What's new

Caboose (Trainwreck x BigBud)

Sourbear

Went ahead and purchased 10 Fem seeds from Greenhouse.
I've looked around and the only flowering pictures I can find of the caboose strain are from the greenhouse seeds test grows themselves.
Which show a dark red hue and a bit of purple to a really indica dominate plant.
There is also a thread on IC mag with 13 replies and no real solid answers for what the strain grows like or looks like or smokes like.

What people do agree on is that she is a shorter plant with small node spacings, and her smoke is a bit of a earthy sweet flower taste.

I've grown GHS's Trainwreck strain fem seeds before and found some amazing psychoactive properties and some beautiful phenotypes.
Albeit its nothing like the train wreck cut thats been around my area for years, its still a great seed to pop for sativa lovers. (especially if you get the cat piss smelling pheno.....soooo psychoactive)
I have always wanted the Salmon Creek genetic in my hands at some point, so when I heard about Caboose I decided it was worth the try.

8 of the 10 popped
3LXODIl.jpg

Went from rockwool to plastic quart pots to 1gal plastic pots and they are in 5 gal geo pots now.
5 out of the 8 had really aggressive fast developing roots

2 of the 8 where the same size foliage, but half the root mass

And 1 plant is about 80% smaller than all but still doing just fine.

yPU7ALL.jpg

WPSibo6.jpg

So far the stocks are impressive, really thick at the base and they are really young plants.
The node spacing is short, popping out new shoots right ontop of eachother
Plants really don't want to stretch all that much.

Last edited:

neongreen

Veteran
Yeah the SCBB is something I wouldn't mind trying too. So does the Caboose definitely have SCBB as a parent? You sure it's not plain BB? I'd be tempted to grow it too if it really is a SCBB hybrid! Looks good so far! :tiphat:

Sourbear

Yeah the SCBB is something I wouldn't mind trying too. So does the Caboose definitely have SCBB as a parent? You sure it's not plain BB? I'd be tempted to grow it too if it really is a SCBB hybrid! Looks good so far! :tiphat:

According to GHS and a few other genetic sites it says the GHS caboose is SCBBxTrainwreck
I'm really hoping it is, the pictures on this site of SCBB are really something to behold.
I'm not sure if these GHS seeds have either the proper TW or SCBB genetics but its worth the roll of the dice.

YIrccrk.jpg

I'm really liking the thickness of the stocks and the node spacing
vj1CiLu.jpg

this is a leaf from CAB#6, the biggest of the ladies, shooting out 9 leaves
uDg2N2j.jpg

Last edited:

MrBungle

I have a single seed of caboose I might pop here pretty soon.. I'm currently growing their money maker. I have one about 48 days in flower.. interesting plant... looks like it will take longer than 8 weeks to finish.. but we will see :)
Very nice looking plants, looking forward to seeing how yours finish... I was curious about the scbb also... I don't know anything about it, but it is why I picked the caboose over flower bomb kush :D

Sourbear

Long over due update:

I actually had a lot happen in the last 2-3 months with a new job. I did not have enough time to clone/sex 12 clones for the 80 gallon pots.
They got some 55 gallon bags and seem to be enjoying them just fine.

The plants are EXTREMELY robust.... the stocks are incredibly thick and the inner growth is INSANE.
I suggest you clean the insides out BEFORE GROWTH GETS TO VIGOROUS.
Its honestly a big mess inside but its easy to clean up if you start early.
If you plan on doing a big outdoor plant you are going to have to keep up with the thinning out of suckers and inner growth.
Her canopy is so thick that nothing underneath gets a chance.
This Genetic is a great candidate for Low stress training, and scrogging.
I didn't top any of my plants an they are all growing in their formal christmas tree shape.
If I topped them early they would have been alot wider than they are

uzozqNm.jpg

Jungle-esque inside there.
LQKdrga.jpg

The caboose plants are damn near a week or two behind my cream plants that you can see in the background
They are a little slower to flip into flower it seems.
saO0E03.jpg

Once more pistils pop I will get some macro shots
See what kind of phenotypes we will get
I had a trainwreck cross one year give me pink pistils (kandy Kush)
Going to spread the pots out a bit more and thin out the inner growth

Visually there is not much difference. All 8 of them have a damn near identical build.

For anyone interested in what went into my 80 gallon pots you can check that out here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=310647&page=5

Last edited:

MrBungle

Man you musta been reading my mind.. I was gonna bump this thread today to see how you were doing :) They certainly look robust, and ready to pack on some weight.. Bring em on home!!!:tree:

Sourbear

Man you musta been reading my mind.. I was gonna bump this thread today to see how you were doing :) They certainly look robust, and ready to pack on some weight.. Bring em on home!!!:tree:

Yeah these ladies are going to be stout little producers, I have high expectations for these 8 girls!

