What's new

Fireknot farm 2016

Will do.

It just seems like a hassle all around with the timing and the extra work etc. I imagine things will be backed up, no time for tests, im not buying any more soil until I know they dont ban here either. All these factors and then some. I want to keep it humble, legal, I want to succeed and fly under the radar. The other thing is, if I move again next year I have to move all the soil too. I...dont even want to contemplate this at this at this time. I still need to get 40 yards up a hill 1 skid steer scoop at a time.

Hang in there buddy. You will get some answers tomorrow it sounds like. From what I have heard the BOS in El Dorado have shut down the sheriff before on this so....hopefully it happens again.

From what I know from friends in that county, if you try to fly under the radar than you are probably ok. Know folks there running small greenhouse set ups with no issues from LEO.

Can a truck not make it up to your hill? Even if its close you can rent a skid steer for a couple days...

plantingplants

Haha, I don't know how we didn't die but last year a friend and I moved over double that. We had a skid steer but there was no way we were going to do it one load at a time so we rented a dump truck. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to raise a dump truck bucket on that steep of a grade. Thank god we didn't destroy that thing. If you can, rent a dump truck, it'll make it a whole lot quicker.

Thanks guys. Its steep. The delivery driver said it wasnt doable in his truck. I believed him...I could see it toppling over. I'll take pics of it tomorrow. Can a skid steer load a truck? A 4x4 with a bed could do it.

Fuck I was thinking I had to make the trip.... 160 times....

plantingplants

Yea I've loaded a truck bed with a Bobcat. Careful getting it too close because if you misstep an inch you'll dent the body or possibly fuck up a tire. I know from experience :) actually that was our first attempt -- we thought we could line the bed with a tarp and then pull the tarp off with a rope attached to it but soil is too heavy. Then we rented the dump truck.

I appreciate the tips, efficiency needs to play a key role in this job, I'll try to find the smallest dump truck I can and see if I can make it work, if not a truck then...which will take me forever...going to defintely need to hire help for that. I moved 360 wheel barrows full of soil last year only to have to walk away a week later... I'm so over it.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nevada is currently a ban zone and they even upped their funding for helis, be prepared for that. Good luck with your grow.

NV Med card holders can have 12 plants......well (12) 300 gallon holes, in a greenhouse is all I need for personal consumption 3-4 times a year)...:tiphat:

I'm already talking to a NV MMJ lawyer out of Las Vegas.

in Nov of 2016 Nevada has "some" kind of commercial proposition is supposed to be on the ballot..I am researching it (shrug) hell shit has fallen through so much..

Oh you mean the state. No wonder...it looks like Nevada XD

Forget what I said. I meant Nevada co. I'm getting super stoned before bed.

plantingplants

Your delivery driver probably had a 20 yard truck, which is going to raise a lot higher than a 5 yard dump truck which is what we used. So keep it in mind that you may be able to get away with a small dump truck. Maybe I can get you a photo of my hill so you can see if yours is steeper. My hill is pretty bad and we survived so... lol

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Yea I've loaded a truck bed with a Bobcat. Careful getting it too close because if you misstep an inch you'll dent the body or possibly fuck up a tire. I know from experience :) actually that was our first attempt -- we thought we could line the bed with a tarp and then pull the tarp off with a rope attached to it but soil is too heavy. Then we rented the dump truck.

fucking lol, wish i was there to witness that

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
how far from the soil staging area to the garden? i moved 40 yards last year with a skid steer it was pretty easy but it wasnt too far, youve seen my property

See I dont know how fast they are, I also think I have more a grade, plus it seems further, but honestly my memory is a little hazy. I'll post up some pics tomorrow, let me know what you think, would be great to eliminate the dump truck even if it means another day renting it

Hopefully they dont ban there. I wish the best for you for sure i knoe alot of people in butte who walked away and sold off everything cheap to move to placer calveras or el derado. Unfortunately im just rented a spot in placer. Landlords alright somewhat of a duechebag though always complaining about something or another. Found a spot in a little town called alta in placer county. Anyone up that way that could chime in on leo activity up that way and there feelings toward mmj??

I really wanted to attend the BOS meeting today. I tried to go to sleep at 11 but didnt end up actually doing so until 6. When my alarm went off at 8 I knew there was no way. Im saving the rest of the RSO for my dad. Insomnia blows. So I have absolutely no idea what happened today. Anyone know? Plants? I'll try to find out asap.

It was a busy day. I smell disgusting. Even the chick at the DUMP gave me a funny look. Old barrels just full of pythium slime showering me with their blessings. Oh I need to check for ticks... It took two SUV loads to clean the garden up and I'm still not done, the cabin needs work, theres years and years of degraded plastic, cigarette butts. I plan on getting all of it, it drives me a little crazy.

So about that hill. I drove my 2x4 up there today with hardly any slippage. Here are some pics. In case you are wondering yes that is my house I really do live inside a Durga yantra.

Trash

FXX8ZjOh.jpg

This looks like it might be a false morel but I'm not 100% Used to find them in Pogonip, Santa Cruz

Http://www.imgur.com/1fTXBi4h.jpg

LKDDdZzh.jpg

Pump junction. He had it on a timer and drip system. Pretty cool.

y4CPFsE.jpg

I busted open this rock on accident and found this.

g2RcrD5.jpg

Some 90's shit???

bjbzvdsh.jpg

Looks like some of my holes are soilless, about 3/20, but the clay is soft, I wonder if I should do something here to increase drainage?

BHgAjGOh.jpg

Filled hole from last year.

5dzv1jmh.jpg

The garden. Almost cleaned up and ready for the season. My heaven mountain.