What's new

ACMPR(Medical use and production) info and links.

Pangea

Veteran
Link to Gazette regulations:
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2016/2016-08-24/html/sor-dors230-eng.php

Link to Health Canada ACMPR site with links to registration documents and other information:
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/drugs...at-utilisation/cannabis-medical/index-eng.php

PDF WARNING DIRECT LINK TO PRODUCTION REGISTRATION FORM:
http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/alt/p...istration-form-formulaire-inscription-eng.pdf

Description: The Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) enable accessibility and affordability by providing individuals who need cannabis for medical purposes with three options by which to access cannabis: through commercial licensed producers, by producing it themselves (personal production) or by designating someone to produce it for them (designated production).
The ACMPR substantively incorporate the regulatory framework established under the MMPR for commercial licensed producers and the one established under the former Marihuana Medical Access Regulations (MMAR) for personal production and designated production.

While the former MMPR and MMAR restricted access to dried marihuana, the ACMPR also allow for the production and possession of cannabis in forms other than dried, further to the June 2015 SCC decision in R. v. Smith.

Further changes from these previous regulatory regimes generally stem from the harmonization of these systems with each other, and from the need to accommodate the expansion of cannabis products permitted. The most notable changes from the MMPR/MMAR regimes include the introduction of a new source of starting materials for personal and designated production; and an expanded role of the registered person in designated production — meaning that a registered person can now also take part in production activities, which were previously only conducted by the designated producer.
Consequential amendments to the Narcotic Control Regulations and the New Classes of Practitioners Regulations have been made. The Cannabis Exemption (Food and Drugs Act) Regulations replace the Marihuana Exemption (Food and Drugs Act) Regulations, which are repealed. The MMPR are repealed.

blastfrompast

Veteran
kinda surprised the 10yr crim offense applies to personal and not just DG...

Seems 7-8yrs ago it was much harder to find a dr and I know a handfull of people with possession charges who are pissed if we all read it correctly...

So for example if you were convicted, got ur mmar were covered under injunction and ur currently legally growing...you can't apply under new rules.... if your conviction is less than 10yrs old...

I suspect this will be challenged.

S

sourpuss

Yup id be uber pissed if my charges were within 10 yrs..

Luckily im good to grow:good:

Tynehead Tom

reads like it was hashed together by a bunch of fucktard liberals.
what's this criminal conviction shit?

When did we as a free and advanced thinking nation start denying medicine to those with criminal records in our society?
I don't think this "feature" should even be in the writings.
Maybe they should change that to : those proven by conviction or investigation to be involved with or affiliated with organized crime.

I got a clean sheet but I think it's pretty stupid that anyone with a conviction in past 10 years would be denied medicine, this is after all a Medical Marijuana program.
Sumthin stinks with all this.

Pangea

Veteran
Not denied medicine, the 10 year conviction is for production, personal or otherwise, not possession. As far as I understand it. Bull shit for sure, hold on to your injunction MMAR if you fall under that new restriction.

Bmac1

Veteran
So can someone explain this to me like im 5? Lol.

I do not have a license to posess. I looked into a recomended dr but they want dr records. Problem is that i have not been forthcoming with my dr about the us of cannabis. Whatever ails me, he has a pill for and i would rather not take them and choose the self medicating route wherever possible.

How do i get past this hurdle?

Providing i get past that hurdle, im am looking at the plant count formula. For example, at 3.5 grams per day i come up with 17 plants but am admittedly no math expert. Is this in the ball park?

Also, do i still need to get a license to posess with these new regs or is it one approval to posess and produce for myself all in one?

Thanks

blastfrompast

Veteran
Not denied medicine, the 10 year conviction is for production, personal or otherwise, not possession. As far as I understand it. Bull shit for sure, hold on to your injunction MMAR if you fall under that new restriction.

So buddy who had 4 plants and got a ppt charge is pooched....well for 2more years at least, unless injunction holds till the 10yr limit expires...

Curious if the judge will see it that way also and uphold the injunction..

What I will say is my inbox is lighting up with people looking for a DG (appt dwellers mostly)..not my scene but interesting none the less

blastfrompast

Veteran
not sure if HC made a typo, but wording says you don't need permission if it is your RESIDENCE, you only need permission if it isn't.... I think they put a AND where they would have normally put an OR....