Did you pop your one seed yet?

Next year I want to veg a few of them longer and get some taller plants.

They are so sturdy and hardy I wont have to support them with internal/external cages like I do with my Cream strain that NEEDS structural support.

MrBungle

I haven't actually popped it yet.. I was trying out some that haven't panned out as of yet.. so they will get a little bit more time, and its on to Caboose and some of my own experimental seeds.. Is the Kandy Kush you had from Reserva Privada?

Sourbear

I haven't actually popped it yet.. I was trying out some that haven't panned out as of yet.. so they will get a little bit more time, and its on to Caboose and some of my own experimental seeds.. Is the Kandy Kush you had from Reserva Privada?

The Kandy Kush I got was from a collective in Shasta County. Not 100% sure which one it was

It had about an 80 day flowering period, and had the SMOOTHEST smoke I've ever had in my entire life.

The entire plot got a week of rain showers in their last 3 weeks.
and I collected some in my barrels and saved the water to flush out 1-2 pots out of the 12.

The kandy kush plant tasted like that rock crystal candy you get at a fair, you know the crystallized rock candy that comes on a stick?
It was so sweet and fruity and smooth

It 100% smelled/tasted like that fair rock candy, Suppppper sativa high and the plant had pink pistils all up until about the last 4 weeks of flowering then they turned orange/reddish.

here is a macro shot of the pink pistils from that Kandy Kush plant
( warning huge size picture)
7VU7ypI.jpg

She finished around 5'10 tall
RGCmoee.jpg

Also something really really strange with that Kandy Kush Plant....
Out of all 12 plants the only 2 plants that had this weird thing going on was the Kandies.

There where HUGE black/yellow bumble bees hibernating inside my fucking nugs..... In-between the nodes the bees had snuggled their way into nooks and crannies of my colas..... The first time i looked inside a cola and bent it a little to smell inside I saw a big black ball and went 'FUCK!!!!! MOLD" but when I touched it, it vibrated and moved a little then I saw the yellow band around its stomach when it turned around.

It was really interesting, I only found about 12 of the very large bumble bees, but they where all nestled deep into the nugs face first hugging the stem with their asses peaking out.
All asleep/hibernating when it got cold at night.
And only on the kandy kush plants..... Never seen them at my plot again... Maybe I should do that Kush strain again to see if they come back lol

Last edited:

MrBungle

That looks real nice... I happened to have a single seed of Kandy Kush from Reserva Privada (why I asked), that I've been working with for a while now... And no matter what I do it just sucks in my garden ( I like the smoke though).... So I have to let it go I think.... It's nice to know that there are good phenos of Kandy out there though

Skooter

I heard that Caboose is a pretty rare strain. I saw a guy selling cuts and he wanted a ridiculous amount for them, saying that it's not available to the public.

Should be some good ganja either way, nice grow.

Sourbear

That looks real nice... I happened to have a single seed of Kandy Kush from Reserva Privada (why I asked), that I've been working with for a while now... And no matter what I do it just sucks in my garden ( I like the smoke though).... So I have to let it go I think.... It's nice to know that there are good phenos of Kandy out there though

I will see if I can root up the seed bank that particular collective used to get their kandy clones!
I'll update you when I know!
What kinda problems are you having with the genetic you popped?
I remember it being a pretty high maintenance strain.

I heard that Caboose is a pretty rare strain. I saw a guy selling cuts and he wanted a ridiculous amount for them, saying that it's not available to the public.
Should be some good ganja either way, nice grow.

The Salmon Creek Big Bud genetic inside Caboose is what makes her so special.
I'm not sure how Greenhouse was able to acquire SCBB or if it is even that genetic they claim to have.
It comes from a really awesome guy named Tom Hill who's a bit of a notorious legend around these parts.
Between his SCBB and Chunk strains, hes really gotten recognition for champion genetics.
From the very little bits of information I got here on ICmag: SCBB has been known to give HUGE yields and massive colas.
So it got crossed with Trainwreck, which is supposed to be a clone only genetic with unattainable seeds.

I'm not sure about the proof of genetics or how Greenhouse was able to get SCBB to cross with TW.
But I have personally grown GHS's Trainwreck seeds and found some AMAZING phenotypes.
Some of the MOST phsychoactive buds i've ever smoked where GHS trainwreck plants.

I literally could not pass up buying 10 of these seeds, at the fringe chance that I get to play with the SCBB genetics.

If I could mix my Cream strain with SCBB....I would be in heaven......

