genetics express there traits the same way. Absolutely false that u will see intersex traits in the parent EVERY TIME.. IMO CBS1 seeds have dom intersex traits. These seeds have produce the worse ratio I have seen in over a decade of making s1 seeds. If u get a CB cut you can make all u want. She was culled for passing dom intersex issues in s1 seeds.

Last edited:

~star~crash~

what ever the case may be it don't really matter 2 me ... i'm just growing out these plants 'cause i want to taste some cool Cali genetics right from the source ...that would be HH

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These seeds will be great to use in a large pheno hunt. There's def some quality plants to be found. Running them in a large flower room with others is not recommended. The odds of seeding the room is very high. I have about 3000 of these seeds to give away as freebies.

The out crosses have been outstanding . These have Recessive intersex traits.. I might find 1 or 2 in 20 seeds. If someone finds 100% intersex plants in 40 cbs1 seeds this is hardly recessive. If the dom allele is broken the recessive allele becomes dom. This is what is going on with cbs1.

Last edited:

Drumskinz

Hammer, is the cb you and rb26 were running the same as the one from UF? If so I may have to make a trip to cali sometime

Latest posts

Latest posts