Consent of owner
(7) If the proposed site for the production of marihuana plants is not the ordinary place of residence of the applicant or of the designated person, if any, and is not owned by the applicant or the designated person, the application must include the given name, surname, address and telephone number of the owner of the site and a declaration signed and dated by them consenting to production at the site."

lol n the sheep flock up to the window to have their names n info all placed on a list again. lol
They should hand out pot leaf patches while their at it to be worn at all times.
Maybe eventually they can dedicate parts of the country specifically for all the growers to live in to keep everyone else safe from the scourge. lol
Funny nobody taking any of the deadly opiates n shit ever needs to go to as much trouble just to get a doc to hand 'em a script as they like to do like it's going out of style.
Makes sense to keep those making healthier choices to use a benign plant instead of becoming a junky for deadly mass produced pills should be kept on a list.
Nvr mind the OD epidemic n all.
We need to keep an eye on all you twisted bastards. lol

cheers,...............................................gps

vancityj

lol n the sheep flock up to the window to have their names n info all placed on a list again. lol
They should hand out pot leaf patches while their at it to be worn at all times.
Maybe eventually they can dedicate parts of the country specifically for all the growers to live in to keep everyone else safe from the scourge. lol
Funny nobody taking any of the deadly opiates n shit ever needs to go to as much trouble just to get a doc to hand 'em a script as they like to do like it's going out of style.
Makes sense to keep those making healthier choices to use a benign plant instead of becoming a junky for deadly mass produced pills should be kept on a list.
Nvr mind the OD epidemic n all.
We need to keep an eye on all you twisted bastards. lol

cheers,...............................................gps

Are you drunk?

corky1968

Veteran
Is condo/appt growing a no go in the regs?

It's allowed but I think you have to get the landlord to ok everything.

So much for privacy when your entire building finds out you grow.

Most landlords talk too much. Then you'll probably get robbed as a result of your privacy being leaked.

The Government can go to Hell.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Altering substance

4 (1) An individual who, in accordance with these Regulations or subsection 65(2.1) of the Narcotic Control Regulations, obtains fresh or dried marihuana or cannabis oil for their own medical purposes or for those of another individual for whom they are responsible, and an individual who, in accordance with these Regulations, produces marihuana for their own medical purposes or those of another person for whom they are the designated person, may alter the chemical or physical properties of

(a) the fresh or dried marihuana or cannabis oil;
(b) a product resulting from an alteration of a substance referred to in paragraph (a); or
(c) a product that is derived from a product referred to in paragraph (b).

No organic solvents

(2) The individual must not use organic solvents when doing those alterations. For the purposes of this subsection, organic solvent means any organic compound that is highly flammable, explosive or toxic, including petroleum naphtha and compressed liquid hydrocarbons such as butane, isobutane, propane and propylene.

no legal butane extraction in canada from marijuana, period?

diffusing

Altering substance

4 (1) An individual who, in accordance with these Regulations or subsection 65(2.1) of the Narcotic Control Regulations, obtains fresh or dried marihuana or cannabis oil for their own medical purposes or for those of another individual for whom they are responsible, and an individual who, in accordance with these Regulations, produces marihuana for their own medical purposes or those of another person for whom they are the designated person, may alter the chemical or physical properties of

(a) the fresh or dried marihuana or cannabis oil;
(b) a product resulting from an alteration of a substance referred to in paragraph (a); or
(c) a product that is derived from a product referred to in paragraph (b).

No organic solvents

(2) The individual must not use organic solvents when doing those alterations. For the purposes of this subsection, organic solvent means any organic compound that is highly flammable, explosive or toxic, including petroleum naphtha and compressed liquid hydrocarbons such as butane, isobutane, propane and propylene.

no legal butane extraction in canada from marijuana, period?

nope, and i think you can thank the idiots blowing up their garages/houses for that one...

heh in Toronto the other day a dispensary blew up.. it appears the idiots were blasting aka "refining product" in the basement of the shop.... https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/08/24/man-charged-after-pot-dispensary-explosion.html

cant say i blame them for banning it given all the explosions though..

although if you read the thing from a legal perspective... it does specify 'the individual' cant use butane. its possible they will allow LPs to do it.. or other commercial licenced entities...

who knows.

Last edited:

Bmac1

Veteran
It's allowed but I think you have to get the landlord to ok everything.

So much for privacy when your entire building finds out you grow.

Most landlords talk too much. Then you'll probably get robbed as a result of your privacy being leaked.

The Government can go to Hell.

I am the owner so no landlord but there is a strata.

stonedfly

under MMAR you didn't "need" landlords approval ... but the gov. made it seem like you did...

i wonder if you really need to still... if its your place of residence I dont see why they would want anyone to know other than the authorities / HC ...

i will probably stay underground like I have forever

diffusing

seems to me based on what i think i read today, and i could be wrong, that if you grow for personal medical use in your 'residence', if you own it or not, you don't need landlord approval. if you want to grow in something other than your 'residence' you do. dont know the deal with DG's or whatever they are called now.. and again i could be wrong....

peace