Update:
The Caboose plants stretched another 6-7 inches, they might actually finish taller than my Cream plants which was REALLY unexpected. The caboose strain is about 10-11 days behind my cream plants in flowering terms.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Went ahead and purchased 10 Fem seeds from Greenhouse.
I've looked around and the only flowering pictures I can find of the caboose strain are from the greenhouse seeds test grows themselves.
Which show a dark red hue and a bit of purple to a really indica dominate plant.
There is also a thread on IC mag with 13 replies and no real solid answers for what the strain grows like or looks like or smokes like.

What people do agree on is that she is a shorter plant with small node spacings, and her smoke is a bit of a earthy sweet flower taste.

I've grown GHS's Trainwreck strain before and found some amazing psychoactive properties and some beautiful phenotypes.
I have always wanted the Salmon Creek genetic in my hands at some point, so when I heard about Caboose I decided it was worth the try.

8 of the 10 popped
View Image

Went from rockwool to plastic quart pots to 1gal plastic pots and they are in 5 gal geo pots now.
5 out of the 8 had really aggressive fast developing roots

2 of the 8 where the same size foliage, but half the root mass

And 1 plant is about 80% smaller than all but still doing just fine.

View Image
View Image

Taking 4 clones from each mother next weekend for a total of 32 cuttings.

8 will be quickly flowered out to determine sex.

Going to do 12 outdoor plants this year
The plan is to get as many of the female seed plants outdoors, and fill in the rest with clones that have been vegged. Any of the leftover vegging clones will be tossed into a 4x8 with a 400w to flower out for a quick turn over and test.

And hopefully I can answer some questions people have about this strain!

So far the stocks are amazing... SO freaking thick at the base and they are so young (i will give some screen-shots later today) The node spacing is to die for, and the plants really don't want to stretch all that much. So far they have made for a SUPER easy maintenance plant. The roots are real aggressive and occupy their container rather quickly.

As far as smells go, some of the ladies have a pineapple smell going on, some of the ladies have a real sweet candy type smell going on. But all over all they have a real train-wreck funk kinda smell, pungent kinda cat piss thing going on.

More updates to come on the train-cart!
i hear lots of people dog GHS but to be honest everything i have grown so far from them has been absulute fire and would be the first time sold out. i got their lemon skunk going this year. im putting the TW out next year to test out. everything is looking great so far bro..well done:tiphat:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

i did the KK from RP and it is absolute dank smoke. its leomny line as hell. u will really love the smoke from that one i can gurantee u that.:tiphat:

Sourbear

i hear lots of people dog GHS but to be honest everything i have grown so far from them has been absulute fire and would be the first time sold out. i got their lemon skunk going this year. im putting the TW out next year to test out. everything is looking great so far bro..well done:tiphat:

Yeah I hear a lot of people complaining @ GHS.
From personal experience their White Widow and Trainwreck where impressive.

Keep your nose tuned in for a genetic in TW that smells like catpiss...
Its got a real FUNK going on with it, and boy is that pheno intense....
Only time I have ever smoked cannabis and had such an intense psychoactive high.

MrBungle

I will see if I can root up the seed bank that particular collective used to get their kandy clones!
I'll update you when I know!
What kinda problems are you having with the genetic you popped?
I remember it being a pretty high maintenance strain.

Well I've been growing her (kandy from RP) for 4 years now... and pretty much the only reason I keep her is the prolific oil production I get out of her.. When growing her she is really lanky and grows awfully clumsy(falling over like mad)... In veg her leaves are not too bad, but in flower is when the trouble really occurs.. lots of deformities. unruly branches, and worst of all bug prone.... I've run into problems with other strains while in flower, but I can figure them out and they go away next time.. This one just doesn't like my style of growing I guess...

I figure Money Maker is a great replacement :)

Sourbear

There are no real buds forming yet, just 5-10 pistils coming out of the newest growth.
USAQ5QM.jpg

These caboose plants are really stocky....
1M2Nu17.jpg

I'm honestly impressed with the hardiness of these 8 plants I have
It's probably a pairing of good genetics and a constant upkeep of Raw Silica.
But these caboose plants don't get any pressure from the wind unlike the Cream plants from my other thread.
They don't require cages at all, they are like bamboo sticks I can bend them almost all the way over and they rebound perfectly.

If I didn't give internal/external cages for the other genetic i have. They would snap branches in the high winds all day due to the heavy weight and lanky genetics.

I need to do a really extensive inner growth trim of these plants.
also i want to pull them farther apart so they breath better, gotta get some more hosing first though.

Sourbear

Went through and picked clean some of the lower branches
also got some shots so you can kind of see her structure with the main stock and branches

3eM4pYv.jpg

VHqiUVJ.jpg

I also went through and separated the plants a bit, now none of them are touching anymore
PnQviWW.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts