What's new

C- BANANA S1

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I see pistils. Here is a pic that shows the difference.

male-or-female-how-to-sex-outdoor-marijuana-plants-36181-w800.jpg

7146f1af707005e1cb05930b3d966062.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no clue who knows the difference. Pictures makes it easy for all to see the difference. Where u able to take a better look at the 1 in question??

~star~crash~

axctually i did go to look but it got dark... that plant was showing female and it went male on me...weird ... i'll scope it again today

Last summer I popped some Thai crosses outdoors and about one quarter of the plants turned out to be hermi's. My best female (showing female pre-flowers) went full male upon flowering. My best male went full female at the same time! Obviously I terminated them both. Frustrating though.. :)

~star~crash~

thanks ^^^

hey ... is it possible to get a male from s1's ???

i think i got one ... that plant was indicating female by lone pistils awhile back along w/ all the others...now it's very male looking ...wtf ... this is fun...seriously this is interesting

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some think it is possible. Some think the only way is from stray pollen. Mother nature is unpredictable. I found 1 in Peyote Purple. I can assure u there was no stray pollen when I made those. This has been discussed before. Instead of labeling these as herm's I think it was either Tom hill or Chimera that called these Highly intersex..If u cant find 1 pistil its a male. Those pistils wont disappear.

A "true" male will have an X and a Y chromosome, the Y being the important one as all females have two X chromosomes. That being said, in populations where hermaphroditism is a strong tendancy, it's possible that the presence of absence of the male chromosome may mean little in terms of phenotypic sex expression. It would be interesting to genetically sex strongly intersex plants to find out what lies beneath.. what's under the skirt so to speak. :)

~star~crash~

can't find a single pistil ... the plant fooled me i swear i thought it was a female, but i got male !! plant appears to be all MALE ...

Stash

Many years ago I read two books. One:Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes and another book by Ed Rosenthal. At that time what I read was femmed seeds are NEVER 100% female, it's just a matter of numbers and strains. If you plant enough seeds you will ALWAYS get a male. It's just how many seeds do you have to plant before you get a male. No pure female seeds. I have known this for many years. Later, Stash

~star~crash~

Many years ago I read two books. One:Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes and another book by Ed Rosenthal. At that time what I read was femmed seeds are NEVER 100% female, it's just a matter of numbers and strains. If you plant enough seeds you will ALWAYS get a male. It's just how many seeds do you have to plant before you get a male. No pure female seeds. I have known this for many years. Later, Stash

hey stash
:tiphat: i'm from NYS and i love the Grateful Dead ... so judging by your avatar i'd say we have something in common ...peace